• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

l4d3? (Source 2 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK9039

CBOAT + GABEN = BOMBA

You mean: CGOATBEN

152695.gif

Grief.exe

Surely respawn would have known about this right?

Nevermind that though, could anyone familiar with the process of moving a game to a newer engine tell me how feasible this is?

Respawn began working on Source while Source 2 was still in very early and active development. It would have been an impossibility to use that branch of engine during Titanfall's development.

And they changed so much of the original Source engine for Titanfall that porting to Source 2 is another impossibility at this stage.

abunai

Been straining to read the text on slide 20 on the left.

Powerful GUI front end for content authoring, can be easily <something> with <stuff>; Browser for quickly finding, managing modifying assets; Simple, automatic compiling of content.

I just want to know if they still use BSP based maps with this engine. Brush based level design is fucking woeful. 'Automatic compiling of content' suggests they have moved on from hammer's current pipeline.
If this is real, in the first place.

kick51

Banned
hopefully microsoft will get console rights for l4d3 and hl3 for xbox one. would be a major blow to sony.

Wow, SOMEONE didn't watch Gabe's speech at the Sony presentation at E3

Let me remind you. He said "Valve looks forward to working with Sony in the future"

you think he'd just get on a stage and lie? For what? Money? No amount of money can replace the goodwill he built up with that statement.

Let me remind you. He said "Valve looks forward to working with Sony in the future"

you think he'd just get on a stage and lie? For what? Money? No amount of money can replace the goodwill he built up with that statement.

Are people still not familiar with chinner? lol

feel

Looking great!! Bring it Valve! <3

Also it's nice to actually care about a cboat leak for once.

edit-

Someone boot L4D2 and take a picture of that finale house at the exact same angle.

Chinner

Banned

just an empty gesture. valve is primary a distributor now and not a content maker, no doubt they just bought out another indie game and got someone to redo the graphics. you know, like valve does with every other game.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
half life 3 and l4d make more sense on xbox tbh. the gamers are a little more educated and would appreciate it more.
No! You are wrong! After the way team 4tress was treated on 360 there is no way gaben would allow this; also news flash, playstation allow steam connection, obviously sony fans are way ahead of the curve so if you think microsoft will never get its grubby hands on exclusive rights to any source content think again. Wake up and smell the Sony.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

I can't believe you fell for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom