• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radeon RX Vega thread

PFD

Reviews round-up table:

https://videocardz.com/71915/amd-radeon-rx-vega-64-vega-56-review-roundup

Review embargo deadline:
t1502719200z1.png

August 7th update

Release (and NDA-lift) date is August 14th!

Introducing Radeon™ RX Vega (hype video)

AMD Capsaicin presentation at Siggraph 2017 - YouTube feat. Lisa Su, Raja Koduri, Tim Sweeny, and others

Specs table courtesy of Videocardz

7XAKu3V.png

Early AMD-supplied numbers

WW9VITt.png

Vega Nano teaser!

July 4th update
First Vega Frontier Edition reviews:

May 30th update
Computex summary: Frontier Edition out June 27th, RX Vega gaming edition out July 30th

Join the webcast of the AMD COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2017 Press Conference on Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT.

The one-hour event will feature:
  • Appearances by AMD technology partners,
  • Updates on current and upcoming AMD products by AMD President and CEO Dr. Lisa Su and Senior Vice President and General Manager, Computing and Graphics Business Group, Jim Anderson,
  • And never-before-seen AMD hardware demonstrations

t1496196000z1.png

Youtube livestream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK9z6NO1qyU

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/amd

Webcast: https://t.co/4mMtylBazW

Supposedly they will show Threadripper too

XyOjPT9.png

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
If you're looking for something to beat a 1080ti, I think you'll be disappointed.

Yet even if AMD puts out something with great performance/price, there'll still be a predictable group of Nvidia fans who are "disappointed" despite not being able to afford the highest end cards, that conveniently forget about the power/thermal arguments they were making like a month ago.

Thraktor

Likely to be more focussed on Threadripper than Vega, but hopefully we get some good details on the latter. I'm hoping for a well-priced cut-down model that sits between the 1070 and 1080 in performance, but I'd be kind of surprised if they cover anything other than the flagship today.

li bur

I'll be happy if they came out with cheaper card on the level of gtx 1070 so they can get competitive in the market, but I'm keeping expectations in check. Doesn't plan to fall for the AMD hype like Ryzen again.

aka_bueno

I just want a consumer level 4k gaming GPU from AMD to go with my 4k Freesync monitor.

My GTX1060 needs an upgrade now asap

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I'll be happy if they came out with cheaper card on the level of gtx 1070 so they can get competitive in the market, but I'm keeping expectations in check. Doesn't plan to fall for the AMD hype like Ryzen again.

Ryzen is incredible for the vast majority of users who aren't gamers with >60fps monitors and >500 to spend on a graphics card.

Firenze1

Banned
Raja comes out on stage and says it is called vega and now we can eat spicy ice cream. Please wait for another time for more info.

scoobs

So Vega is positioned to compete with the 1070/1080/1080ti right? I'm veeeery interested to see some benchs

So Vega is positioned to compete with the 1070/1080/1080ti right? I'm veeeery interested to see some benchs
The leaks are all over the place, some underclocked showings, some actual 1500Mhz clocked benches. What it looks like currently is between a 1080 and Ti, closer to 1080, with better 4K performance.

If they can get it in between, but with better 4K rendering I would call it a huge win. I think some people have high expectations that they're going to challenge Nvidia's status quo, but that seems unrealistic.

Fularu

Banned
If you're looking for something to beat a 1080ti, I think you'll be disappointed.

Yet even if AMD puts out something with great performance/price, there'll still be a predictable group of Nvidia fans who are "disappointed" despite not being able to afford the highest end cards, that conveniently forget about the power/thermal arguments they were making like a month ago.
And will bring up drivers despite nvidia having produced two years of dogshit ones lately

I'm excited to see what kind of power is behind Vega and the price of each card.

But even if the new cards don't end up being my cup of tea, hopefully they'll help drop the prices of other cards on the market.

My hope is for a $300 1070 competitor. My dream is a $450 card that falls between a 1080 and 1080ti. My 7970 has been great for 4 years, but it's time.

ViciousDS

Banned
just grabbed a Zen CPU for my ITX build......bring it on

don't fuck up the non reference cards!@!!!!!

my ITX build allows a full sized card on the side so its not a big deal XD

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Curious to see how these turn out. Not expecting a massive counter to nVidia's top end but something that will have a good price/performance ratio.

As ever, wait for independent benchmarks. Manufacturer provided benchmarks are usually not worth the ink they're printed on.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I refuse to get excited until I see reviews.

Just picked up a 1080 ti but I would LOVE for something positive to come out of this. I had an overall positive experience with the 390 and fury. An all amd build in the future would be a cool option to have again.

Top Bottom