• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

Games I'd love enhanced support for that aren't on the current list:

- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- Mass Effect: Andromeda
- Dying Light (this would be great at 60fps)
- ReCore

Kurt

So i don't care to much about having 4k at all.
I know that 60fps is a little important when it comes to gameplay,
But i'm looking more for a visual comparison between xbox 1 and xbox X to see how much better this console Is there any game already to compare with? I'm really curious to see this.

JoeLT

- Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ReCore
A patch for Mirrors Edge would be amazing, though it never received a Pro patch so seems unlikely. Really would have expected a Mass Effect patch at the announcement tbh.

A patch for Mirrors Edge would be amazing, though it never received a Pro patch so seems unlikely. Really would have expected a Mass Effect patch at the announcement tbh.
Yes, I realize that realistically it probably will never get one. Of those games on the list, I think only Deus Ex , ReCore, and MEA have a tangible chance. The others, not so much.

Hoping to see Titanfall 2 as well. Heard it looks pretty damn great on the Pro. How time consuming is it to make a update like this for games? I have no idea but I wonder what the chances are to actually see SO and Ryse being updated. It's something only the developer itself can do, right? It's not like they can put a developer of their own on it?

And with QB being an exclusive to Xbox and PC you'd think it's a given they would update that too and I still they do because this game in 720p is not doing it any justice at all.

- Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ReCore

There is a ReCore Definetive Ediion rumored for the end of the year so I bet it will include a Xbox One X patch. Also, the game already supports 4K and HDR on PC so, I would say chances are high

thelastword

Banned

- Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ReCore
EA is the worst when it comes to enhanced patches....Mirrors Edge, Dragons Age.I should have received pro patches a long time ago...Still surprised that Dying Light did not receive one though....

As for the others I think they will enhance those, Andromeda is recent so they will enhance it, Deus Ex and Recore is a no brainer tbh.

JoeLT

Yes, I realize that realistically it probably will never get one. Of those games on the list, I think only Deus Ex , ReCore, and MEA have a tangible chance. The others, not so much.
Out of all of them though Mirrors Edge definitely needs it the most though, could really benefit from an IQ boost and higher res textures/shadows.

There is a ReCore Definetive Ediion rumored for the end of the year so I bet it will include a Xbox One X patch. Also, the game already supports 4K and HDR on PC so, I would say chances are high
I've heard of that one. Hopefully it launches this year.

EA is the worst when it comes to enhanced patches....Mirrors Edge, Dragons Age.I should have received pro patches a long time ago...Still surprised that Dying Light did not receive one though....

As for the others I think they will enhance those, Andromeda is recent so they will enhance it, Deus Ex and Recore is a no brainer tbh.
Yeah, I don't expect Dragon Age or Mirror's Edge to receive patches, but MEA just came out so it has a better chance.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death

Tbf Dragon Age released a full 2 years before the Pro was released.

jbug617

Banned
Shadow of War will be native 4k/30fps. No HDR support
http://wccftech.com/monolith-shadow-of-war-native-4k-xb1x/

From the design director

Yeah, it’s a crazy powerful box, it will be the prettiest possible version of the game [Editor’s note: among consoles]. We have some devkits which also load a lot faster, while in development it’s extra nice to load a giant world in a matter of seconds so we can iterate faster. But it will also have faster loading times for players, I think that one of the big things in this console generation is that we got a lot more memory, but in a lot of games I played loading times got longer rather than shorter.

It’s nice to see them push on this side of the technology.

Metzhara

And there it is. I thought so.

There aren't going to be many big budget AAA developers focusing on 60fps. It's all about pretty 4K visuals.

Not very surprising. Xbox (I'd assume Sony does too) sends their surveys to those who opt in and generally show major hours in their ecosystem. I think in many ways this is where the disparity between the "average consumer" and the "average Xbox user" comes into play.
It seems 4K is more important than FPS for the average Xbox user. I'm curious if anyone will use variable resolution to give better FPS going forward (not 4K native but perhaps higher than 1080). Shrug.

So I was playing Halo 5 again yesterday in Firefight and it made me wonder what kind of improvements can we expect?

