• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu #928 scans

shpankey

not an idiot
Bebpo said:
That was called sarcasm, but whatever forget it. Let's talk about RE Wii and all the other stuff in the thread.

I've had it pounded over and over into my head that at GAF you're not allowed to state your opinion unless it's the majority opinion, but for some reason I keep forgetting it and typing my personal thoughts on games.

SailorDavison is about the only person who actually gave a non-GAF reply and I agree that he's probably right and it just comes down to personal taste.
c'mon man, this argument is not logical. you can disagree with everyone else, but when everyone else disagrees with you, you're somehow being censored or oppressed?

castle007

Banned
..pakbeka.. said:
newpost.jpg

credits goes to jarosh

Is Jarosh God????

jett

D-Member
WOW **** WOW AT LOSY ODYSSEY I MEAN HOLY SHIT!

...wait, actually I can't see ****ing crap in those tiny screenshots.

Bebpo

Banned
shpankey said:
c'mon man, this argument is tiring. you can disagree with everyone else, but when everyone else disagrees with you're somehow being censored?

Errr, people are free to disagree with me and I'll accept that and maybe they'll even sway my opinion like SailerDavison did.

I'm more of talking about how when I say "I think X because of my personal tastes" and people like DCharlie start shouting "troll".

I maybe be wrong more times than I'm right and I'll accept that, but I don't have some secret ulterior motives to my posts; I just type what I think and it's annoying when people label me and blow off my opinions because I said something that doesn't sit well with them.

jiggle

Infinite Undiscovery looks ace. The way the characters are spread out, i hope it's a MMO.

Lost Odyssey, not feeling it. Would buy it nevertheless given who's making it.

shpankey

not an idiot
Bebpo said:
Errr, people are free to disagree with me and I'll accept that and maybe they'll even sway my opinion like SailerDavison did.

I'm more of talking about how when I say "I think X because of my personal tastes" and people like DCharlie start shouting "troll".

I maybe be wrong more times than I'm right and I'll accept that, but I don't have some secret ulterior motives to my posts; I just type what I think and it's annoying when people label me and blow off my opinions because I said something that doesn't sit well with them.
oh gotcha, roger that. i can see what you mean there.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Bebpo said:

/disagrees with bebpo

bebpo you troll! :p

:=|

I know I should have known, but I really can't tell jack-squat about the quality of LO from the scans. The game looks good, but the more I stare at it the more I think I see all these weirdnesses... then I think no no I'm just being disingenuously over critical, but then I keep getting this sense of flatness in some of the screens. I hope I'm not being goggled... In any case, I think it just further cements the idea that IQ has a large impact on the quality of graphics this gen... lot's of AA & AF or scaled down images seem to totally screw up my perception of a game's graphics... in other words, when's the 720p video coming? ;) Everything feels so darn fuzzy too (no offense Jonny, I appreciate the scans immensely).

Anyway, from what I feel I can judge the thing I think that's nicest about LO is it has a real sense of solidarity to the characters while keeping things light where appropriate. Errr... that is to say... umm... for instance, the hair doesn't look like a solid clump of mud or something like in most games. Still, I'd like to see hires screens, but it does seems pretty awesome (just to inform those who plan on eating me alive for not exploding all over the scans). Oh, and the cinematic low angle is a nice touch, I think.

FAKE EDIT:: I was comparing this to some other scans and realized these are at the same DPI as many others, so why the fuzzyness? Sitting down to read the text it seems fine, so it's the pictures that are fuzzy. I'd wager that they're apply a soft filter to give it a more "movie" feel. Sorry, Jonny, my bad.

ethelred said:
Heroes of Mana and Lost Odyssey both look phenomenal. I actually like the desolate nature of LO's environments... lends a lot of character and style to everything. And I'm delighted they went 2D with HoM -- really nice artwork, really great sprites. And there aren't enough real-time strategy RPGs, so one more should be sweet to have.

Any scans of Atelier Lise, Johnny?

I don't think many people have noticed, but the backgrounds actually are 3D. (omgwtf pretty 3D on teh DS, unpossibal)

Also, I concur with the Atelier Lise request.

duckroll

Okay guys, this is getting stupid. How about we delay praising or whining about Lost Odyssey until after TGS, when we would actually have videos of the demo running?

