• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo patents what I believe could be Wii Music U

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
In the case it's in the Digital Event, I hope it doesn't take too much time. IIRC, Wii Party U didn't take too much time from the overall presentation, and, so far, all news and the E3 trailer from Nintendo seemed to be more "core" focused, so I believe it wouldn't take too much time, in the case.

About the game? Eh, I hope it's not the big project Miyamoto is working on. It's true it's been said it was a new IP, but still...I hope it's not this.

Hiltz

I hope this isn't true. Nintendo needs to stop resorting to the same IPs that have so far failed to bring back the non-gamer audience to Wii U. This is probably one of those titles Iwata was referring to when he said we need to make more projects to be shown at E3 that make use of the GamePad. :(

javac

Yes. Now I can blow into my Gamepad while stroking my Wii remote in order to create some sweet sweet music...in fucking HD. NFC instruments inbound.

Jammmm time

tumblr_inline_mifjmoUN6e1rrpsd7.gif

B.O.O.M

oh hell yes! Please be at E3!

damn it now I really gonna miss a live conference from them if this turns out to be one of the revealed games this year...just imagine re-living the magic of wii music live demonstration!

edit: I mean imagine the gif potential

WiiMusic.gif

Sendou

No way. Not going to believe this. All casual games have bombed on Wii U and they would bring back the worst seller of them all? Companies patent stuff. That's what they do. Doesn't mean it will happen.

I'll bet that miyamoto is working on this.....

How much?

AdanVC

UGHH

Miyamoto instead of accepting that Wii Music is it's worst creation and move on, he literally is taking revenge and now is gonna give us Wii Music U. Let's just FREAKING HOPE this is not Miyamoto's new project because this will just confirm that Nintendo really doesn't care what the customer wants and they just do what Miyamoto wants... or something like that, probably I'm just exaggerating but still.

Sandfox

UGHH

Miyamoto instead of accepting that Wii Music is it's worst creation and move on, literally he is taking revenge and now is gonna give us Wii Music U. Let's just FREAKING HOPE this is not Miyamoto's new project because this will just confirm that Nintendo really doesn't care what the customer wants and they just do what Miyamoto wants... or something like that, probably I'm just exaggerating but still.

Isn't Miyamoto's project supposed to be a new ip?

Taker666

If it was a music studio where you could create your own tracks (and even have some crazy tomodachi life vocoder vocal stuff) then I'd be interested.

Wii Music U..nope. The first Wii Music, didn't do anything for me ....

...not to mention my tv adds enough lag that it's impossible to get the sound on the gamepad and tv to sync up perfectly no matter what I do..so it would sound awful if it required the gamepad to play music in time with the tv.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Guys... it's a fucking patent. It could mean absolutely nothing!

sony-patent-interactive-advertising.jpg

Remember that?

Of course, my words will get lost in the loads of angry complaining and kneejerk reactions...

insin

Neo Member
YYYEEEESSSS, been waiting for this ever since they hinted at a sequel.

This will be epic if they integrate it with Miiverse and Youtube uploading. The original just used online to share with friends, and could have done with some competitions and DLC to add more tracks to keep it fresh.

Forums on which people both played it and got that it was a composition/performance game which tests your creativity rather than your beat-matching skills had nice Wii Music community topics (including GAF), which really could have done with something like Miiverse behind it.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Thinking about it again, sources about how Miyamoto is developing a new IP? Just to be sure he wouldn't be so involved in this.

BY2K

Membero Americo

Remember that?

Of course, my words will get lost in the loads of angry complaining and kneejerk reactions...

Excuse me if I get angry at a potential for a sequel to a game that, by itself, killed my hype for anything Nintendo in 2008. It made me buy a Xbox 360. (Mostly because of Tales of Vesperia...)

MilesTeg

Banned
Looks like you would be looking at the Gamepad screen for gameplay, at least in single player.

Add a lot of depth to the game, and have a mostly Nintendo soundtrack, and it could be good. Nintendo has so much orchestrated music, they should put it all in there. That alone would be awesome.

Camjo-Z

Not gonna lie, I'm one of the few that spent $50 on Wii Music and enjoyed it. I'd love to see a sequel that allowed for infinite song possibilities by letting you create your own note patterns for each instrument.

javac

This is how the Digital Event is going to go down. The screen fades in. Iwata is sitting in the centre, alone. Suddenly he starts taping his foot as the beat kicks in. A spotlight appears, shining onto the Regginator himself. Wait! What's that in his hand? It's a Wii remote! He's tapping the Remote in the air like he just doesn't care! Miyamoto walks in with the gamepad to the left as Shibata walks in from the right with two mics in hand. He passes the other mic to the stoic Iwata as his raises his head to the camera. "This is the one you've been waiting for". The two Satoru's sing a duet thus concluding the Digital Event.

Derphoof

I would not surprised if "Wii Music U" was one of their several "Gamepad-Centric" games in the lineup for E3.

However, it's just a patent and we all know that tons of those go unused. Even if it is in the works, it could be a lot better than we expect it to be.

JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS - THE THREAD

Indeed it is.

wsippel

Banned
If a patent by Nintendo is published and doesn't match an already released product, it's usually something they've prototyped but don't plan to ever use.

AdanVC

Isn't Miyamoto's project supposed to be a new ip?

Remember that?

True, true... Let's not jump to conclusions because yeah, patents like this are filled all the time and like, 98% of them never become a thing. Maybe Wii Music U could work perfectly as an eShop exclusive title and sell instrument activities/mini games individually just like Wii Sports Club for example.

Refugio

Well those are SPD devs so I kinda doubt this has to do with wii music as that was an EAD game.

Honestly I haven't played it but i would have assumed this was for Game and Wario(both Hosokawa and Abe were directors for it.) Guessing it was for one of the minigames or something? Maybe someone who played that or just knows about the stuff in that game can correct me.

That'd be amazing if this was Wii music though. I don't think Abe has ever worked on a non Wario game. I'm probably forgetting something but it just seems like that all he's ever worked on.

Kodaman

This could end up being really interesting...
or a total mess

Anyway, I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

The Boat

I've been hoping for a new Wii music. The original, despite its flaws was a really fun "game" of you understood it, something basically no one did.

Recording just one instrument, sending it to a friend who would record another and send it to someone else and so on was really cool. Laying down the drums with the balance board was great.

With motion plus, the gamepad, balance board, DLC support, better samples and expanding a lot on the options and whatnot, especially when it comes to music creation could result in great music software.

Salih

I've been hoping for a new Wii music. The original, despite its flaws was a really fun "game" of you understood it, something basically no one did.

Recording just one instrument, sending it to a friend who would record another and send it to someone else and so on was really cool. Laying down the drums with the balance board was great.

With motion plus, the gamepad, balance board, DLC support, better samples and expanding a lot on the options and whatnot, especially when it comes to music creation could result in great music software.

2vwAJHh.gif

Top Bottom