• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the Most Time You've Spent with a Single Player Game?

Gotta be Minecraft. Probably at least 5000 hours.

Are you sure? 5000 is an insanely high number. That's roughly the amount of time that an average adult spends sleeping in two years. You'd have to have spent a few hours playing it every day since it launched in October 2011.

Baalzebup

Well, for one, I've player Total Warhammer for 467 hours (thanks Steam) and I haven't played a minute of anything even resembling multiplayer. I'll admit that is likely to contain something like 30 hours of AFK, but it is still a rather big number.

woopWOOP

I don't know how much I spent playing Pokemon Blue back in the day, but it feels like an eternity.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for GBA I had two savefiles, one of 200 hours and one of 100 hours, so that's probably a pretty good contender.

Oh right, Civilization IV has a 1048 hour counter on my Steam page. Pretty sure I accidentally left that on overnight and overday a couple times, but that's still easily about 600+ hours of actual playtime. Never spent much time with the later Civ games, instead I just played different IV mods.

_Rob_

I daren't guess how many hours I've put into GTA Vice City over the years. Thanks to it being re-released on pretty much everything it's been my go-to "relax" game for years.

For sure I've spent hundreds of hours just driving and listening to the radio, hundreds more doing stunts on bikes, flying and boating around. Not to mention even more into other freeroaming pursuits and several 100% run-throughs over the years.

Vice City is still the epitome of GTA games in my book (and that includes GTA V which I loved). I know the map better than any real world location (which is also true for III's Liberty City too.).

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
witcher 3. i've done two playthroughs so roughly 250 hours. first time was without DLC and that took about 110 hours. second playthrough with both DLC was about 140 hours.

second would probably be GTA V at about 150-175 hours. Can't tell exactly. After that it'd be Skyrim/Fallout 4 which are both roughly at about 80 hours each.

it might not seem a lot to some people but for me that's a lot of time.

croten

8xMJlju.png

Keep in mind I had Dragons Dogma, Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim on console as well

Fuck I don't even like Skyrim

Arttemis

600+ hours in DMC3 combining the original, SE, and HD versions. Each game's save file capped at 99 hours, but I easily doubled that on the original, quadrupled it on the SE version, and put dozens of hours in the HD port. This game was the reason I bought a hardware-backwards compatible PS3 after my software-BC PS3 was stolen.

I'd love to see the HD version ported over to this generation.

Maybe Mario 64? It's the oldest game I still have that was bought at the time of it's release. Even after my older brother's other games and consoles were lost/sold/stolen, his original Mario 64 cartridge is still with me. I feel like I've been playing it non-stop for 20+ years.

Isurus

Easily, it's Skyrim. Not only did I play a crap ton on 360, but I got sucked back into it on my Xbone and played even more hours there.

After that, probably Oblivion. Damn you, Bethesda; damn you.

mrmickfran

Definitely more than 200 hours on Bayonetta.

My first file hit the 99:59:99 mark on PS3. Then I played it again on another account (I actually got the platinum twice lol)

Then I played it on Wii U for another 50 hours.

lawtowler

In a single playthrough, probably Skyrim or Witcher 3. Both around 150 hours.

Spanning across multiple playthroughs, Shenmue and Final Fantasy X. Have easily spent around 200 hours playing both of these.

Still, nothing compares to the time I've put in to Destiny, which is 1511 hours.

Monocle

450+ hours in The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind: Game of the Year Edition. And I'd gladly put in a couple hundred more if my old save were still viable.

Second place is probably Halo:CE or Bayonetta. Probably 200+ hours each, and I still play them semi-regularly.

I dread to think how many hundreds (thousands?) of hours I've plowed into the Souls games.

Just 99.9% completed DQ8 this weekend and I think I had about 112 hours on the clock. Did everything except the Cameron's Codex fairy photos. Complete bestiary, all mini medals etc. I miss it already, DQ7 doesn't scratch the itch :(

Apathy

I got hundreds of hours in civ 5. Yeah it had a multiplayer option but I never touched it. On fft, just because it's so old, I have thousands of hours on that.

I don't think it would be anything recent. I've put a lot of time into recent titles but I just don't have the time to spend hundreds of hours on one game, especially if it's SP. So probably something from my youth when I didn't have money (so less games), but I did have time. Do sports games count? Because it'd probably be NFL 2K5. I didn't play it online, but I put a few hundred hours into the franchise mode.

Outside of that...probably Vice City or San Andreas.

NewGame

Banned
According to ingame clocks I've spent thousands of hours with Animal Crossing. That could be related to idling rather than actual playing.

ogbg

I put in about 150 hours in Dark Souls 3 but that was several playthroughs and probably 70 of those hours were PvP duels. Purely single player, single playthrough probably BotW for me at over 100 hours

Djostikk

I think it's Fallout New Vegas with over 500 hours, GTA V is also close with 450 hours and I played Online only few times.

Chastten

Banned
Pokémon Red, Pokémon Silver, Super Mario 64, Pokémon Stadium, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Pokémon Y, Final Fantasy XIII, Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles are just some of the games I've put more than a 100 hours in. The total list is probably far longer.

