• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ZombiU Dev Diary

Penguin

I've never seen it

Shows some new locations.. at least to me.

Their approach to story-telling is intriguing. Curious to see if it ultimately works out.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I still don't think it looks that special graphically but that was an interesting dev diary and I'm more interesting in the game after watching it then I was before.

There seems to be a rich and detailed back story which is welcoming.

Thanks for posting.

Wow. Can someone .gif 1:17-1:20? It looks almost real. First time I've really been impressed with this game.

a44jec.gif

Quite some variety in the localities. Still not a looker but solid enough, now I just need to know whether it'll be cut in Germany. Any news on that?

JDSN

Banned
Im having my doubts about that hexagonal glare, unless the character has a visor on I dont get it.

Please dont turn into this game's black and white dead filter.

What brings that bit to life is how alive the buildings feel. This doesn't feel like a bullshit marketing diary which is nice; so far the environments look great and the atmosphere seems pretty rich.

The story sounds great, am guessing your sent on 'missions' as oppose to some sprawling character lead story? Since the 'survivor' stuff is in the game, I hope that it feels like your treated as a distinct survivor each time than randoms, but obviously that might be difficult.

Donnie

Looks great to me, no idea how anyone can say it doesn't. Anyway wish there was a better quality video, even the 720p version has lots of compression artefacts.

Axiology

Looks good.

Refreshing to finally have an idea of the game's story. Probably not gonna be scripture, but it seems to have thought put into it.

It was a little alarming, actually, how many posts there were a couple of weeks ago about this game being just an open world with nothing to do but kill zombies. I was sitting there like "Where's the PROOF" <_<

What brings that bit to life is how alive the buildings feel. This doesn't feel like a bullshit marketing diary which is nice; so far the environments look great and the atmosphere seems pretty rich.

The story sounds great, am guessing your sent on 'missions' as oppose to some sprawling character lead story? Since the 'survivor' stuff is in the game, I hope that it feels like your treated as a distinct survivor each time than randoms, but obviously that might be difficult.

I agree with you on the atmosphere and buildings. Far too often Zombie games just give this set piece vibe that doesn't fully lend itself to the atmosphere of the game. I've shamelessly pre-ordered the game even though the WiiU will be for my girlfriend.

jmizzal

I still don't think it looks that special graphically but that was an interesting dev diary and I'm more interesting in the game after watching it then I was before.

There seems to be a rich and detailed back story which is welcoming.

Thanks for posting.

I dont get what you mean by dont look that special graphically? Do you mean not better then current PS3/360 games? Or just look like a Wii port in HD?

To mean it looks as good as COD Black Ops 2 and Halo 4, and that is great for a launch game. The lighting is amazing and the graphics look better with every new video.

This really looks like my kind of game, and I enjoyed what I played at Gamescom. But holy the graphics have seen a huge improvement over that version I played there.

I dont get what you mean by dont look that special graphically? Do you mean not better then current PS3/360 games? Or just look like a Wii port in HD?

To mean it looks as good as COD Black Ops 2 and Halo 4, and that is great for a launch game. The lighting is amazing and the graphics look better with every new video.

Nope

I think this is actually one of the few games i've seen that almost likes like playable concept art, even if it's not necessarily graphically impressive. They just nailed the lighting and grim look of London.

One of my most anticipated games this year for sure... might even be GOTY if they can live up to all the promises.

the problem is ( as anyone on eurogamer expo can check) is the game doesnt look that good when u are playing

unless these are from a new build its sounds the usual ubisoft bullshots tactics..yes they do that even with videos ( i still remember the first videos of ghost recon on 360) they use in game assets who look similar to the final product but apply better lighting,animation,etc etc just for a good looking video

if the game does look that good when it launches i dont have any problem to accept im wrong,but excuse me if i dont belive anything from these guys.

BD1

Banned
Looks cool. I love the premise of perma death survival, and you can tell the teams are really into weaving a cool story into that mechanic.

Can't wait to play. I am rooting hard for this game.

F#A#Oo

Banned
I think the flat lighting and textures makes the game not look as good as it could/should. From a gameplay point out view it has some interesting mechanics though and if it mixes it up well enough it should be entertaining.

Opinion. People have said it looks great in person, while others has said it looks okay.

there are more opinions than "okay" or "great" underwhelmed is the most used

seriously if the game looks like this last video im very impressed and will ignite my desire to buy the wiiuzombe pack again.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I think the flat lighting and textures makes the game not look as good as it could/should. From a gameplay point out view it has some interesting mechanics though and if it mixes it up well enough it should be entertaining.
The lighting is not flat, it's just predominantly diffuse. As it should be in that shot.

King_Moc

Banned
the problem is ( as anyone on eurogamer expo can check) is the game doesnt look that good when u are playing

unless these are from a new build its sounds the usual ubisoft bullshots tactics..yes they do that even with videos ( i still remember the first videos of ghost recon on 360) they use in game assets who look similar to the final product but apply better lighting,animation,etc etc just for a good looking video

if the game does look that good when it launches i dont have any problem to accept im wrong,but excuse me if i dont belive anything from these guys.

And your point is? I think most people are excited about the similarities to Dark Souls and DayZ. And Dark Souls can hardly be accused of having amazing graphics.

Donnie

You've very likely answered your own question there.

The builds taken to events like that are almost always months older than the latest available at the time, they like to make sure those builds are tried and tested well before the event.

ZombiU-3.jpg

ZombiU-4.jpg

ZombiU-5.jpg

ZombiU-7.jpg

ZombiU-6.jpg

ZombiU-2.jpg

There were multiple points in the video where I wasn't sure if I was looking at real footage of London, or concept art, or in-game footage.

I have a feeling Ubi may have done a little editing to the in-game stuff, but if it looks this good when I play it, I'll be happy.

Looks really great, though I have zombie fatigue. It's got me considering the system though; Ubisoft is really pushing the boundaries with these new IPs like Watch_Dogs, ZombiU, etc.

Anteo

So now I went from, "will get as soon as I get a WiiU" to "Day-1".
But I dont want to spend all my money =/ I want a 3dsXL too! Ubisoft!!! *shakes fist*

F#A#Oo

Banned
The lighting is not flat, it's just predominantly diffuse. As it should be in that shot.

Hmm ok...but it doesn't look good imho.

I get they're trying to get the dark and dingy feel but I don't think the game benefits from the way it's being done.

Top Bottom