• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TAITO releases Bust-A-Move Journey (iOS/Android)

I know some people on here like the TAITO corporation so I figured this might interest some of you. The game is known as "Puzzle Bobble Journey" outside of the US.

Price is $4.99, there are IAP but those are just for additional levels.

iOS/Android

Check out various stages and gimmicks!
The original bubble-shooter puzzle is now here!

BUST-A-MOVE Features:
- Shoot bubbles and match 3 or more bubbles of the same color to make them pop!
- Complete your missions in every stage such as "Pop all the bubbles!", "Reach the target score!" and "Save Chack'n!"!
- Clearing a stage unlocks the next stage. Move forward on your way!
- Skillfully use the helpful items and characters to advance the stages efficiently!
- "EASY MODE" to assist "Guide & Change Up" functions is now available!
- The game includes 270 + αpuzzle stages with a variety of gimmicks!
- You can purchase a MAP to play additional stages from the Stage 271.

How to play:
- Shoot bubbles and match 3 or more bubbles of the same color to make them pop.
- A stage is cleared by completing Goal Target.
- Bonus points are awarded when you remove a bunch of bubbles at once or remove bubbles with a bubble bouncing off a side wall of the game field.
- COMBO occurs when you successfully remove bubbles in a consecutive manner.
- Collect STARS and unlock TREASURE BOX by getting a target score in every stage.
8n9YbVdznKVQqPxU1505CGwjPqCioWH5B-MdGManldbtfd_YmoxvRNv2z454rBNPuA=h900

j3E4gNRTUWc0Uu2JuVEySsjw7sWFUiXPQRg-rFsn4Bxuq-CY4eXHfmVouOo4ydpESMdY=h900

zyfvTz3MiEMlo5GZMgUVinwKy0PmmzmpDDt9cL6QFCP9tuK-YxsDVxxFsHhuGCF-s9c=h900

nk1GqTybmv_Ml3CrJhWMl-3pBOjX_ksRXaIhDZeqfz1JZe4o1NkkWaYGUEMuQekPHA=h900

Jofamo

I'm not up to date on this kind of stuff, but has it really taken them this long to release an official Bust a Move game on mobile??

lupinko

The funny thing is that they can easily just call Bust a Move, Puzzle Bobble in the west now, since this game and Bust a Groove are all under the same corporate umbrella now (Square Enix).

Easy_D

never left the stone age
lmao why release a bubble witch saga clone XD talentless hacks

/s

Edit: They should call it Puzzle Bobble, that's the bestest name.

RedSwirl

Last time I tried to play a Bust-a-Move game on iOS it tried to have some kind of story mode or something which I thought was completely unnecessary.

galgu

Neo Member
Pay for a fine (or at least appealing) mobile game is okay, but when you pay you enjoy the game, not 1/2 of the game and have to pay more.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Game is super fun. No IAP besides the hundreds of other levels (beyond the first 270 or whatever). You play levels for coins that you can use to spin the "character gacha" for new characters. You can also use coins to level up your characters.

It's absolutely worth $5 if you like Bust-A-Move.

Syril

Game is super fun. No IAP besides the hundreds of other levels (beyond the first 270 or whatever). You play levels for coins that you can use to spin the "character gacha" for new characters. You can also use coins to level up your characters.

It's absolutely worth $5 if you like Bust-A-Move.

How many levels are in the extra packs?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
How many levels are in the extra packs?

90 per pack at $0.99/pack (I think...You have to purchase them individually and I haven't done that yet). 9 packs total. Map pack 12 is stages 991-1110. There's also Boss Battles and Events (which I haven't unlocked yet).

Hellers

I'm going on holiday in a few weeks and won't have any internet. is there anyway to know when I've finished getting all the extra data downloaded?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Bust a Move never made sense as the name of what game this is. Luckily I'm European and therefore know it by its original more logical name.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Here's the big elephant in the room:

How does this compare to the series' clones, such as Panda Pop and Bubble Witch Saga?

You pay $5 and get everything the game has to offer (well, the first 271 of 1100 levels). No bugging you for lives, power ups, levels designed to fuck your wallet, etc.

So it's a full game instead of the framework of a game.

Also, I discovered that getting 3 stars is all about combos. Don't focus on dropping bubbles or anything. If you can't chain your next shots in a combo, spend some time setting up for a chain. It's neat but doesn't really reward creative and skillful shots as a result.

Pejo

I, like many others, got this confused for the rhythm game.

I will never ever run awayyyyy, I'll be here to fight another day.

Fretman

Neo Member
The IOS version here in Canada is a bit more expensive. It's 6.99 for the game and 1.39 for each IAP. That's slighty less than $20 for the whole package. I haven't seen many gameplay videos. I'm wondering whether I should take the plunge and get this game. Right now I'm still playing Angry Birds POP but wouldn’t mind a change. I enjoyed Bust-a-Move back in the arcade days. One more thing, I heard this game does not have a game-save feature?

Lone Wolf

The IOS version here in Canada is a bit more expensive. It's 6.99 for the game and 1.39 for each IAP. That's slighty less than $20 for the whole package. I haven't seen many gameplay videos. I'm wondering whether I should take the plunge and get this game. Right now I'm still playing Angry Birds POP but wouldn’t mind a change. I enjoyed Bust-a-Move back in the arcade days. One more thing, I heard this game does not have a game-save feature?
This game hasn’t been updated in 8 months. Read the reviews, I would avoid it.

Last edited:

Fretman

Neo Member
This game hasn’t been updated in 8 months. Read the reviews, I would avoid it.

I can only access the Canadian reviews and there are only 2 and both are positive. I'm guessing the American reviews are not as flattering. No updates in 8 months may mean the game is a final version as-is?

Top Bottom