I'm pushing 400 hours in Project Diva F 2nd and I remember somehow hitting the timer cap in Sonic Heroes of all games back when that came out. I know I've also spent a disgusting amount of time on Persona 3 and Bayonetta across their different versions.

arigato

Skyrim and Tales of Vesperia/Symphonia all clock in around 250 hours. I may have more hours in Age of Mythology and Rome Total War (maybe Medieval 2 Total War), but I have no way to tell for sure.
My first playthrough of Vesperia took almost fifty hours, feeling like I should revisit the game again for another playthrough. And to answer OP's question I must have more than 100 hours played for the original Dead Rising.

CHC

I have 385 hours on The Witcher III, though I'd wager it's really more like 250 when you factor in idle time, plus the billions of resets I had to do to test this mod that I worked on.

Dark Souls, though not strictly single player, I probably have similar time in. But it's hard to say since my time was split between the original launch on PS3 and the PC version.

GTA III, Deus Ex, Final Fantasy VII and Morrowind are also probably in that neighborhood, but alas, that's before the era of activity logs.

Sillverrr

I think it's gotta be Baldur's Gate 2. The amount of time I spent modding that game... only to make an epic experience even LONGER! Shoutout to the Pocket Plane website - thank you for enhancing my journey throughout the Sword Coast.

Some of the available mods are brilliant, I must say. The Kelsey NPC is someone I always take on my journey. His integration is seemless, which speaks to the high quality of the mod, given the standards of the game it has to live up to.

Kill3r7

450+ hours in The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind: Game of the Year Edition. And I'd gladly put in a couple hundred more if my old save were still viable.

Second place is probably Halo:CE or Bayonetta. Probably 200+ hours each, and I still play them semi-regularly.

You put 200+ hours in Halo CE SP that is damn impressive. I have a few hundred hours but most of it is Co-Op or MP.

Jmille99

If counting replays, its probably one of the older RPGs like Final Fantasy, Pokemon or Chrono Trigger.

But one play through? Maybe Persona 4 Golden? I think it was around the 95 hour mark.

Though Stardew Valley will probably be that game once I get back to it

Melchiah

Final Fantasy X: +270 hours on the first and only playthrough.

Bloodborne: 245 hours for three main game playthroughs, two DLC runs, and going through all the chalices.
eK5DcVT.jpg

Dragon Age: Inquisition with all three DLCs:
MkoK7I5l.jpg

Horizon Zero Dawn seems to be another contender for a three-digit figure, since I'm still roaming the first area after playing the game for nearly three weeks.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
800-1,000 hours with Sonic Adventure 2.

That goddamn Chao World...

Philia

Ip1zw.jpg
I really like Fishing Resort.

I play a lot of other games too. Like... I've platinumed Metal Gear Solid: Phantom Pain. There are slew of rpgs that can take over a hundred of hours and I would not care at all of the time sink.

The only time when a time sink bothers me if when the game is just NOT fun ultimately and you just find yourself wasting your time afterall. This happens sparingly, I try to use my best judgment on a game early on to avoid this from happening.

Onivulk

Banned
Got about 370ish hours in borderlands 2. A lot of it was multiplayer though.

So I'll say skyrim with 332. I've still never done the main quest.

Unfortunately I can't see the numbers here but I'd bet the x360 version of oblivion has about 400 hours.

And it doesn't count really but I have about 4.3k hours in WoW. I wanted to mention it because it's both pathetic and feels kinda like a SP game most of the time.

200 hrs in Bloodborne across prabably like 7 playthroughs

Several hundred in all Bethesda Rpgs (fallout 3, new vegas, 4 and skyrim

Breath of the wild (60 hrs in and am not even close to being done)

Witcher 3- prabably the longest single player game I've ever played.

gypsygib

Witcher 3

80 plus hours on PS4. Built a gaming PC, bought it on sale and played another 80 plus hours. Still have both expansions to get too.

karnage10

Banned
I think my max was around 600h on a football manager but i might not be remembering it right.
On steam it is FM14 with 490 and total warhammer with 436h

Roni

Gold Member
Around 500 hours in The Phantom Pain, on PC only. If I count both Ground Zeroes & The Phantom Pain on all consoles I've played them (PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC) then it's well above 650 hours. Maybe even pushing 800 hours in those mechanics alone.

I've spent over 200 in The Witcher 3, including DLC. Did multiple playthroughs to see the story changing.

I've probably spent at least that much in Minecraft as well. I don't have an actual time on it, as I've played it on multiple platforms for extended periods of time. If I had to guess I'd say probably closer to 500 on it.

Bloodborne I stopped at 160 hours, but could always go back and probably will.

Those are 3 off of the top of my head. If I would go back in time to when I was younger, I'm sure there are some that are in the hundreds of hours as well.

Monocle

You put 200+ hours in Halo CE SP that is damn impressive. I have a few hundred hours but most of it is Co-Op or MP.
To be fair, maybe half or one third of that time was local co-op. But it was almost all the campaign. I doubt I've spent more than 15 hours in Halo:CE multiplayer. I'm not really interested in competitive games.

Top Bottom