• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

Oh really? When I first started playing on PC back when the game initially came out the costumes had random perks and whatnot attached. I stopped playing on PC ages ago (computer issues and then just sort of fell out of interest) so I just assumed that had continued. Thanks for the correction.

No, they never had random perks. You could attach cores to them which would have different stats, which is probably what you're thinking of, but those were independent of costumes and you could shuffle them around to whichever costume you wanted. Relatively recently they changed cores and made them their own items, so you no longer need to shuffle them if you're changing your look.

Yea don't turn it off! haha The frame rate drops are pretty nuts in some areas. Definitely one of those games that makes me glad boost mode is a thing.

BTW how have you been doing on progress so far? Have you been sticking with any one hero in particular and trying to wrap up the story?

Thank you for asking! I'm doing work with Cyclops (my friends are playing as The Punisher and Colossus), and we all just got to around level 35 last night. We've only got a couple more chapters in the story left, so we should be able to knock those out tonight!

No, they never had random perks. You could attach cores to them which would have different stats, which is probably what you're thinking of, but those were independent of costumes and you could shuffle them around to whichever costume you wanted. Relatively recently they changed cores and made them their own items, so you no longer need to shuffle them if you're changing your look.

Ah yes that's exactly what I was thinking of. It's been so long I guess trying to remember things it got a little muddled. I completely forgot about the cores being a thing for whatever reason.

Thank you for asking! I'm doing work with Cyclops (my friends are playing as The Punisher and Colossus), and we all just got to around level 35 last night. We've only got a couple more chapters in the story left, so we should be able to knock those out tonight!

Ah cool. Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far. Did y'all do your trials and up the difficulty yet? Makes things much more interesting especially in a group like y'all are playing with.

Punisher and colossus are both a lot of fun to play in their specific roles. Haven't played as Cyclops yet so I can't speak to him but if you like ranged characters Rocket Racoon is loads of fun to play with I highly recommend giving him a try if you get the chance.

The story is a bit cheesy but I'll admit o enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.

Toki767

New launch bundles for sale:
Scarlet Witch/She-Hulk/Captain Marvel/Black Panther/Squirrel Girl/Ant-Man for 5000 Gs
Nova/Doctor Strange/Angela for 2500 Gs
Ghost Rider/Blade/Punisher/Luke Cage/Moon Knight for 4000 Gs
Magik/Colossus/Cyclops/Kitty Pryde/Gambit for 4500 Gs

And naturally, I have 1 character in every single bundle already

Kyolux

New launch bundles for sale:
Scarlet Witch/She-Hulk/Captain Marvel/Black Panther/Squirrel Girl/Ant-Man for 5000 Gs
Nova/Doctor Strange/Angela for 2500 Gs
Ghost Rider/Blade/Punisher/Luke Cage/Moon Knight for 4000 Gs
Magik/Colossus/Cyclops/Kitty Pryde/Gambit for 4500 Gs

And naturally, I have 1 character in every single bundle already

Launch is on the 30th right? Do we have a content update list?

Toki767

Launch is on the 30th right? Do we have a content update list?

Not sure they're really updating anything for launch to be honest. There was a FAQ on what Xbox One owners can expect and it was literally everything that was already in the game.

I got the platinum in the game though. Think I may take a long break until the raid is in. The end game is like...literally non-existent.

DDFQvAhUMAA2Bqc.jpg

This is hilarious :

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelheroes/comments/6j75x9/june_30th_onwards_no_costumes_availabe_for_g/

Buy your costumes while you still can folks...

Unbelievable. Sometimes I come and see if Gaz is making some improvement to the console version, and every time I hear of a new fuckery.

PC players tried to warn y'all. Every time you think Gaz can't make another dumb decision, they pull some shit like this out of their asses. They are so desperate for cash they can't even think of a halfway decent business model to make people want to spend money.

Menome

Ah cool. Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far. Did y'all do your trials and up the difficulty yet? Makes things much more interesting especially in a group like y'all are playing with.

Punisher and colossus are both a lot of fun to play in their specific roles. Haven't played as Cyclops yet so I can't speak to him but if you like ranged characters Rocket Racoon is loads of fun to play with I highly recommend giving him a try if you get the chance.

The story is a bit cheesy but I'll admit o enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.

