• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited - |OT| - Console edition

I think they were planning on what they originally told the community that it would be a rolling launch, allowing people in the EST time zone to login in at 12:01am first, then having the Central time folks login when it was 12:01am for them and finally the West Coast. But it seems like we all had the game unlock at the same time and login servers are being jammed.

You left out mountain time ha

Edit: I friended you earlier, by the way

SeanTSC

I think they were planning on what they originally told the community that it would be a rolling launch, allowing people in the EST time zone to login in at 12:01am first, then having the Central time folks login when it was 12:01am for them and finally the West Coast. But it seems like we all had the game unlock at the same time and login servers are being jammed.

Pretty sure PS4 pre-order unlocks aren't built to work like that at all and it's just always EST for the entire NA region (as it should be, locking out people based on Timezone is fucking dumb). Not sure what they were thinking there.

Hawk269

No, I'm on Xbox One, I was just planning to go pick this up at Wal Mart in a bout an hour and didn't realise that there was gigantic update for it.

Well of course you will have the patch if you are buying retail. It sounded like some that had the digital copy on PS4 that it did not download the patch.

All retail games for the most part have a patch, cannot avoid that and no way to get a patch for a game you don't have.

It's ok, none of us can log in anyways! :(

tumblr_m7jdqhnZ4Y1ras7i8o2_400.gif

BokehKing

Banned
Going to sleep, waking up, 3 in the morning "calling out sick"
Going back to sleep and then playing this all day tomorrow

Team Dagger Gaf

ironcreed

Banned
I'll try a few more times and then I am going to call it a night. Excited to play whenever it finally works, but this is a fine example of why online games suck.

Hawk269

Pretty sure PS4 pre-order unlocks aren't built to work like that at all and it's just always EST for the entire NA region (as it should be, locking out people based on Timezone is fucking dumb). Not sure what they were thinking there.

Yeah, it has been like that for a while on Xbox One. When ZOS said this it sounded odd that they were trying to stagger it, but earlier today Xbox Live updated and it said it would unlock at 12:01est like all other titles.

I think ZOS did not understand something with Sony and MS and now are getting their assess handed to them with the entire NA on both platforms trying to login.

Perhaps they should of had a beta stress test weekend versus the extremely limited beta they had.

Kinsella

Banned
I still don't understand why they didn't let everyone into the beta like Bungie did. They would have seen and fixed this issue.

How long have people been having log in problems?

I'll be getting my copy tomorrow when amazon delivers. But hopefully for those who get it early/preordered digital get to play tonight.

But it just went live what? 30 minutes ago right?

They had to have some idea of how many potential people were logging in. I mean a lot of people bought this game days if not a week out.

Oh well.

Since it went live 27 minutes ago.

Yeah, I assumed as much, I was just curious because I've seen a few people say they were playing before it launched. But I guess once the masses hit everything went to hell.

What a let down, hope it gets sorted for those who have the game already. Better be sorted by tomorrow when I get it.

Concept17

Yeah, I assumed as much, I was just curious because I've seen a few people say they were playing before it launched. But I guess once the masses hit everything went to hell.

What a let down, hope it gets sorted for those who have the game already. Better be sorted by tomorrow when I get it.

Eh, standard MMO launch. I don't think I've ever experienced a smooth launch.

Hawk269

It is getting worse now...

People are now reporting and I just had it happen that the Announcement splash screen that talks about how busy the servers are is now showing "Could not retrieve Announcements". Seems like we killed ZOS.

Ape

Banned
all i had planned for tonight was logging in, getting my names real quick. now it looks like we might have killed it. idk if ill stay up late enough for everything to come back on.

With the console launch basically being a 2nd chance for the game, i can't believe they are screwing this up.

Why cheap out on capacity now? Over commit, then take auth servers offline as load dies down.

Amazing that this happens for most launches. I can only imagine the lies that come out of the IT team. "I SWEAR WERE READY FOR THE LAUNCH. NO, REALLY"

Hawk269

The EURO launch seemed to go pretty well. I had about 8 people form EU on my friends list all in the game playing earlier today. ZOS posted another update that they are still working on it. I have been monitoring their site, so will post anything major when I see it.

Disappointing to see this as I'm tempted to try my first mmo, this isn't helping.

Hope things get better soon for when my friends start playing or they are gonna be as pissed as you guys.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I was able to start making my account, but forgot I had used the email I put during the beta, so of course it sends me back to the main menu because that just makes sense. Is there even a way to log in with an existing Zenimax account?

Concept17

With the console launch basically being a 2nd chance for the game, i can't believe they are screwing this up.

Why cheap out on capacity now? Over commit, then take auth servers offline as load dies down.

Amazing that this happens for most launches. I can only imagine the lies that come out of the IT team. "I SWEAR WERE READY FOR THE LAUNCH. NO, REALLY"

I don't think it's capacity. It's just the shear number of people trying to log in at the exact same tsime. It's like over pinging a server till it crashes. Not much different to how PSN was taken down by those "hackers".

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
MMO launches almost always suck, unless the company is willing to spend far more on servers than they'll need or unless they add a queue system.

Kinsella

Banned

The shitty part is they had the perfect opportunity to stress test their console servers with the beta but they moronically chose to limit the number of people who could play it to the point that in PVP there was hardly ever anyone to play against. Why limit it like that? Were they afraid people would not like the game and thus not pre-order?

Top Bottom