• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

"Knock Knock" is the Red Velvet "Rookie" of Twice singles.

To be fair that's after one listen and I expect it to grow on me with repeat plays, but like "Rookie" I don't see myself ever coming around to viewing it as being as strong as their other singles.

Starting to doubt JinE will ever rejoin Oh My Girl.

Thread needs more Ladies Code tbh.
Always.

R1920x0

I have no clue if this was posted before but do any of y'all recognize this person:

tumblr_ndn5842mC21qev7yoo6_400.gif

Almost lost my shit when Horse Fany pointed it out to me earlier lol.

PInk Tape

Banned
hey KpopGAF,
just got home:
i was at my grocery store to get stuff to make kimbop and took a few snaps of random stuff:

Thanks for posting!

Wow @ all the stuffed animals :eek:

I have no clue if this was posted before but do any of y'all recognize this person:

Almost lost my shit when Horse Fany pointed it out to me earlier lol.

I don't believe so but yeah that's Somin, lol.

She mentioned on a fancafe post she had connections that led her to be cast in the MV.

llehuty

Hang on. Hang on. That's Somin.

D61kOp.gif

mFknwF.gif

Also, checked some old posts and, isn't it weird that chesskid hasn't come yet to gloat about the T-ara/Hwayoung situation?

And BTW, I know her career is probably ruined, but could we at least get Hwayoung on Unpretty Rapstar? She was actually an OK rapper, and I'm sure she would go HAM dissing everyone left and right.

Also, checked some old posts and, isn't it weird that chesskid hasn't come yet to gloat about the T-ara/Hwayoung situation?

And BTW, I know her career is probably ruined, but could we at least get Hwayoung on Unpretty Rapstar? She was actually an OK rapper, and I'm sure she would go HAM dissing everyone left and right.
OMG yes please. Pissy and desperate Hwayoung is all I need. Her playing the victim and getting angry at everyone, it would be so glorious. We might even get a #nipplegate rap.

And she was indeed a decent rapper so that's nice too.

llehuty

So it BTS currently the biggest act in K-Pop?
Maybe internationally and in kpop fandoms? They don't chart that well in korea and I don't even know if they are able to land many CF deals or TV appeareances.

Also, quite an odd statement to make, right after Twice's comeback.

Peru

Maybe internationally and in kpop fandoms? They don't chart that well in korea and I don't even know if they are able to land many CF deals or TV appeareances.

They chart well in Korea, though. But not as big as Twice.

They're definitely one of the biggest boy bands in Korea now, and internationally they may be the biggest act. Girl groups tend to be more popular in Korea though.

They chart pretty well in Korea. Of course not at Twice's level, but Twice is a girl group; it's hard to compete with that, haha. And they have a good amount of CF's from what I've seen. They've done some for PUMA, SK Telecom, and BBQ Chicken to name a few.

She mentioned on a fancafe post she had connections that led her to be cast in the MV.

Huh that's super interesting.

Somin from 2014

Goddamn 2014?!?!

Was she a trainee under DSP already?

Also amazing is how she still looks the same after 3 years.

Idk but I do know they have the most annoying fandom these days, much worse than SONEs, Blinks, ONCEs, and Blackjacks combined.

Normally I don't really care what fandoms do but when half the comments on YT are "ARMY here let's fnck!" or whatever variation on ANY K-Pop vid, doesn't matter if it's a BTS track or not, then yeah I'm going to be a little annoyed lol.

Just look at Twice's Knock Knock video. Half the comments are ARMY dipshits fighting for the view count...

broz0rs

The one thing that I've always liked about Kpop GAF is that I've never seen a comment like:

"As a SONE, I think this 2NE1 single is amazing. Just lending my support!"

(cringe)

Normally I don't really care what fandoms do but when half the comments on YT are "ARMY here let's fnck!" or whatever variation on ANY K-Pop vid, doesn't matter if it's a BTS track or not, then yeah I'm going to be a little annoyed lol.

Just look at Twice's Knock Knock video. Half the comments are ARMY dipshits fighting for the view count...
i'm still not over the fan that ruined Goblin for me so i had a good chuckle =)
maybe that girl and her friends don't represent the majority of fans but it's annoying constantly getting group texted by them in the middle of the night bout BTS.
first time i had to select ignore alerts.

They're definitely one of the biggest boy bands in Korea now, and internationally they may be the biggest act. Girl groups tend to be more popular in Korea though.

They chart pretty well in Korea. Of course not at Twice's level, but Twice is a girl group; it's hard to compete with that, haha. And they have a good amount of CF's from what I've seen. They've done some for PUMA, SK Telecom, and BBQ Chicken to name a few.

I remember you mentioned that Jin is your favourite. Here's a vid you might like:

All of Jin's close ups in BTS Not Today MV

Cmagus

I really like the new Twice songs they're pretty good. The new BTS video for Not Today is dope though, such awesome choreography .

Ugh don't remind me, haha. He barely got lines or screen time for this song. I heard he gets center once in the live version though, and he gets center a bunch in Spring Day's choreography so that makes up for it a little, haha.

