• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '18 PS4 Online League: Reunion Tour (without all original bandmates)

Feedback after 3rd week of play? I'm planning on dialing back the pass coverage and reaction slightly. Much better than last week but still needs a little work. Feel like running is just about right but a very small reduction in run block might be best

Just leave it alone. Run game is fine, I couldn't run for shit last game and I completely shut him down.. I think the pass coverage is something we'll get used to.

Rbk_3

Feedback after 3rd week of play? I'm planning on dialing back the pass coverage and reaction slightly. Much better than last week but still needs a little work. Feel like running is just about right but a very small reduction in run block might be best

A few too many fumbles too, I think. At least in our game. Passing game, can't speak on it cause I would suck on rookie lol. Run game felt pretty good.

Possible to make kicking a little easier?

DJ Bowser

Definitely dialing back the pass coverage is necessary. I don't know by how much, but the reaction and pursuit towards the ball of defenders is absurd right now. Too many picks by defenders peeling instantaneously off their WR and moving towards the ball as it is being thrown. In my game with Somnia, the defense was responsible for 28 of the game's 48 points.

I don't have much comment on the running game. I think it was a lot better this week than last, but maybe a slight dial back of the blocking would be fine.

A few too many fumbles too, I think. At least in our game. Passing game, can't speak on it cause I would suck on rookie lol. Run game felt pretty good.

Possible to make kicking a little easier?

Not possible on kicking. Try not to go full strength and it's easier to manage

Definitely dialing back the pass coverage is necessary. I don't know by how much, but the reaction and pursuit towards the ball of defenders is absurd right now. Too many picks by defenders peeling instantaneously off their WR and moving towards the ball as it is being thrown. In my game with Somnia, the defense was responsible for 28 of the game's 48 points.

I don't have much comment on the running game. I think it was a lot better this week than last, but maybe a slight dial back of the blocking would be fine.

Well part of it is OP pass coverage, but there are bad passes/reads that probably account for a lot of it. You have to know when to take a sack vs. forcing it. But I agree zone D especially is abnormally good. The trouble is in cover 2 zone, that window between cb and fs is so miniscule it's pointless to try it. If you have a rb and the flat and wr trying to clear out the cb, watch CB reaction. As soon as you let it go he knows who it's going to. How if the ball BARELY left your fingertip and he already knows where it's going?

DJ Bowser

Not possible on kicking. Try not to go full strength and it's easier to manage

Well part of it is OP pass coverage, but there are bad passes/reads that probably account for a lot of it. You have to know when to take a sack vs. forcing it. But I agree zone D especially is abnormally good. The trouble is in cover 2 zone, that window between cb and fs is so miniscule it's pointless to try it. If you have a rb and the flat and wr trying to clear out the cb, watch CB reaction. As soon as you let it go he knows who it's going to. How if the ball BARELY left your fingertip and he already knows where it's going?
That's what I'm saying! As soon as you press the button to throw, the defenders move to the ball. Even if their back is to the QB, they move to the ball immediately. I throw very aggressively and admit to quite a few stupid throws... but the risk/reward of trying to put the ball between zones feels like all risk right now.

It's tough to adjust to because even throws that should be there rheoretically get jumped because of the reaction time.

Birdman02

I'd prefer to keep as it is, at least for another week or 2...or even to go back to how it was last week. It's nice to be able to actually play a zone defense. I know I threw a lot of picks against DM, but they were all due to either bad reads or me trying to force something as I was imploding in the 2nd half.

My run game has been terrible, but that probably has more to do with my piss-poor offensive line.

McNei1y

Running seemed pretty good this past week. Passing also seemed a bit better. I managed to pick off another high amount of interceptions so I wonder if that should be toned down? Regardless, I noticed passing in this game whether it's All-Pro or All-Madden has been increasingly tough. You are deservedly punished for your bad decision making. It's helped me realize to stop forcing throws (for now).

DCX

DCX
Running seems good. I have been fortunate to break some large gainers on over pursuit.

I have played very conservative in passing so I can't comment too much on how it feels taking chances. Most of my passing is high percentage.

Defense seems like it reacts a bit too well in pass coverage and run defense feels pretty good.

DCX

I can't run the ball worth a shit but that's nothing new for me.

As for passing...I think I'm fine with it.

Agree with Bird...I think we should use a larger sample size.

Bluemax was crying about QB scrambling being OP. But he is a whiner so I have no idea if that's a real thing.

Pretty sure he and I combined for fewer than 150 yards passing so uh yeah, maybe dial it back a bit.

Fuck kicking forever.

Somnia

I guess the Pats/Texans game is a Sim, Sanjuro is impossible to get a hold of.

I just want to point out he was asking for you in Discord yesterday when you were talking to us about playing 2K and I even told you Sanjuro was looking for you.

Just to be fair on both sides.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I guess the Pats/Texans game is a Sim, Sanjuro is impossible to get a hold of.

He's been asking for you constantly since the start of the advance. Last night when you were looking for him was really the one time I saw him not around.

Somnia

RBK we play after the advance, I'm not able to play tonight though. I'll be free tomorrow night and Thursday night though.

NorCal is fucking insane. My brother just bought a house in Hercules that's completely overgrown with vines and weeds. 45 trash bags later he goes to find out when bulk pickup is. You get two fucking bulk pickups a year that you schedule, a bulk pickup consists of up to 15 bags, $10 a bag after that. How the fuck do these loons landscape?

Sanj Smokes is happening now

I slept awhile during the day

get a job you bum
rage.gif

Top Bottom