• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile Beta Thread: There Is No Sanctuary in Wraeclast

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My passive tree isn't updated yet :( Could anyone link me directly?

edit: Or maybe I do have the updated one? What happened to the CI-tumors?

pyrandes

Oh man. Cant wait to get home from work in 5ish hrs to play.

I was tracing some builds last night and Im still undecided how I want to go (either duelist or shadow Im thinking, Ill do a Templar and a summoner Witch later on). All the general builds Im thinking of seem interesting, but unsure of how theyll be in practice.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
can i earn that microtrans stuff if i play a lot? if not, fail.
No, you can't.

For the new page:

Store update:

iYva4JJSXx2NX.png

iDasgSPq1DTwX.png

ihIJA9posC2kZ.png

ibfsCTUahXqcnm.png

ibrGhnW0XHKBgz.png

i1LmgEHoNhKqQ.png

jersoc

oh god finally can play this again. stopped in october when it was first going to go open beta.

probably going to get some weapon effects to start with since i bought a silver pack in beta.

edit:aw man website is slow. but those images above look great. stuff is cheaper than i thought too.

JWong

Banned
Wtf, yeah, I've been seeing the updated passive tree all this time then :/ I thought they added three passives that you basically had to grab for CI? CI is even worse now, straight up.

That was the nerf in the patch notes.

They didn't explicitly say it, but they said they added more energy shield nodes which are mainly the ones by the CI keystone.

Edit: Wait, where are those energy shield nodes? WTF

Volodja

Wtf, yeah, I've been seeing the updated passive tree all this time then :/ I thought they added three passives that you basically had to grab for CI? CI is even worse now, straight up.
They removed the cluster of passives linked to CI yesterday, but maybe that's not what you were talking about because that was when CI wasn't giving Chaos Immunity anymore, I think.

Yoshichan

It's going at a decent speed, nice!

I'm gonna go on a buying-spree and buy most of this shit right away!
Alternate Skill Effects prices are fair but i only see 5 witch spells :x
Gotta buff the witch-class somehow, right?!

Tesseract

Banned
oh the effects and stuff are cosmetic? my bad. crisis averted.

though i still think i should be able to play ridiculous hours to unlock stuff.

mnannola

Yup this free to play model looks freaking great. Someone that spends 500 bucks on the game day 1 has all the same gameplay options as someone that doesn't spend anything. Only difference is the amount of stuff they can stash, and cosmetics.

I just hope the developers can convince the average player to buy the cosmetic stuff.

harSon

Banned
Yup this free to play model looks freaking great. Someone that spends 500 bucks on the game day 1 has all the same gameplay options as someone that doesn't spend anything. Only difference is the amount of stuff they can stash, and cosmetics.

I just hope the developers can convince the average player to buy the cosmetic stuff.

Personally, I wouldn't spend a dime on cosmetic stuff, but judging from games like Dota 2, you'd be surprised how many people are willing to drop bank for such stuff. If the game has a decent sized player base then they'll be fine.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Yes, everything is cosmetic aside from additional character and stash space. Prices for the pets is still hilarious though.

Yoshichan

Fuck yeah, just went through each one of my builds and there's no passive tree change for me :D No need to re-think anything~

it's not really perfect unless players have the option to buy shit or play to unlock it. that is the only acceptable model.

:lol what? It's all cosmetic stuff. Sure if they did something like that it would be a perk, but there is no way they should get knocked for keeping things buy only when they are just cosmetic. You don't need cosmetic shit to enjoy the game that they are giving away for free.

Yoshichan

Trying to buy the Inferal Basilisk Pet, but it's not working :( I guess they disabled the purchase-servers?

You do (skills, passives, maps, etc.), just not the cosmetic stuff. Everything related to the gameplay is free. The only stuff they're selling is stuff that'll make you feel better (pets, hair, labeling your OCD stash tabs, etc.).

Yoshichan

So outside of just being a follower, do pets have any other purpose besides essentially bragging rights to having premium content?
Nope.

Trying to buy the Inferal Basilisk Pet, but it's not working :( I guess they disabled the purchase-servers?

I think based on the beta forum post, the only thing online until 4:00 pm EST is the website and the patch server. Everything else is going through the DELETE * FROM _____ operation at the moment.

Just think, if you were able to buy something right now, it'd be deleted since they specifically listed only two things that would survive the wipe (characters and that one item).

Tesseract

Banned
You do (skills, passives, maps, etc.), just not the cosmetic stuff. Everything related to the gameplay is free. The only stuff they're selling is stuff that'll make you feel better (pets, hair, labeling your OCD stash tabs, etc.).

i meant cosmetic stuff. oh well i'll deal.

Yoshichan

I was looking at the "Custom Content" picture and it made me think... currently, the only thing available is the "Make a Legendary"-thingy, but in the picture we see monsters and maps (?)... hmm...
I think based on the beta forum post, the only thing online until 4:00 pm EST is the website and the patch server. Everything else is going through the DELETE * FROM _____ operation at the moment.

Just think, if you were able to buy something right now, it'd be deleted since they specifically listed only two things that would survive the wipe (characters and that one item).
Thanks!

Perkel

Banned
I was looking at the "Custom Content" picture and it made me think... currently, the only thing available is the "Make a Legendary"-thingy, but in the picture we see monsters and maps (?)... hmm...

Thanks!

Yes they said that monster and even more things can be bought later. Actually i think it is awesome for some people who do a lot of art.

Top Bottom