• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Fallen92

Hey ForzaGaf I just recently started playing the game since I upgraded my PC and it's been fun. I don't really play a lot of racing Sims mostly just arcade racers but this game feels like a happy medium. That being said this game still has a lot of Sim racing options and it has been something of a learning curve. I would appreciate some tips in order to get better and I was wondering what would be the best way to get used to manual driving? I don't have a racing wheel just a 360 controller but I am considering buying one for this game. Either way I'm having lots of fun with the game, can't wait to purchase that hotwheels dlc once I've completed more of the game.

rrs

Turned another odd car into a drift machine, a hatchback civic R from the 90's
DHOZ990W0AA0brt.jpg:orig

DHOaAY4WsAEYd6w.jpg:orig
Hey ForzaGaf I just recently started playing the game since I upgraded my PC and it's been fun. I don't really play a lot of racing Sims mostly just arcade racers but this game feels like a happy medium. That being said this game still has a lot of Sim racing options and it has been something of a learning curve. I would appreciate some tips in order to get better and I was wondering what would be the best way to get used to manual driving? I don't have a racing wheel just a 360 controller but I am considering buying one for this game. Either way I'm having lots of fun with the game, can't wait to purchase that hotwheels dlc once I've completed more of the game.
I don't usually drive manual in race sims, but like the best practice would be to just cruise around and get used to what gear you need to be in at what speed, and at what sound cue/rpm to shift up on (and not at redline, you'll want to do it at peak horsepower)

Fallen92

I don't usually drive manual in race sims, but like the best practice would be to just cruise around and get used to what gear you need to be in at what speed, and at what sound cue/rpm to shift up on (and not at redline, you'll want to do it at peak horsepower)
Alright I'll give that a try, it's definitely something I need to get used too just like the drifting. Ridge racer has spoiled me.

zorbsie

Was collecting the Hoogigan cars when I found out there is a limit to how many cars you can have in your garage. lol
Also found out there is no way to "sell" cars back. The only option is to remove from garage. If I want money for the cars I have to go through the auction house. I hope they change this for the next Forza game.

Fox Mulder

Was collecting the Hoogigan cars when I found out there is a limit to how many cars you can have in your garage. lol

Also found out there is no way to "sell" cars back. The only option is to remove from garage. If I want money for the cars I have to go through the auction house. I hope they change this for the next Forza game.

There's limits for liveries and tunes too.

How many though?

xrnzaaas

This also was an issue in Forza 6 & Horizon 2, but it was harder to reach the limits in those games (I'm talking about the car limit, the livery limit offers even less space). Microsoft is at fault here for limiting maximum storage space in the cloud and not allowing to store save data on the hard drive in case something like this happens.

xrnzaaas

550 cars. FH3 actually has a smaller limit than Forza 6.

Forza 6's car limit was worse imo - 600 cars so only about 100 over the number of cars from day 1. With Horizon 3 you get a "bigger garage" considering you had 410 cars on day 1, but still with all the DLC's, expansions, giveaways and Forzathons it was bound to cause problems as well.

Castaway

Forza 6's car limit was worse imo - 600 cars so only about 100 over the number of cars from day 1. With Horizon 3 you get a "bigger garage" considering you had 410 cars on day 1, but still with all the DLC's, expansions, giveaways and Forzathons it was bound to cause problems as well.

After the Hoonigan car pack's release, if you own one version of every single unique drivable car in FH3, you'd have 520 cars, which is 30 less than the 550 garage limit:
-356 "on disc" unique cars
--33 Horizon Edition cars also "on disc"
--30 #Forzathon reward cars and barn finds
--73 car pack cars (10 Motorsport All-Stars + 42 Car Pass + 7 Porsche + 7 Mt Dew + 7 Hoonigan)
--18 Expansion cars (8 Blizzard + 10 Hot Wheels)
---5 VIP cars
---4 5x5 code / promo cars (Warthog, Final Fantasy Regalia, Duracell Spania GTA, Tamo Racemo)
---1 pre-order car (the most any one person should have)

16 traffic vehicles don't count because you can't own them unless you're playing a version of the game you shouldn’t be playing. Even if you could own all 16 traffic cars and all six preorder cars, you’d be at 541, still less than the 550 cap.

It's always good practice to do some garage cleaning prior to new DLC or Forzathon challenges to make sure you've got enough space to store additional or duplicate cars.

Montresor

Are the new achievements simple/easy or grindy?

I'm buying the new car pack even though I never bought a car pack for Forza Horizon 3 before.

KRaZyAmmo

Are the new achievements simple/easy or grindy?

I'm buying the new car pack even though I never bought a car pack for Forza Horizon 3 before.

the only one that will give you trouble is the Land Sea and Air achievement with the Loki. The Goldmine and Shipwreck jump aren't bad. But that airport jump is almost like that Forzathon jump with the G63 AMG

zorbsie

the only one that will give you trouble is the Land Sea and Air achievement with the Loki. The Goldmine and Shipwreck jump aren't bad. But that airport jump is almost like that Forzathon jump with the G63 AMG

Yup. It's really giving me trouble. Got within 15 feet of the goal. Will try again tonight.

KRaZyAmmo

Yup. It's really giving me trouble. Got within 15 feet of the goal. Will try again tonight.
I got it today. I had to use someone's tune on it. I think i was getting around 143-146 mph before the jump. I also had traction and stability control on when i did it. I didn't even get past 550. I got exactly 550.xx ft and it still counted.

Echoplx

I just got a long ad for and a prompt to pre-order Forza 7 after I exited a festival.

What kind of shit is MS trying to pull here.

AsianOni

They put some ads for FM6 in FH2 too IIRC. It's kind of shameless (especially if we have already pre-ordered the game..) but at least we can skip it.

Montresor

When I saw the ad/trailer start playing I immediately got hyped, thinking: "Cool! They're playing a cutscene for the Hoonigan pack / DLC / achievements!"

Then I noticed the Burj Khalifa tower in the distance and realized this was the Forza 7 trailer from E3.

I would prefer if Microsoft didn't do that. Namely because I have ZERO interest in corridor racing games. I've never played a Forza Motorsport game and I don't think I will. I'm in on Forza Horizon because I love open world games.

Overall it was inoffensive. I skipped the trailer and the pre-order screen and just moved on. *shrug*

zorbsie

I got it today. I had to use someone's tune on it. I think i was getting around 143-146 mph before the jump. I also had traction and stability control on when i did it. I didn't even get past 550. I got exactly 550.xx ft and it still counted.

Had the exact same thing happen to me! lol Finished up all the other achievements for the pack last night. Really enjoyed these additions to the game. Shout out to Montresor, who was in free roam and let me hop over and do a quick infection event with him.

LoveCake

I have not played since the last #Forzathon and going back in this evening the Lola I won sold for a million :D

Getting the Hoonigan pack now.

It won't let me buy it :mad:

It just says "Try that again"
something happened our end. waiting a bit might help.

LoveCake

I had a right game getting the Hoonigan pack, trying to get the game to update ugh.

I have put my Nakai-san Stella Artois design on the new RWB if anyone is interested ( I have a long way to legendry status :( )

hqh5lk6.jpg

Fox Mulder

I just got a long ad for and a prompt to pre-order Forza 7 after I exited a festival.

What kind of shit is MS trying to pull here.

It's a one time ad for relevant content. I would be pissed if it was for Halo or something.

It is pretty shitty how they handled this pack though. I already preordered fm7 digitally through Amazon, and had to buy the hoonigan pack. They've never heard of the preorder promo.

Fox Mulder

It is annoying though, I kept getting Hot Wheels and Blizzard Mountain ads before I bought them.

I don't want ad videos in my games, but I've only ever seen one for blizzard mountain, hot wheels, and now Forza 7. I can deal with that.

They do have blizzard mountain and hot wheels loading screens that always appear too.

LoveCake

It is annoying though, I kept getting Hot Wheels and Blizzard Mountain ads before I bought them.

I never had these adverts, I have the UE VIP version and I did get the DLC the day it was released, but I never had the issue of updating the game then seeing a advert before I was able to actually install the DLC.

I found this Hoonigan DLC update issue and the subsequent Forza 7 advert in the game to be very cynical and cheap, I expect better from Turn 10, Playground and Microsoft/Xbox.

xrnzaaas

A one time ad of the expansion or a game from the same franchise isn't that bad imo. If I recall correctly Ubisoft was more aggressive with their Wild Run ads in The Crew (I haven't experienced them myself, because I already bought the Wild Run Edition).

LoveCake

I had a right game getting the Hoonigan pack, trying to get the game to update ugh.

I have put my Nakai-san Stella Artois design on the new RWB if anyone is interested ( I have a long way to legendry status :( )

hqh5lk6.jpg

Went in to do the #Forzathon and people have been downloading, using and liking my Nakai-san Stella Artois :D one person that used it actually clicked the [like] button! whoever you are thank you!

What I want to know is where I the John Cooper HE car and also where is the Mercedes/Brabus 6x6 if there was a game where this made sense then Forza Horizon 3 is that game.

zorbsie

Whoever said all you have to do is go into a coop game and drive through a speed zone and it will count as a coop event was wrong. Did it a bunch this morning and got nothing for it. Will be around if anyone wants to do a quick coop session with VIP cars.

Castaway

Whoever said all you have to do is go into a coop game and drive through a speed zone and it will count as a coop event was wrong. Did it a bunch this morning and got nothing for it. Will be around if anyone wants to do a quick coop session with VIP cars.

Yep, that's how other co-op #forzathons have been in the past, but this one you have to complete a race event.

Friend and I got both cars at the same time in a quick co-op campaign street race event where one of us came in first, which makes us both "win a race" (for the 914) and "complete an event" (for the 928) at the same time.

Top Bottom