• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park: The Fractured but Whole |OT| Asses of Fire Emblem

I decided to try this on a whim on my PS4 since I never played SoT and I had a free rental from Redbox. This game is actually really fun when it comes to combat and I occasionally enjoy the humor a lot with some weird ones every once in awhile.

I want to keep playing but I have to return this soon! I'm thinking of buying it now but I wanted to buy the steelbook version that came with SoT and the season pass.

Maybe I'll check on the B/S/T thread for people selling the first game.

I glad I forced myself to stop playing last night and get a good amount of sleep.

This is one of those games that's so fun that you end up playing until the point where it doesn't because of exhaustion. Now I'm eager to jump back in.

Same thing happened to me with the first game. Can't wait to start to play the sequel.

shaneo632

Anyone know where you can get revive potions? Just lost a really hard battle at the last minute because I ran out of revives :(

jrcbandit

Thanks, I've been running around doing side missions so I guess I jumped ahead of where I'm supposed to be with some things.

You were using the wrong power. Keep playing the main quest.

I think I am about to start day 3
finished the U-store area
. Will I finally be able to catch cats?

Demain

Loving this game, think I’m pretty close to the end as I just beat
The woodland critters with Santa
. Had to take a deliberate break as I don’t want to finish it so soon!

Lifeline

Does anyone have info on the Towelie bonus content? Is the gold edition supposed to come with a code for it or is it part of the season pass code?

Also for those that played the game, is it worth getting?

jrcbandit

Does anyone have info on the Towelie bonus content? Is the gold edition supposed to come with a code for it or is it part of the season pass code?

Also for those that played the game, is it worth getting?

Towelie is basically a troll, offering obvious advice or advice immediately after you do something. Can be amusing at least, although I think he did give me useful advice once.

The OT of the new South Park game is only 15 pages... damn...

Anyway i've filled out my character sheet.

Race: Native American
Sex/Gender: Gynesexual Trigender Person
Alignment: Chaotic
Religion: Scientology
Power Source: Anal (everyone has this)
Kryptonite: Ninja
Economic Level: Low Class (i guess you can boost this?)

Skulldead

I've heard they got rid of any form of scaling ? Someone can confirm that ? If yes i'm really freaking buying it (like the first one but not that aspect at all, it was really a game breaker)

You go to the bank for that.

Floody

So should I play Stick of Truth first or But Whole?

If it doesn't matter I'll go with But Whole first, so I have an active OT to come back to.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question...

For those on PS4, are you required to sign in/up to UPlay in order to start and play the game? Thanks.

shaneo632

What's the best and weirdest stuff you guys have seen so far? I'm about 2/3 of the way through apparently and nothing has even come close to the nazi fetus/butthole stuff from the first game.

Anyone in North America bought a non pre order copy and did you get the stick of truth with it?
similar to how all the call of duty's come with the pre order map anyway

Pre-ordered the gold edition from EB Games AUS yesterday and I redeemed the Season Pass code that came with the game, but the Season Pass still says “purchase for $44.95” on the PSN. All that downloaded were the Stick of Truth costumes and items pack. Is this what’s meant to happen or did they print the wrong code?

Nevermind, it now show's as purchased on the PSN. Phew!

I am trying to phrase this without sounding completely fucked up...

BUT!

For "The Token Experience" achievement, do you need to actually be a Black character for it to unlock? I am a brown man from Pakistan so I wanted to be that...shade? But I also wanted that Mastermind difficulty achievement for my first and only play through.

#ridiculousstruggles

You were using the wrong power. Keep playing the main quest.

I think I am about to start day 3
finished the U-store area
. Will I finally be able to catch cats?

I'm at the same point and I'm already able to. You use the [
stop time power and then grab them while time is stopped
. Anyone know how far into the game this is? Trying to get a grasp of how much I have left.

I said screw waiting for Best Buy and their Nov 15th delivery bs.

I canceled that preorder and picked it up at the store tonight as others suggested.

Can't wait to finally jump in.

purbeast

Anyone in North America bought a non pre order copy and did you get the stick of truth with it?
similar to how all the call of duty's come with the pre order map anyway

I bought it yesterday from Amazon but it doesn't arrive until tomorrow. On their listing page it clearly says it includes SOT and shows it on the screenshot of the box.

I am trying to phrase this without sounding completely fucked up...

BUT!

For "The Token Experience" achievement, do you need to actually be a Black character for it to unlock? I am a brown man from Pakistan so I wanted to be that...shade? But I also wanted that Mastermind difficulty achievement for my first and only play through.

#ridiculousstruggles
Yes, you have to choose the blackest skin color for the trophy. You also have to change the combat difficulty to Mastermind after you started the game. Just being a Black character alone is not enough to unlock the trophy.

I bought it yesterday from Amazon but it doesn't arrive until tomorrow. On their listing page it clearly says it includes SOT and shows it on the screenshot of the box.
Bought a new copy got towelie and stick of truth codes never played the first game so gonna do that now ☺️

kirblar

Found out what the problem with Best Buy's preorders might have been: My copy arrived with the codes already used. Big crease on top of the paper. (Talking to CS now.)

edit: none in local stores for an exchange. They're going to try and ship out another copy.

Does any of this affect dialogue or gameplay at all? I assume at least the character would be weaker to Ninjas, but is there anything else?

I love that the Ubisoft Club bonus is only tree fiddy in-game currency.

I notice I've only been picking up very small amount of money from looting, like $0.14 at most. Is it really because I'm playing as a black character? Sure hope money isn't a big deal in the game.

Karak

I didn't think so. I have found multiple people just lying about it and saying it does. Normally I expect some lies or people just being misinformed. But it also looks like there is a bit of review bomb going on and microtransactions are one of the leading causes. Just saw a new review pop and they said it has microtransactions too.

Floody

I didn't think so. I have found multiple people just lying about it and saying it does. Normally I expect some lies or people just being misinformed. But it also looks like there is a bit of review bomb going on and microtransactions are one of the leading causes. Just saw a new review pop and they said it has microtransactions too.

I saw a Stick of Truth costume and item thingy on the PS Store, so maybe people are complaining about that? Not sure why that would cause any sort of outcry though.

Cronee

I love that the Ubisoft Club bonus is only tree fiddy in-game currency.

I notice I've only been picking up very small amount of money from looting, like $0.14 at most. Is it really because I'm playing as a black character? Sure hope money isn't a big deal in the game.

It all adds up quickly. In-game money isn't a problem if you search all of the containers, craft the highest level consumables you can, and then sell them.

Top Bottom