Someone uploaded their liver performance for Not Today from their recent tour. I don't think he gets much center time at all in Not Today. It looks like the only time he gets center is when they're moving across the stage so he can take his place in the back on the side again lol.

BTS - Not Today Live

llehuty

They chart well in Korea, though. But not as big as Twice.

There is this false impression that some of these idol groups are chart toppers, just because they stay at the top of the charts from 2am to 6am, when nobody else is streaming.

Their most streamed song of last year it's just at the 64th place at melon 2016 streams ranking, and if we are counting boy groups only, theya re bellow EXO and Block B. The heavy lifting is done by their fandom, and that's it.

Someone uploaded their liver performance for Not Today from their recent tour. I don't think he gets much center time at all in Not Today. It looks like the only time he gets center is when they're moving across the stage so he can take his place in the back on the side again lol.

BTS - Not Today Live

Ugh, of course. I get he's a weak dancer and songs like Not Today have pretty intense choreography, but just give him center in a slow part like how they did it in Fire. I did see a fancam of his solo and Lost and he did really well with both of them, so at least he got a chance to shine there.

Red Velvet having fun with an encore performance at Music Bank.
tumblr_olnxw9FkM41tizu4so3_250.gif

Pledis have opened a youtube channel for Pristin, and the first video is another Hicam. BTS of their recent photoshoot. Subbed by two different teams already,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTtcuYWmQdc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxttvpHYQOo

The individual pictures which I believe was never posted:
Nayoung
C4mcMJAVcAE7bz8.jpg

Roa, fka Minkyung/Mingyung/Mingeong/Mingyeng
C4mcPkjUMAEhb7q.jpg

Yuha, fka Kyungwon
C4mcTTyUYAMNG5u.jpg

Eunwoo
C4mcWCqUcAA3GLu.jpg

Rena, fka Yebin
C4mcYOiVUAARoYi.jpg

Kyulkyung, aka Zhou Jieqiong/Pinky
C4mc1CcVYAA21hS.jpg

Yehana, fka Yewon
C4mc6HsUYAAwsK5.jpg

Seungyeon, aka Shannon
C4mc8qTUYAAq4CP.jpg

Xiyeon, fka Siyeon
C4mc_2NUMAAhrNt.jpg

Kyla
C4mdLEFVcAEZVt-.jpg

So I've been spring cleaning all day and look what I found:

Uh3uhx3h.jpg

I thought I'd lost this thing when I shuffled the furniture in my room last year, turns out it's just been hiding my bed the entire time lolol.

With WG being officially dead, I kinda wonder how much these would go for these days or in the future. Like I honestly have no interest in selling it(except for a million USD) but I do wonder if this would be a collector's item in the future.

Actually biggest reason why I don't want to sell it is coz this is the only physical K-Pop album I own lol.

Dude. She debuted in DSP's Puretty in 2012.

Huh, TIL.

I knew she was in Baby KARA and April but that's all. Now I'm rooting for KARD even more, they need all the success they can get!

And hopefully they release a physical album once the 3-4 song project is done, I'd love to buy a signed copy hahaha.

i'm still not over the fan that ruined Goblin for me so i had a good chuckle =)
maybe that girl and her friends don't represent the majority of fans but it's annoying constantly getting group texted by them in the middle of the night bout BTS.
first time i had to select ignore alerts.

Heh tbh I sometimes mute my squad's group chat. 30 minutes of them laughing over memes or whatever isn't worth my battery life and time lolol.

Tracklist. 13 songs :O

There will be 2 album versions, and song medleys everyday until release.
Song Nº6 is composed by Nell. Their song "Time walking through the memory" is the extra track included only in the CD.

Bowlie

Banned
[MV] 솔라감성 Part.4 행복을 주는 사람

A music by Mamamoo's Solar in commemoration for her birthday.

Pretty heartwarming c:

I remember you mentioned that Jin is your favourite. Here's a vid you might like:

All of Jin's close ups in BTS Not Today MV

Lol! I'm not familiar at all with BTS, but after watching Not Today like 10 or 20 times, I started noticing this guy always at the back and thought

"but he's not wearing black clothes, he's not a backup dancer... who is he?"

And then went to the lyrics and noticed that he has only 2 lines in the entire song. Is this usual for him?

ramyeon

Tracklist. 13 songs :O

There will be 2 album versions, and song medleys everyday until release.
Song Nº6 is composed by Nell. Their song "Time walking through the memory" is the extra track included only in the CD.
기억을 걷는 시간 is legit one of the best Nell songs, so hyped for a cover of that.

Lol! I'm not familiar at all with BTS, but after watching Not Today like 10 or 20 times, I started noticing this guy always at the back and thought

"but he's not wearing black clothes, he's not a backup dancer... who is he?"

And then went to the lyrics and noticed that he has only 2 lines in the entire song. Is this usual for him?

Sadly for the most part yes :/ He's got one of my favorite voices in the group but since he's one of the weakest in dancing he tends to get less lines in faster, more intense tracks. It's not as bad on their b-sides and slower songs like Save Me and Spring Day, but it's still pretty frustrating.

Top Bottom