• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadyK54

For anyone who's curious, it's a 9 minute loop of a 3 second clip with Ben Moore laughing during the Sony E3 2016 pre-show. Not really sure why anyone would waste time making this.

Because his laugh is funny & maybe they thought it'd be a fun, dumb video to make?

Prediction that I feel will likely come true whatever thatgamecompany next thing is we'll learn at e3. It's not that long ago they teased something with artwork. Question is if they'll appear at Sony despite being multiplat.

Ooh, that's a good prediction. Crazy that Journey was their last game & it's been 5 years since then.

Auctopus

Trying to remain lighthearted about the video, but it still feels...weird I guess? Just part of being on the internet I suppose.

I think it comes from a place of love. It's iB0show too who's been around since the GT days so I imagine if he had a problem with your laugh, he'd have been long gone.

That sounded more comforting in my head.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to remain lighthearted about the video, but it still feels...weird I guess? Just part of being on the internet I suppose.

If it takes some of the weirdness off it was pretty infectious and I basically just laughed along for a bit for no real reason at least for the little bit I watched. #good vibes

Ooh, that's a good prediction. Crazy that Journey was their last game & it's been 5 years since then.
https://twitter.com/thatgamecompany?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
It really has been. Part of what's cool is you just don't know what to expect. Really only thing we know it's likely going to be pretty unique.

Budi

It just means you've made it Ben! Think about those Jeff Goldblum laugh videos. You are among the legends now, as you should be!

Hasney

Yup, at least the video is made in endearing way considering the source. It is part of the thing about being on the internet though. You've mentioned Giant Bomb before, so you know Drew Scanlon became a meme.

msl6h99.gif

Hey, if the video goes viral, at least you'd be interviewed by Buzzfeed and The Guardian!

it's been backordered for a couple of days, otherwise I think it would be in the teens right now. it was going up all week

Seems they were a little too optimistic with the ultra street fighter 2 bets. Currently at #30 on the best sellers list and continuing to drop :/

I actually checked it on Thursday and it was at #5 then. Capcom didn't ship enough clearly.

Hasney

Violent Ken is the best new character the video gaming world has seen in decades

He's not new. SNK created him for SNK Vs. Capcom Chaos.

Wonder if there's any explanation for him, because he was infected by the Orochi stuff like Iori from King of Fighters, so unless SVC Chaos is canon, it doesn't make sense dammit!

WarRock

He's not new. SNK created him for SNK Vs. Capcom Chaos.

Wonder if there's any explanation for him, because he was infected by the Orochi stuff like Iori from King of Fighters, so unless SVC Chaos is canon, it doesn't make sense dammit!
He is brainwashed by Bison.

Mista Koo

Good advice when you're famous/internet famous is to never see "fan work." Some stuff out there would be pretty disturbing (even if they come from a place of love).

Booooo. They should have called him something else then. Like Psycho Ken
This a SFII game with a mode where SFIV Ryu battles SFIV Bison's SFV goons in a SFV stage.

Bahorel

There was even some GT fan fiction...

And it barely works to cap it off!

I found the Easy Allies fanfiction last night and I cannot believe some of the stuff I saw lol. A lot of it is locked down (stuff you can't see unless you have an account of AO3, which I happen to have) because the authors don't want it to be public, but I never knew there was a demand for some of the pairings I saw.

Starting to get overwhelmed in Persona 5.... work on confidant relationships, raise social stats, work to earn money.... so hard to decide what to do.

What's the best way to up my guts? I keep getting blocked off from doing stuff because my guts aren't good enough.

Ultimadrago

3-Hour Frametrap. Mmm. Also, I love that Ben's trying a 3-person panel for more intimacy and cleaner flow.

Hell of an idea and I'm looking forward to digging into it!

ShadyK54

luchadork

Cup of Jones is so good. Really makes me feel a part of the community. Also good to get some insight into how much stuff they've been up to behind the scenes.

Ultimadrago

Cup of Jones is so good. Really makes me feel a part of the community. Also good to get some insight into how much stuff they've been up to behind the scenes.

Agreed. Also good to hear that Brand Manager will be living up to his name during E3!

All of the mingling.

Looking at stream viewer numbers, I get disappointed. These guys deserve so much more than just 350 viewers.
Since it's not their main revenue stream I like that it's a thousand or less for their streams. Under 1000 and chat can still be fun and civil on twitch. Your comments are likely to be noticed more and you get better interaction with the allies.

It's quite a dark and foreboding FT. The cloth is black, all 3 panelists are wearing darks and the black TARDIS behind them is like an abyss stealing all the colour.
Can they get a lighter table cloth...or something, i don't know what it is.

..Only the Goddess offers light in these dark times.

Visceir

It's quite a dark and foreboding FT. The cloth is black, all 3 panelists are wearing darks and the black TARDIS behind them is like an abyss stealing all the colour.
Can they get a lighter table cloth...or something, i don't know what it is.

..Only the Goddess offers light in these dark times.

Time to get a greenscreen and have the allies be doing FT on the beach...or antarctica among the penguins!~

luchadork

Looking at stream viewer numbers, I get disappointed. These guys deserve so much more than just 350 viewers.

i'd say those numbers are pretty high considering the games they stream normally.

most of the big channels stream consistently every day for multiple hours. and they stream games that are in high demand. eza does neither of those tbh. and i think thats ok. theres a good little community over there at twitch and i'm sure they are happy with that.

luchadork

Agreed. Also good to hear that Brand Manager will be living up to his name during E3!

All of the mingling.

was good to hear him list out all the shows they are now doing. really put in perspective how far they have come in just a year.

- frame trap
- eza podcast
- cup of jones
- huber syndrome
- reaction shots
- ezanime
- easy update
- tabletop adventures
- friend code
- zelda talk

plus all the weekly twitch streams
- dumb game monday
- bosman v wozniak
- ben's xenogear streams
- brandon's final fantasy streams
- 'toybox tuesdays'
- brad's kingdom hearts/darksouls streams
- damiani's ff14/ff troll streams
- blood's pact
- the tuesday group stream

so much juicy content

Karu

Ben Moore, Certified Meme

*insert butchered Dark Knight-quote of living long enough to become a meme yourself*

Glad it is Frame Trap-week. Have to hand in my master thesis tomorrow (FINALLY!), didn't have enough stuff keeping me from work, already, so coolcoolcool! :D

mr_chun

was good to hear him list out all the shows they are now doing. really put in perspective how far they have come in just a year.

- eza podcast
- huber syndrome
- bosman v wozniak

Those three are must-watch for me. I catch other streams when I can and am coming around to Friend Code.

Great Frametrap this week. I'm not sure if it's because ben went to a 3 person group or not but it had good discussions, in depth game discussions that go beyond the surface bullet points of the game, and an interesting Hotake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom