• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 ''Fight'' Live Action Trailer

Dipswitch

Meh. Better to be consistent and stick with either the pure CGI or live action approach. In this case, the CGI approach yielded better results.

Budget seems to dip once the N7 soldier appears on screen, kind of turned me off the ad.
Feel like it the CG trailer covered this better, but oh well.

Woorloog

Banned
That looked too much like Reach's live trailer, and Reach did it better.

Both Reach and ODST had excellent live action trailers. This? Piece of shit.
Ah well, it is just a stupid trailer, won't affect enjoying the game itself etc etc. (Speaking of which, i need to do one final playthrough of both ME and ME2 very quick...

Dany

Banned
We know the Launch Trailer for ME2 is great. They should know it, why hasn't their been a trailer like that for this game yet?

iNvid02

just show the launch trailer already
LLShC.gif

Hopefully the launch trailer will live up to the ME2 trailer. Both of these have been so meh, it's like they saw that every other AAA game has a big marketing gimmick and just decided to do all of them.

Dany

Banned
Hopefully the launch trailer will live up to the ME2 trailer. Both of these have been so meh, it's like they saw that every other AAA game has a big marketing gimmick and just decided to do all of them.

Yeah, been getting the same feeling.

The launch trailer is coming next week.

So they are fucking with us with these CG/Live Action trailers...right?

Mass Effect 3 is going to be a great game..right?

exYle

Maybe this trailer's purpose was to lower the bar so Bioware could blow us away with the launch trailer again

Replicant

I don't know why they make it sound like we're going to participate in war to take back Earth. Okay that'll probably happen at the end but I thought in the majority of the game we'll just be going from one planet to another *begging* other species to help us out?

Sotha Sil

I don't know why they make it sound like we're going to participate in war to take back Earth. Okay that'll probably happen at the end but I thought in the majority of the game we'll just be going from one planet to another *begging* other species to help us out?

You really don't know? They've got their sci-fi nerd audience on lock; now they're going for the dudebro shooters fans. Who gives a sit about the galaxy when you can Take Earth Back™?

Kayo-kun

I loved ME1 and enjoyed ME2, but I am not excited at all to play ME3. I've watched most trailers and gameplay videos that's out so far and it all looked boring to me. Maybe DA2 made me lose all hope that I had in Bioware or something.

AEREC

ugh...not a big fan of these live action trailers. This is starting to remind me of the Halo Reach ad campaign that was cheesy and overdone as hell.

Neiteio

This spaceman running around going pew-pew-pew at purple zombies is generic as hell. I've only played ME1. Is this what the series has become?

Just show an in-game trailer with Martin "Illusive Man" Sheen classing it up.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
ugh...not a big fan of these live action trailers. This is starting to remind me of the Halo Reach ad campaign that was cheesy and overdone as hell.

Reach's ad campaign was something all other games should strive for. (as well as H3 and ODST)

This ME3 ad was okay, but not as well done as those were by a long shot. Unfortunate since the Mass Effect universe is definitley some rich material to draw from.

hlhbk

I came into a ME 3 thread and there is bias bashing of the game by the majority of GAF...imagine that....

Awesome trailer! Can't wait for 3-6!

Not a great trailer, CG one was better and they should run that one more.

Would have liked to have seen them go all out with some practical effects/make-up, and shown a live action Asari or Turian or something. Of course, that may have turned off the casual buyer, so what do I know?

In general, I find live action trailers to be a bit much for video games. I do agree that those Halo ones were excellent though.

Edit : I actually like this fan made trailer in the related video's, using Virgil actually emphasizes what I used to love about this series : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JmVfz4s16U&feature=related

The_Monk

I really liked it to be honest. The emotions/purpose and war/love themes make a way to (try) to connect people.

I think they do good ads, however if you never played this game (ME1,ME2) and watch this ad, you may get a different idea about the game. Same happened with Dragon Age 2, they had great ads and amazing visuals with good sound and whatnot but then I played the game and there was nothing I could relate to the ads I've seen. It was sad...

Also, better with Kinect? In my opinion no, it's not.

Can't wait for this one, will be getting the Collectors Edition.

firen

I much prefer a Mass Effect 2 style trailer where they stick with in game footage. I suppose live action can be done right and might even appeal to non-gamers. The problem is though that this type of trailer doesn't necessarily show what makes Mass Effect great; it makes it seem like some generic action game.

-PXG-

Making it look like a run 'n gun shooter...

...The "better with Kinect" line almost made me have a stroke.

GG.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Why do they HAVE to show "Better with Kinect" in every damn ME3 trailers?

It's like saying "Buy it on 360, it sucks on PS3 and PC!".

elcranky

Banned
Also, better with Kinect? In my opinion no, it's not.

That is just blind hater talk there. Kinect vastly improves the gameplay and does it in an appropriate way. it is not a gimmick. It adds new tactical depth to the game. how can that not improve the game?

Sephirus

Meh, doesn't stack up to the rest of the Live-Action trailers a few have posted here. I agree they should have just cut out the part with Shepard, seems like it would have helped the tone they were going for. Maybe cut to a shot of the combined Turian/Alliance/etc fleet making their way towards Earth.

Top Bottom