• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch Halloween Terror 2017 now live (Oct 10 - Nov 1), pictures of skins, info

jediyoshi

First event where I'm not really hurting for any of the skins. Would be happy with Mei's emote and maybe Ana and Zarya's skins 🤷

I will never understand the thought process of people that go into junkenstein on harder difficulties and choose widow or genji. I leave matches when they are picked by someone. It is immediate team suicide.

KanameYuuki

Got Zarya / Zen / Ana / Junkrat skins and MEI emote so far, been doing pretty good especially after the disaster uprising and anniversary events were, I need 50 coins to buy Mei's but now getting coins is hard : (

ZugZug123

Got 3 of the Halloween victory poses and Sym and Reaper (never play him) skins. Hoping for Mei emote. Also got a couple regular skins and coin drops. I'm getting kinda tired of these events, have 18k coins and will probably not buy many items.

Feels like they nerfed the skin drop rate. 5 boxes and got nothing bout sprays and avatars.

Made out a little better yesterday. Got Roadhog, Mercy, and Zarya's Halloween skins. I'm hoping I at least get Symmetra's from a box, but if not, I'll go ahead and buy hers, like I've done for every other event she's featured in.

I have enough coins for three Halloween Legendary skins. That's not enough though. I only have the McCree Legendary skin so far when it comes to the new skins.

Salarians

I've got enough coins for two legendary skins, which works out ok

I'll buy Torb's if I don't get it before the event ends and I'll save 3000 for the winter event

I'd like Symmetra's but I'm not sure I'd use it very often, I prefer her Utopaea, Architect, and Oasis skins tbh

Meant to post this here and not on the OT.

First time I have ever took part in lootboxes and of course $40 got me nothing I wanted. I knew that this was going to happen but I fell into the try anyways...

Womp Womp. Still having a blast with the game so that's good.

I just want the damn Lovecraft skin.

LiK

Meant to post this here and not on the OT.

First time I have ever took part in lootboxes and of course $40 got me nothing I wanted. I knew that this was going to happen but I fell into the try anyways...

Womp Womp. Still having a blast with the game so that's good.

I just want the damn Lovecraft skin.

Turns out I was only missing two legendary skins after getting the 50 pack. Got the rest (Ana and McCree) with coins after failing in getting them in the weekly lootboxes. Def done with the event. I do like most of the skins this time tho. Very detailed and well made.

Roubjon

I know they changed it so everyone gets way, way less duplicates, but honestly it's kinda annoying. I never get coins now, so I can never buy anything I actually like.

_Legacy_

Turns out I was only missing two legendary skins after getting the 50 pack. Got the rest (Ana and McCree) with coins after failing in getting them in the weekly lootboxes. Def done with the event. I do like most of the skins this time tho. Very detailed and well made.

50 pack? Bloody hell, highest I ever bought was the 11 and still felt a built guilty afterwards, lol. I've only got the Zen skin so far but will be hunting for more later today.

Atuin

7 Legendary skins now, none from the event. Fuck this game and fuck Blizzard.

Hahah, I didn't even know that's possible. I've found Dragon Symmetra, Viking Torbjörn and 80's Zarya, zero non-event or old halloween legendaries. Oh, and 500 gold but that's not so bad.

Doomfist really needed one this event, his current ones all stink.

I was surprised when Doomfist didn't get a boxing skin in Summer games and even more surprised when he didn't get a Hellboy skin this Halloween. Fingers crossed for "Holiday punch" pun in next event.

Big Nikus

Hahah, I didn't even know that's possible.

tumblr_oqpx99qL9U1w65kiso2_400.gif

I should be proud to be the most unlucky dumbass playing this game.

Pilgrimzero

Have all the new skins sans 3 (and several of the new emotes and win things etc) and that’s after buying $20 worth of boxes and spending 3k gold on a skin.

Only skin I don’t really care for in Mei’s which is one of the 3 I don’t have. Zen and Torb the other 2.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I honestly don't know why i still care to play on those events...

2017-10-1921_42_26-ovpuska.png

NeoRaider

3 event skins so far after who knows how many boxes. And they are all for heroes i almost never pick. Reaper, Torb, McCree.

I think that i got all last year skins that i was missing, and lots of icons, VL, sprays...

I really want Symmetra, Zen, Ana and Mei. But i can't stop getting blue/white items. Last 10 boxes were all blue/white i swear.

ZugZug123

It seems the minimization of duplicates had a couple of unintended effects. Or maybe Blizzard saw this would happen and only then decided to implement the changes.

For longer time players like me, Blizzard does not want to run out of lengedaries to give so I see about half my golden drops be coins even though I don't need more coins.

For newer players they get skins and other drops and rarely get coins at all even though they need it the most. And since the pool of non-event legendary skins is larger than the event one, they keep getting non-event ones while not being able to accumulate enough coins during and event to buy even 1 skin they want.

It seems this is actually going to work better for Blizzard in terms of making people shell out for loot boxes during events. Talk about unintended consequences. And I was pretty vocal on their forums on the too many duplicates complains...

Been bashing our heads against the Not a Scratch achievement on Xbox (hard mode, no door damage) but the addition of Symmetra seems to have made it nearly impossible. It's one of a handful I still need overall and it's driving me mad.

Lootbox rates wise I've unlocked three legendaries, two of which were Halloween skins out of 38ish boxes.

KyleCross

I honestly don't know why i still care to play on those events...

2017-10-1921_42_26-ovpuska.png
If it makes you feel any better Jeff Kaplan revealed that regular loot drops and event loop drops are two different pools with separate odds. So because you got a regular legendary that didn't change your odds of when you get an event legendary.

Man this has been my worst event yet so far. Two legendaries nether event related. I’m probably just going to bite the bullet and buy some latter if my luck doesn’t turn around.

Blues1990

I was able to get all that I need from this event (got all the new Legendary skins and other cosmetics), so I'm pretty content. Still bummed that you can't purchase a player icon with gold, along with there being no way to organize said icons any way you see fit.

Oh hey I finally got another legendary drop.

Aaaaandd it’s freaking young Hanzo.

I swear I have never had so little worthwhile from pills before. Normally I'd have gotten at least one event skin by now.

LiK

50 pack? Bloody hell, highest I ever bought was the 11 and still felt a built guilty afterwards, lol. I've only got the Zen skin so far but will be hunting for more later today.

I just don't wanna grind anymore. Love the skins but eff the grind.

LordofPwn

got the mei skin last night, just need torb and Reaper and then I can just buy the victory poses I'm missing. or i could spend almost all of my currency and buy everything I'm still missing but the next events are all pretty close together and I don't really play enough between events to get my funds up.

Snoopycat

Banned
Got my first legendary last night. I was so excited when I saw the yellow light. Turned out to be a fucking D'va emote. I play D'Va a lot but damn, my controller nearly went through the window. I didn't even know there were legendary emotes.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Got my first legendary last night. I was so excited when I saw the yellow light. Turned out to be a fucking D'va emote. I play D'Va a lot but damn, my controller nearly went through the window. I didn't even know there were legendary emotes.

I have that emote too. I use it all the time, sitting on the payload playing vidya gaemz, it's great.

darklin0

Banned
I just like adding more salt so I wanna let you all know I have gotten 5 of the legendary event skins and I have put in $0.

Just waiting on Mei and Symm to drop and then I can 100% focus on Destiny 2.

Zomba13

I've been ill the past week so not been feeling up to really playing games. I've not got any of the achievements this Halloween and I've got every other event one outside of the Omnic one on the hardest difficulty (because my friends don't care and it was so hard with a PUG). I just don't feel the drive to get them this year when it's pretty much just the same as last years mode but with more rounds so it takes longer. I mean, Lucio ball was the same as last year too, but it was still fun because I enjoy the Rocket League rip-off but Junkenstien's Revenge just seems like a chore. It's boring and easy until it isn't.

Anyway, I'm feeling better now so I need to put some time in to get some boxes and hope for more skins. I have enough to get the Zarya skin at the end of the event if I don't get it through boxes but that is it. Then I'm out of cash. I do like not getting a box of dupes every loot box now, but I do miss having enough money to get whatever I wanted from the events. Like, why are the money rewards still the same? They should be bumped up now you don't get dupes (or it's VERY HARD to get a dupe). It doubly sucks to get Legendary gold on an event, 500 gold when the skins you want are 3000 and that Legendary could've been a fancy new event skin...

KyleCross

I actually bought that emote when it first came out. People called me crazy for dropping 1000 currency on an emote. It's so good.

Top Bottom