We were going to do the trials, but then saw they were locked until we completed the story(?) So we've been going through that. At around level 40 each last night we managed to somehow beat the Doctor Doom boss and felt like GODs after haha. One more chapter, then we'll try the trial!

I got the platinum in the game though. Think I may take a long break until the raid is in. The end game is like...literally non-existent.

I'm two achievements away, but that max legendary one is stupid. I've been leveling and and then did two prestiges with Spider-Man. His legendary isn't even level two yet, haha. Stupid slow.

Doesn't help that I'm now convinced he needs the shield to survive instead of the axe I got him. Under tuned across the board compared to PC. I might focus on Strange or Rocket instead for grinding.

Zurick

Banned
To quote @Asros from our forums.

Just want to clear up a few points.

Starting with this update, there will be gameplay methods to acquire loot boxes. You will be granted some as you reach certain milestones(leveling a character, for example) and over time we will be adding more ways to earn them.

In the current boxes, all 12 costumes are in the rarest tier of items. We have changed that to spread the majority of them down in to more common tiers so you will be seeing them more than you have before. However, dupe values of essence are not all the same now, lower rarity costumes will grant less essence since you will be getting them more often.

The Marvelous loot box will be getting revisions about every 2 months or so, and there will almost always be a second "rotating" thematic loot box that we are planning to change every few weeks. The net result is far more costumes available over time. All boxes will use the same currency, so if you have essence stockpiled, you can get newly released costumes day one from the vendor. We are also working to allow the purchase of costumes straight from the roster and store with dust, so you can bypass the vendor if you so choose.

My #1 focus right now is to make these boxes feel awesome to players. I am 100% committed to reading and considering feedback from you all. We have some new tech in the works for costumes to make them even cooler that I can't wait to share with you.

Outside of this quote I will say this. I'm personally here reading your concerns and bringing them back to the team pretty often. (Plus I love this community!)

To quote @Asros from our forums.

Outside of this quote I will say this. I'm personally here reading your concerns and bringing them back to the team pretty often. (Plus I love this community!)

Sucks for people who already leveled a bunch of people. Similar to how it sucks that I upgraded my storage and inventory space and didn't get reimbursed when the prices immediately dropped...all while still in beta.

Zurick

Banned
Sucks for people who already leveled a bunch of people. Similar to how it sucks that I upgraded my storage and inventory space and didn't get reimbursed when the prices immediately dropped...all while still in beta.

This is 100% retroactive per @Asros

Toki767

I'm two achievements away, but that max legendary one is stupid. I've been leveling and and then did two prestiges with Spider-Man. His legendary isn't even level two yet, haha. Stupid slow.

Doesn't help that I'm now convinced he needs the shield to survive instead of the axe I got him. Under tuned across the board compared to PC. I might focus on Strange or Rocket instead for grinding.

If you're leveling a legendary, the worst thing you can do is prestige.

XP you receive scales according to your level. So you get more XP at level 60 than you do at level 1.

But man, leveling a legendary absolutely sucks. It's a huge grind and without things like Scarlet Witch's insta-kill, it probably takes a long time with other characters. And most Rank 5 abilities aren't even useful lol.

Hyun Sai

PC players tried to warn y'all. Every time you think Gaz can't make another dumb decision, they pull some shit like this out of their asses. They are so desperate for cash they can't even think of a halfway decent business model to make people want to spend money.

I heard your warnings, that's why I didn't spent a cent on anything, waiting to see how it would be going.

Zurick

Banned
But man, leveling a legendary absolutely sucks. It's a huge grind and without things like Scarlet Witch's insta-kill, it probably takes a long time with other characters. And most Rank 5 abilities aren't even useful lol.

I'm chatting with someone in our team about that right this second. I don't do promises, but as a player I'm feeling this myself even!

This is 100% retroactive per @Asros

Glad to hear!

If you're leveling a legendary, the worst thing you can do is prestige.

XP you receive scales according to your level. So you get more XP at level 60 than you do at level 1.

I understand that. On the PC side they ended up making it so you leveled more slowly on your cosmic prestige while still earning infinity points as normal.

Legendary leveling in this game is simply absurd as currently tuned.

Loosely related, but I vastly prefer the prestige system on PC. Everything from the colors to no experience penalty before the cosmic option.

We were going to do the trials, but then saw they were locked until we completed the story(?) So we've been going through that. At around level 40 each last night we managed to somehow beat the Doctor Doom boss and felt like GODs after haha. One more chapter, then we'll try the trial!

What? The first trial should unlock once you hit lvl 11. Cosmic (the third and highest level one) should the only one that unlocks post completion. Are you absolutely certain about that? Maybe they changed how the unlocks works since I first started playing.

What? The first trial should unlock once you hit lvl 11. Cosmic (the third and highest level one) should the only one that unlocks post completion. Are you absolutely certain about that? Maybe they changed how the unlocks works since I first started playing.

Nope, you're right. We just never looked at them while ungrouped lol. Once I looked at it solo today it was open

Toki767

Heroic trial unlocks at level 11.

Super Heroic trial unlocks immediately after completing the Heroic trial.

Cosmic trial unlocks at level 60.

Trials can't be done in a group though. Only solo or couch co-op.

Wolverine's damage output is absolutely nuts but it seems like nobody else is playing him at all. He just absolutely shreds single targets and has some very strong aoe damage output with bleed effects stacking on enemies. Only thing I can think of is that he is a bit on the fragile side for a melee fighting character but provided you use his rage skill and give him some health on hit gear he can definitely take a beating. Is there some fatal flaw I'm missing? I figure hed be getting played by a lot more people with this sort of damage output.

Kyolux

Wolverine's damage output is absolutely nuts but it seems like nobody else is playing him at all. He just absolutely shreds single targets and has some very strong aoe damage output with bleed effects stacking on enemies. Only thing I can think of is that he is a bit on the fragile side for a melee fighting character but provided you use his rage skill and give him some health on hit gear he can definitely take a beating. Is there some fatal flaw I'm missing? I figure hed be getting played by a lot more people with this sort of damage output.

Melee characters are a pain to play though. Might explain why.

I remember when his signature was ridiculously OP. You could spam in 5-6 times and watch a raid bosses' health drop 10-15%. Just insane.

SirKhalid

I just start the on Xbox. Did they remove the concept of skill point for skills for the console version? I also just hit level 5, were we not suppose to get one of those lootbox at level 5?

People cant buy the costume they was for 10-ish dollars anymore? Seems dumb. I want Gaz to succeed financially, but this may give players less of an incentive to play at all.

I just start the on Xbox. Did they remove the concept of skill point for skills for the console version? I also just hit level 5, were we not suppose to get one of those lootbox at level 5?

Actually they removed skill points in the PC version a while back, although it was definitely in anticipation of the console port. Call it a pre-beta beta.

So in addition to the costume box thing, they've also adjusted hero pricing again. Most heroes have been reduced a bit, which is good, though Dr Strange and Ghost Rider were moved back into the upper cost tier. A few more heroes were moved to the bottom tier (Black Widow, Hulk, Hawkeye, Kitty Pride & Captain Marvel)

The fun part though is that they reduced the tutorial ES again, so now it's gone down to 225, locking you out of most of the roster unless you pay or grind.

How much G does Heroes cost in the game?

I wont be able to download until I get home

The three tiers are 450, 900, and 1350 Gs, and 100 G = $1.

Keinning

So how's this game for a cheap bastard not willing to spend a single penny? @ work right now but already put the game + daredevil to download. How much of the game would i be able to play? Is it even worth to download 20gb+ if the free content is limited in any way? i remember DC universe having several episodes, maps and quests blocked by a paywall, same happens here?

jmizzal

So how's this game for a cheap bastard not willing to spend a single penny? @ work right now but already put the game + daredevil to download. How much of the game would i be able to play? Is it even worth to download 20gb+ if the free content is limited in any way? i remember DC universe having several episodes, maps and quests blocked by a paywall, same happens here?

I'm not planning to spend much only on Wolverine to fully level him up. Outside of that you can play with any character for free up to level 10, so if your not gonna be hardcore into the game that would be a good route to go. I played some on PC and it was fun, its free so might as well check it out.

Syysch

There's no content behind a paywall, only characters/costumes/storage and other stupid shit you don't need like xp boosts. Once you hit a certain point, all there is to do is grind, but it's fairly fun playing your first time through if you can use a character you like (they just restricted which ones you can buy using your tutorial reward).

I haven't spent any money myself, and it's a fucking slog to unlock new characters for free, but that's kinda all there is to do after finishing the story, or rack up infinity points which are basically bonus xp levels beyond the level 60 cap you can spend on extra boosts for things like max hp or crit chance etc.

Top Bottom