• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 |OT| The Blue Bomba

For some reason, the non-DRM copies have appeared on my HB page just now. I guess I will just download these instead of just waiting for Steam.

vlWvktn.png

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
pffffffffffffffffffhahahahaha

Oh my, this is brilliant. I'm bookmarking this thread.

I feel bad for the 12 backers that planned on playing MN9 on 360.

But in all seriousness this is the type of thing that happens when you try to release a game on 10 platforms at the same time.

That's quite true.

Veelk

Banned
I almost feel bad for piling on, being a mod and everything, but MN9's progression deserves to be highlighted for educative purposes.

The concept art.

gsfnfzl.jpg

The alleged WIP

D48ZJXE.gif

The final product

0zCVbpH.gif

It would be hilarious if it weren't for the fact that people financed it cash in advance.

This is not good. Not good at all. Old glories going solo need to take a long, hard look at MN9 and be wary of its history.

Mega Man's graphics were always competent in any case. MN9's aren't. Its art is also fairly unspired, to the point of its visuals being reminiscent of some of the poorest games of the Xbox/PS2 era; there's no flair at all. And then there's the gameplay not being all that great, going by most respected accounts.

This is a pretty good post from the review thread.

Hahahaha I just got the kickstarter update saying they failed cert. I've felt kinda sorry for the team, but one last delay is just a cherry on top for the garbage fire this game's development turned into.

I guess I'll play it if I have nothing better to do. I only spent $500 on it.

I totally forgot there were higher tiers. Wow. Hope you enjoy the game.

Anyone else having issues with separate keys from Humble Bundle trying to add the same thing or is listing as "product already owned"?

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
So uhm, this twitch stream where you are watching them play the game just as it launched. Then the stream is delayed and then basically them trying to excuse all the game's development hell and shortcomings and saying the reviews are too harsh.

Edit: THE NEOGAFS

REPRESENT!

FOUR MILLION DOLLAS!!!

NeOak

This is a pretty good post from the review thread.

RIP

well that explains this at least

I3rXcqC.png

92 people watching? wow

RIP Kickstarting Video Games after this.....like why would anybody ever back a game after this?

Bloodstained. Check the gameplay from E3.

Still waiting on my signed sketch, Inafune.

Xbox 360

There are rewards from the higher tiers that have yet to be fulfilled.

SexyFish

Banned
RIP Kickstarting Video Games after this.....like why would anybody ever back a game after this?

I'll still back games if I really think the team has an idea that seems doable. I'm sure some things I back will fail or won't pan out, but I'll be happy with some of them too. But this and Red Ash both seemed iffy and I didn't get hooked into them.

Just don't put in over $100 on a Kickstarter. That's ridiculous.

I'm not sure if I should feel bad about wanting to actually buy Mighty no. 9 when it comes out on Steam, just to witness it for myself.
This isn't Big Rigs or anything. I feel you're going to be disappointed if you buy it to see how "awful" it is. So far it just seems to be a really average game.

Top Bottom