Will it just be bumped up to 4K and they call it a day? That would be a shame because ugly stuff like aliasing which this game definitely suffers from, worse in certain MP maps than others. What I'm hoping for is better AA and overall improved graphical fidelity because I'm sorry but at times the game really isn't pretty. That one Firefight map on a beach, good lord it looks bad with aliasing on foliage and just low res textures.

At times the game can look fantastic with lovely lighting but for all the pretty stuff comes some ugly stuff in return. Hoping they give Halo 5 the Gears 4 treatment and then some.

So I was playing Halo 5 again yesterday in Firefight and it made me wonder what kind of improvements can we expect?

Will it just be bumped up to 4K and they call it a day? That would be a shame because ugly stuff like aliasing which this game definitely suffers from, worse in certain MP maps than others. What I'm hoping for is better AA and overall improved graphical fidelity because I'm sorry but at times the game really isn't pretty. That one Firefight map on a beach, good lord it looks bad with aliasing on foliage and just low res textures.

At times the game can look fantastic with lovely lighting but for all the pretty stuff comes some ugly stuff in return. Hoping they give Halo 5 the Gears 4 treatment and then some.
Halo 5 already runs at a steady 60fps and IMO looks quite pretty. If it gets enhanced, I think it's only going to be a resolution bump, much like Halo 3 and 4 in MCC.

JoeLT

Halo 5 already runs at a steady 60fps and IMO looks quite pretty. If it gets enhanced, I think it's only going to be a resolution bump, much like Halo 3 and 4 in MCC.
If it gets enhanced it will be a resolution bump, as well as 60fps LOD animations and the higher res textures, shadows and AF from the PC version (Halo 5 Forge)

R aka Bon

I agree it kind of depends on the map. Apex really looks rough due to the foliage, where as the sanghelios warzone Map looks much better. Summit looks nice as well. I think a higher resolution would go a long way in improving image quality, and also hope they can improve the hideous looking ground textures. But I guess that's seen in most console games.

FZW

A few games to add to the list

Battlerite
Brawlout
Dark and Light
The Darwin Project
Dunk Lords
Fable Fortune
Ghost Recon Wildlands
Killing Floor 2
Life is Strange Before The Storm
Minion Masters: Forced to Duel
Observer
Ooblets
Osiris: New Dawn
Project Cars 2
ReCore
Riverbond
Robocraft Infinity
Shift
Strange Brigade
Surviving Mars
Tacoma
Unruly Heroes

MCD

Really hate that relationship between MS and Crytek and Insomniac turned a bit...how should I say this? Sour? Shit?

I know they are old games but they need 4K like yesterday. Fffffffffff

FZW

Really hate that relationship between MS and Crytek and Insomniac turned a bit...how should I say this? Sour? Shit?

relationship with insomniac and MS went sour? When did that happen?

and crytek can barely keep a good relationship with their own employees much less MS.

gamz

Do you have a link? Pretty sure MS is still tight with Insomniac. I have no idea about Crytek?

EmiPrime

The relationship between MS and Insomniac hasn't gone sour, reading between the lines MS had first refusal on a potential Sunset Overdrive 2 but weren't interested and now Insomniac are doing Spider-Man for Sony. Understandable given SSO's sales.

El_Chino

A few games to add to the list

Battlerite
Brawlout
Dark and Light
The Darwin Project
Dunk Lords
Fable Fortune
Ghost Recon Wildlands
Killing Floor 2
Life is Strange Before The Storm
Minion Masters: Forced to Duel
Observer
Ooblets
Osiris: New Dawn
Project Cars 2
ReCore
Riverbond
Robocraft Infinity
Shift
Strange Brigade
Surviving Mars
Tacoma
Unruly Heroes
Killing floor 2?

Was trying to clear my xbox backlog then saw 6 of the games on my backlog are getting x1x support! Awesome. Will stay in my backlog till whenever I can spend the cash.

Now just RE4, The Witness, Alien Isolation, and ReCore. Then I have about 20 ps4 games x.x

Edit: just saw recore on the updated list! Lol

Top Bottom