• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Dunsworth, Jim Lahey of Trailer Park Boys, Has Died

hobozero

So long, John. Thanks for the laughs

9AZxCV5.jpg

Me and my boss have been listening to the "Jim Lahey Show With Randy!" For the past two weeks, he texted me earlier today and told me the news. Terrible news. I remember stumbling across season one on Showcase one night when the show first started, watched it since the very beginning. I dont see how the show goes on without him.

As a few others have said apparently TPB finished shooting the next season which comes out early 2018 so we get a finale of sorts with jim.

R.I.P Mr. Dunsworth.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Such amazing talent. Thanks for some of the best laughs I’ve had! What’s with great comedians dropping dead too early.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
So long, John. Thanks for the laughs

9AZxCV5.jpg

Might be one of the funniest scenes of all time for me. The entire season leading up to this moment was incredible, even the scenes preceding this one in the same episode just set things up perfectly for this line and Dunsworth's reading was perfect. I'm laughing right now just thinking about it.

Clefargle

Won't be the same without him. I don't expect more than one more season of TPB without him. Guy was a legend, he will be missed. The fucking way she goes

MazeHaze

Banned
Damn that sucks.

The scene where you hear Lahey drunkenly trying to sing Flight of the Bumblebee, and then his trailer door opens and he's dressed as a bee and Randy is in a sex swing dressed as a flower is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Not even sure what to say. I was literally watching Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys last night. Celebrity deaths normally don't affect me but this one is tough. I have great admiration for the guy and have been a huge TPB fan for years. Had the pleasure of meeting him a little over two years ago and was delighted to find that he was a kind, down-to-earth guy that genuinely loved the show, loved playing the character, and loved his fans. I truthfully believe he's one of the great comedic actors of our time - easily the most underappreciated.

RIP Mr. Lahey, I can feel the shit clinging to the air today.

SoundLad

Yea this is a tough one to swallow, an amazing actor and basically the soul of one of my favourite shows ever.

RIP John

Top Bottom