• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile Beta Thread: There Is No Sanctuary in Wraeclast

inky

A little concern at their F2P model, seems like they're giving people too much and I can't see myself spending any money on the game.

They are betting on people liking that stance so much that they feel inclined to give them money anyways.

Time to prove them right, or wrong I guess.

tci

I really love the DH in Diablo 3. How is the ranger in this game in comparison? I know you can build the char quite differently though.

They are betting on people liking that stance so much that they feel inclined to give them money anyways.

Time to prove them right, or wrong I guess.

It works for Killing Floor, that's the only F2P I can get behind honestly. Those weapon effects sound enticingly crucial to the game though, lol.

Jackl

A little concerned at their F2P model, seems like they're giving people too much and I can't see myself spending any money on the game.

This is the honeymoon period TBH. Getting it to work, attracting an audience, and cementing addiction features right now is their goal.

Microtransactions focus comes later once the player base is bound to the game.

This isn't WarZ were the least buggy feature on launch was the item store.

OB Patch Notes FYI: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/70479

Added Quicksilver Flasks, a type of utility flask that increases movement speed by 40% for five seconds. A Quicksilver Flask is now available as a reward from the Medicine Chest quest.
Added Amethyst Flasks, a type of utility flask that increases chaos resistance by 35% for 3.5 seconds.

Sprint flask? YEA BUDDY!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Where'z mah downloader?!

Radix

Neo Member
A little concerned at their F2P model, seems like they're giving people too much and I can't see myself spending any money on the game.

You'll want stash tabs. Other than that, its all cosmetic. I could see them offering passive skill point refunds in the future, although they would have to be limited so they don't screw up the economy.

syko de4d

You'll want stash tabs. Other than that, its all cosmetic. I could see them offering passive skill point refunds in the future, although they would have to be limited so they don't screw up the economy.

i believe i will just pay 30-50$ in the first year for stash tabs :lol

This is a genre where you can´t throw anything good away and you want to sort everything PERFECT in your Stash.

There will be alone over 250 Diamond Uniques, and i WANT THEM ALL :D

TheExodu5

Banned
Names good to go.

names.png

Not sure what I'll start with. Either a Templar or a Witch, I think.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Here we GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yoshichan

Site crashed for me :lol

xclaw

Summon Statues Skin for 80, Replaces the standard skeletons that are spawned by a Summon Skeletons gem with magically animated statues.

Sounds cool!

Getting a brisk 1MB/s on my patch download. To bad it's not rehostable for you people that are getting 3kb/s.

Oh nice, Ancestrial Bond is parked right in front of Templar, and Zealot's Oath is in-between him and Witch. Looks like Templar will be a more interesting class.

Top Bottom