Just one more week! :D

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
lost odyssey looks great. and while i loathe the design style that mana games have used since legend -- nice blouse on the repulsive genderless lead, btw -- heroes could be a lot more interesting than another second-rate arpg. rewii sounds like a dumb spinoff of some kind, to no one's particular surprise.

ethelred

Chris Michael said:
I don't think many people have noticed, but the backgrounds actually are 3D. (omgwtf pretty 3D on teh DS, unpossibal)

Also, I concur with the Atelier Lise request.

I don't count 3D backgrounds as equalling a 3D game -- the gameplay is still basically 2D, the look is overall 2D. But yes, the backgrounds are 3D ala Final Fantasy Tactics, which is exactly the right way to use 3D in any SRPG.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
RaijinFY said:
Holy shit at Lost Odyssey! :D

Please, hope the game is good! :lol

Seriously. Now this is what I'm talking about

Mr. Sakaguchi goes crazy and releases the best pictures ever! Just tell me that one of those amazing pics doesn't look.......amazing. If you say so, you're either part of the SDF or you're a complete idiot.

I'm speechless. Now I wonder what's up with the Tri-Ace RPG and Cry-on....

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Infinite Undiscovery looks.....

54241320060913_182110_0_big.jpg

To be honest, I can't tell what it looks like. All we have is this.......I can't even make an assumption on the graphics or anything....all we have.....is this....

It's better than nothing, thanks famitsu! And the WiiRE thing is amazing as well!

Resident Evil - Umbrulla Chronicles... anyone else think this could be a game about the events at Umbrulla? as in the backstrory to everything that actually happened (from their perspective)? anyone else get goosebumps just thinking about that?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
PolyGone said:
Has anyone else noticed that Heroes of Mana features a 3d playfield?
*looks closely*

Wow, you're right, the environments are in 3D. :lol

That's pretty awesome, it doesn't look like shit. :D

ourumov

Lost Odissey looks pretty good from the scans...Who knows, perhaps in a few months things are going to change in Japan...

Hmmmm...

Lost Odyssey looks nice, but I still request more screens and videos to give a final verdict looks-wise. Definitely looks good, although I think, at the moment, Blue Dragon looks better. (Well, actually, Chopin's Dream looks the best period.)

...Infinite Undiscovery, however. It's only one screen so not jumping to anything, but that doesn't look to hot. For whatever reason it reminds me of Onimusha o_O;

icecream said:
Atelier DS looks very....anime ADVish. Not sure if that's a bad thing yet.
It looks just like all the Atelier games that came before Iris, which is to say, it'll involve alchemy and shop-simulation mostly, with some ADV and light RPG elements here and there. It's a return to form.

thanks for the Infinite Undiscovery scans!!

PS: REWii people, there is video of what is in the scans in the Nintendo Wii preview vid. FYI

Ceb

Bebpo said:
LO in my honest-to-god 100% opinion looks like what I'd expect a next-gen rpg to look like if they took a PS2 rpg and upped the polygon counts by 10x and textures to HD and then left it at that without taking advantage of any effects that next-gen machines can offer.

I think the battle pic looks like FFX with a massive bump in polygonal detail, textures, effects and the addition of HD resolution. Can we really expect more from a next-gen RPG this early in the next generation of consoles?

bloke

Jonnyram said:
If you want to leave requests, I'll try and scan the more popular stuff.
If you have no idea what's in, check the "Japan magazine news" thread.
Thnx...and Kingdom Under Fire : Circle of Doom scans request if possible.

Aaron

jiji said:
It looks just like all the Atelier games that came before Iris, which is to say, it'll involve alchemy and shop-simulation mostly, with some ADV and light RPG elements here and there. It's a return to form.
That's how it looked to me too, which would be lovely stuff in my book, since I think the change of direction started with Iris was a bad one. Plus the original form works very well on a handheld, as it did in Atlier GBA. I think the last thing we need is more traditional jRPGs.

kallisto76 said:
O_O That looks good! Really good! God, I hope they fix all of those little annoyances found in the first two installments. It almost comes together perfectly at times with Heroes. And, hopefully, they've got good working netcode this time...the KUF games just had shit netcode and online options, which was pretty damned rare for XBL games.

Top Bottom