• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier: Yes, the Destiny 2 poster is real. Should be announced soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

eyes fucking widening...

wkU452W.jpg

WITH ARMS WIDE OPEN

Durante

E: So, you could argue that the biggest draw in Destiny is the RNG to get super rare stuff (e.g. Gjallarhorn). I can't imagine a game people would be working harder to crack and make that all meaningless than the PC version of Destiny
If you are a sane software engineer, then you store something like that, and perform all the calculations related to it, on the server rather than the client. Otherwise your console versions would also be vulnerable to e.g. man-in-the-middle attacks.

I had given up on vanilla Destiny after only a few hours, but got back in just before TTK, and I don't regret that decision. Put a ton of time into it, and had a blast, by and large. I am very much looking forward to what Destiny 2 has in store.

If you are a sane software engineer, then you store something like that, and perform all the calculations related to it, on the server rather than the client. Otherwise your console versions would also be vulnerable to e.g. man-in-the-middle attacks.

Yes, MMO developers have been able to do this just fine for decades, i'm not sure why it would be different in Destiny?

Didn't they say when they announced it that they wanted the gameplay to show for its self? Or something along those lines. Maybe I'm imagining things though.

Gator86

Really interested in what a Destiny sequel could be.

Will they get rid of the bosses that spam massive AOE stomps if you so much as get within 5 feet of them?

And actually make unique and interesting content outside the raids? Hahahaha no. You'll take your slow moving, giant bullet sponge boss with aoe stomp and splash damage mortar and like it.

I can't wait for the inevitable see that mountain?

You can't go there!

lol

D1 is my goat console game. 1500+ hours bring on the sequel.

Recall

I just hope Destiny 2 is great from the get go and not a game that becomes good once they start releasing patches and content updates.

The Taken King made Destiny great for me, so I just hope the greatness is there Day 1 this time.

Ahhhh, makes sense. I played boat loads on Xbone, but have no idea how it was handled there. Presumably, the former, as you've laid out. Otherwise i assume we would've seen that kind of "hacking" already at some point.

Just a hunch but if its coming to steam thats great.

Well, lets hope for all our sakes, you're wrong =P. But if the beta is really coming to PS4 first, that's presumably where the marketing partnership lies (therefore, not with MS), so that might lead one to believe there's no reason Activision would show any favrotism towards MS by putting it exclusively on the Win Store.

Blueblur1

Why is it early? Game is out in 6 months.

Well, lately the marketing cycle employed by most publishers is to slowly trickle out information. Start with a bare-bones announcement, followed by exclusive Game Informer cover, and then a larger preview event with coverage a couple months down the line. So I would be surprised if Bungie gave a lot of details today.

I wonder how much of the D1 engine will be reused

I believe it was said that it's been decently overhauled compared to what they had for D1, so that actually making/changing content isn't completely long and horrible anymore.

If not rumored, you would at least hope this is the case after all this time.

Toni

I just want to see the new revamped Destiny. Judging by that poster pic with the helm-less Guardians, they might be focusing on how your Guardian looks (customization) upfront.

The more I look at it, the more I'm loving how the new Guardians look. Its a fantastic revision with a touch of realistic.

Ha, interesting it's going to be revealed this early.
FWIW I enjoyed vanilla Destiny a lot up to before Taken King and tapping out.

Hoping Bungie can impress me as a lapsed player.

Any chance that it will have a single player campaign or is it only multiplayer again?

Are you thinking of Titanfall? The best part of Destiny is the multiplayer but there's a ton of content designed for a single player to complete (but will scale up in difficulty if you add friends).

If you are a sane software engineer, then you store something like that, and perform all the calculations related to it, on the server rather than the client.

Yes, MMO developers have been able to do this just fine for decades, i'm not sure why it would be different in Destiny?

It's all done server-side in Destiny— you can see this if your connection goes to shit as you decrypt engrams at the tower.

E: So, you could argue that the biggest draw in Destiny is the RNG to get super rare stuff (e.g. Gjallarhorn). I can't imagine a game people would be working harder to crack and make that all meaningless than the PC version of Destiny

ITT: people apparently never played any PC MMO ever.

FyreWulff

The Sneakiest

Whoa.

I'm in. Sooooooo in.

Destiny is client/server so you can't force the game to give you weapons, even on the 360 and PS3 nobody ever figured out how to get themselves Fate Of All Fools, etc.

If it's coming to PC (and I'm sure it is because Jason is the world's greatest Press Sneak Fuck) then I'll give it a shot. The first game really turned me off, but I hope they've learned enough lessons to make the second one much stronger.

Zane Farus

Neo Member
Oh man it being on PC makes me so happy. I really hope the launch is smoother than Destiny 1 though. All my friends and I quit shortly after launch when most people did.

Willing to give it another try though, was really fun co-oping with friends. I wonder if it will be crossplay between platforms to PC. I assume not.

molnizzle

Just please give em 60fps—at least on Pro/Scorpio.

I need 60fps in shooters and I want to use a controller without getting completely wrecked.

I haven't played Destiny but can't freaking wait for Destiny 2 :)
Same. I dabbled in the beta for Destiny and liked it but I could tell that it's one of those games that needs to be the one game you play and I think I was playing a lot of Diablo 3 at the time or something.

Anyway, this time I'm ready to dive in from the start.

Beegeous

Can't help but feel that they were hoping to release this next week after the AoT launch but the poster leak forced their hand.

E92 M3

At best, I can hope for some trailer with 20 seconds of voice over, a burning building and then the Destiny 2 logo.

PREORDER TODAY

klonere

Banned
Dope, if this was on PC I probably would have sunk a lot of time into it so I'll be watching Destiny 2 very carefully.

Just please give em 60fps—at least on Pro/Scorpio.

I need 60fps in shooters and I want to use a controller without getting completely wrecked.

They can't do that. There has to be fps parity between XB1/Scorpio and PS4/Pro. Otherwise they'll have to split the PVP up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom