• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLEACH Brave Souls |OT| (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot)

Stider

Opinion time GAF. Started this last Thursday/Friday and rolled a 5* Kenpachi. As of yesterday I have done 6/7 10x draws and have had no other 5*. Have started a new game and 1st draw was 5* Aizen, should I keep this new game or go back to the old one?

chrono01

Opinion time GAF. Started this last Thursday/Friday and rolled a 5* Kenpachi. As of yesterday I have done 6/7 10x draws and have had no other 5*. Have started a new game and 1st draw was 5* Aizen, should I keep this new game or go back to the old one?
Definitely restart with that Aizen account. He's a top-tier character and you'd have a whole new set of in-game orbs to possibly roll a second [or third] 5* beyond him. Kenpachi, while still a 5*, isn't amazing, and having spent all of your orbs in addition makes that Aizen account even more tempting.

The game is still early, so there's plenty of time to catch back up, and Aizen will definitely help you more in PVP than Kenpachi.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Def. Aizen + the potential of getting better rolls down the line. As chrono said the game is a couple days old so catching up to tour old account shouldn't take too long.

linkent

Completed the last stage of hard, didnt expect it to drop 4characters 2x2 2x3*.
Really need to farm that but that last boss is really hard, need more qck/blue friend for him.

Any of you guys gotten any powder accessories? Did a few lvl 60 coop, but havent seen them dropping yet.
Is it lvl 100 only?

@Stider, gratz on Aizen! Kenpachi is not really good, and it is even worse that you have depleted your free gems on that account without another 5*

chrono01

Yeah, Aizen is great. Of course, I don't have Grimmjow, Byakuya, etc. to compare him to, but he's always served me well. In PVP, set your strategy to Special and, unless your opponent has theirs set to Special to, enjoy your win. It works around 90% of the time, but sometimes the opponents melee swings will accidentally hit the item box before I get a chance to.

Also, is there a better way to get yen? I'm only getting around 2,500 per Very Hard run [daily], which really isn't that much considering how much it costs to ascend. :/

Milr

Level 60 co-op is giving around 3.1k coins per round. Coins are ridiculous to get in this game; they're a given in most other games. Clever way of implementing another orb sink though.

chrono01

Level 60 co-op is giving around 3.1k coins per round. Coins are ridiculous to get in this game; they're a given in most other games. Clever way of implementing another orb sink though.
Yeah, the struggle is real. :(

Honestly, if I could ascend my Aizen for five orbs per ascension, I probably would. It doesn't help that 3* fodder is so rare.

linkent

Yeah, the struggle is real. :(

Honestly, if I could ascend my Aizen for five orbs per ascension, I probably would. It doesn't help that 3* fodder is so rare.
Game is still young, the later event will have common 3* with rare 4* drops.
Try to focus on reaching 205atk and farm Toshiro in PVP, definitely should focus on the highest pvp tier as it gives the highest medals.

Milr

Didn't realize global got all the gacha cards JP has (aside from the rehashed seasonal cards). No powercreep to worry about for a while, such a different feeling from Dokkan.

Looks like JP is getting Nel next month. So much want.

Try to focus on reaching 205atk and farm Toshiro in PVP, definitely should focus on the highest pvp tier as it gives the highest medals.
Sadly for me, it's impossible to beat Hitsugaya right now, seeing as 2/5 of my team are Red (Vizard Ichigo, Hiyori) and last member is just Renji. Maybe I can pull it off once I level up my Orihime.
Didn't realize global got all the gacha cards JP has (aside from the rehashed seasonal cards). No powercreep to worry about for a while, such a different feeling from Dokkan.

So is our summon pool the same as theirs but our available content / events lagged behind?

cw_sasuke

I think i might need to join that reddit Line group for some coop action.

Sadly for me, it's impossible to beat Hitsugaya right now, seeing as 2/5 of my team are Red (Vizard Ichigo, Hiyori) and last member is just Renji. Maybe I can pull it off once I level up my Orihime.
I can beat him without issues when i lead with 4* Lisa /Tech - Type advantage and attack range is more import than just higher stats in PvP. Lisa kills him anytime, any green unit should be at least able to stall him off until the other unit double down on him.

From my experience you can tackle most unit with 4* as long as you have a type advantage - exceptions are the Top Tiers at higher levels. Grimmjow destroyed me even on m iPad with Retsu lol.

Yeah its always nice when you can take a wait and see approach for a while xD
I think all of us here wont have to worry too much about future content with 5* starting pulls.

Edit:

Maxxed Ichigo, now im complete broke - worth it though. Guess those Exp Crystals werent useless after all.

quickmemo_2016-01-23-5ysgq.png

Milr

So is our summon pool the same as theirs but our available content / events lagged behind?
Yep. We're just missing the summer, Halloween and Christmas seasonal gachas, but you wouldn't expect they'd release those in global out of season. Hopefully that means it won't take Nel long to be released in global.

Edit:

Maxxed Ichigo, now im complete broke - worth it though. Guess those Exp Crystals werent useless after all.
Wow, well done. I've been selling off my exp crystals too, the coin grind is real.

linkent

Nice!! Wonder if i should do the same, there is nothing i cant do now, so i will save my crystal for future 5*(if i got 1 ;'( )

So anyone setup chat or line group for this? We can arrange some high lvl coop :p

cw_sasuke

Wow, well done. I've been selling off my exp crystals too, the coin grind is real.
Those final skilltree updates also tend to be quite expensive. Just wanted to finish at least my main unit right now, my next 5* will take more time...well or less maybe the next event drop Byakuya units.
Nice!! Wonder if i should do the same, there is nothing i cant do now, so i will save my crystal for future 5*(if i got 1 ;'( )

So anyone setup chat or line group for this? We can arrange some high lvl coop :p
Yeah max lvl isnt needed at all, it would have been smart to level him via regular play but i just wanted my main unit to be done. Also since i wont be pulling Gacha anytime soon by the time i get my next new 5* i probably will have saved up some cash/crystals again.

PS. You should setup a line chat group and add me - line id is my username :)

cw_sasuke

I will join a LINE Group focused on co-op from GAF if it's made. The problem is that for some reason my phone closes the app every once in a while.

Cool - linkent just setup a group. The app closing shouldnt be too much of an issue, once we setup the stages we wanna play/characters and the room No.

Havent had much time for coop so far but its the only resource for better Items i think.

cw_sasuke

Just finished the first GAF Coop session - it worked out better than expected.

Grimmjaw/Byakuya actives are perfect for Bossstages during coop play. Def. more fun that running around on Random matches with 3* Ichigos xD

Does anyone have a list of all the coop bosses ? Just went in blind this time but for the future it will be better to be prepared - might leave out special crystals for the unit with the type advantage instead of picking them up myself.

linkent

Just finished the first GAF Coop session - it worked out better than expected.

Grimmjaw/Byakuya actives are perfect for Bossstages during coop play. Def. more fun that running around on Random matches with 3* Ichigos xD

Does anyone have a list of all the coop bosses ? Just went in blind this time but for the future it will be better to be prepared - might leave out special crystals for the unit with the type advantage instead of picking them up myself.

GG with the coop.

for enemy type, in the coop room, click on the "enemies" tab. it will show the types.
also the first coop stage has different stage depending on the day.
weekend are for coins while weekdays swap around all the types.

Milr

Yeah, gg with the co op; much more fun to play with people you know. I don't think the enemies list shows the bosses, but yeah, the weekday co op missions are much more predictable.

cw_sasuke

Is Zangetsu in as a recruitable unit? He's in the album but havent seem him pop up in any friend list/co-op

In Japan he was obtainable via Medals from the PvP/Ranking section - we will probably get him down the line as well.
GG with the coop.

for enemy type, in the coop room, click on the "enemies" tab. it will show the types.
also the first coop stage has different stage depending on the day.
weekend are for coins while weekdays swap around all the types.

Talking more about the Bosses and how many of them show up. I think the 40 recomm. lvl stage we did earlier had 3 Captains as Bosses including Yamamoto - interesting to see what the tougher stages throw at you.

Milr

Finally got annoyed with coins enough to start farming Kisuke for his link skill.. should help a bit.

Edit: finally joined the +4 club :)

I also got Orihime 3* on one of the later chapters on Normal mode - i thought 3* were Hard exclusive ? Guess not or those Chapters are the exception.
Out of curiosity, do you remember which chapter it was? The JP wiki doesn't list Orihime as a drop past chapter 12, and those early chapters are impossible to get drops on.

RalchAC

Dowloaded the game on my Nexus 7 (2012), where it doesn't crash. Next time I should be able to do co-op quests without problems. They were fun, even if the bosses couldn't stand GAF overpowered 5* units!

My name is Ralch@GAF. I'm going to look for the names of the people who posts here and send friends invites. My 5* is a level 35 Shinji.

And 3 questions.

- I have over 250 gems. Should I wait for a rate up?. I'm too scared I will get crap if I pull now.
- I got the EXP cristals quest. It's a daily that lasts 2 hours and you can get some special stuff for leveling your characters. Is it worth to run it if I have a lot of content left? I just did every difficulty once for the gems. But I haven't hit a wall in the story / events yet, so it doesn't feel especially usefull.
- Should I clear everything on Normal before starting Hard mode?

Edit: @cw_sasuke The game says 3* only drop on Hard (it's what told me after clearing the first story arc). But maybe later story stages allow it too?

cw_sasuke

Finally got annoyed with coins enough to start farming Kisuke for his link skill.. should help a bit.

Edit: finally joined the +4 club :)

Out of curiosity, do you remember which chapter it was? The JP wiki doesn't list Orihime as a drop past chapter 12, and those early chapters are impossible to get drops on.

Nice - max lvl Grimmjow incoming :-D

Sorry i dont remember the stage anymore - i was just brainless farming on my Tablet when it got the drop. I know that it was Normal and one of the stages on Chapter 4. I looked it up as well and she wasnt listed...which is weird.
And 3 questions.

- I have over 250 gems. Should I wait for a rate up?. I'm too scared I will get crap if I pull now.
- I got the EXP cristals quest. It's a daily that lasts 2 hours and you can get some special stuff for leveling your characters. Is it worth to run it if I have a lot of content left? I just did every difficulty once for the gems. But I haven't hit a wall in the story / events yet, so it doesn't feel especially usefull.
- Should I clear everything on Normal before starting Hard mode?

Edit: @cw_sasuke The game says 3* only drop on Hard (it's what told me after clearing the first story arc). But maybe later story stages allow it too?

Good, this should improve the performance during coop for you.

At this point i would wait a bit the Honeymoon/launch period is ending so i would assume that we will be getting rate up events for specific units soon. Then again you could just try your luck now and end up with a addition 5* or even more (@AdawgDaFAB). Cant go really wrong sind you still have a lot of stones to farm from Story and Coop mode.

If you plan on spending more time with the game getting a 2nd 5* right now would be a good...but waiting until you feel the need for an upgrade is also fine.

The daily exp quests are useless imo compared to the exp you get from story stages or coop. Its probably something for people who start the game with 3* rolls and have issues clearing early stages. Without large crystal drops i dont see a point in running them - correct me if im wrong.

I would clear Normal first just to tack up stones real quick. If you have the right units and want to farm 3* versions to ascend your 5* it can be useful to switch to hard mode earlier.

Dandte

Nice - max lvl Grimmjow incoming :-D

The daily exp quests are useless imo compared to the exp you get from story stages or coop. Its probably something for people who start the game with 3* rolls and have issues clearing early stages. Without large crystal drops i dont see a point in running them - correct me if im wrong.

Some days i get 6 large in 10 runs, some days...like today i get 25 medium and only small crystals...i will probably stop running them

cw_sasuke

Oh okay..honestly i didnt know that the stage drops large exp crystals. I havent gotten a single large one during the couple runs i did so i thought it was useless.

RalchAC

If you plan on spending more time with the game getting a 2nd 5* right now would be a good...but waiting until you feel the need for an upgrade is also fine.

I got a 5* Renji for free. It must have been from some kind of achievement lol. It just appeared on my box out of nowhere.

A shame it's INT, just like my Shinji.

I would clear Normal first just to tack up stones real quick. If you have the right units and want to farm 3* versions to ascend your 5* it can be useful to switch to hard mode earlier.

Yeah, I will do that. Keep playing Normal for stones using the units that I have until I finish Normal or I hit a wall. Then the same in Hard. Hopefully we get some stuff soon enough.

The current Kon event has a chance of dropping something decent?

cw_sasuke

Reward time from entering the Captain League

Yeah, I will do that. Keep playing Normal for stones using the units that I have until I finish Normal or I hit a wall. Then the same in Hard. Hopefully we get some stuff soon enough.

The current Kon event has a chance of dropping something decent?

Droprate is quite low - so i only would recommend it if you had a 5* Ichigo you want to ascend ...but even with that farming regular unit in the story mode is probably better. Maybe try to get one exemplar of Rukia and Ichigo since you cant farm these version in the story mode.

MiTYH

So I've got the 5* Renji and Uryu (focus). Did a Multipull recently and got a free 4*s. Is it worth it to pull again? I've just started the 3rd part in story, finished 1.5 parts of hard mode and have about 600 gems stored. Got a max level team but need to amend everyone to their true max

EDIT: Bah, bit the bullet and did another multi summon. Results were
- 5* Chad
- 3* Uyru
- 3* Sajin
- 3* Ikkaku
- 4* Rangiku
- 4* Illfort
- 3* Sajin
- 3* Orihime
- 3* Kushiro
- 3* Ichigo

So, a few dups, but happy with my third 5*. Just need to level it, the other dups being used for augmentations

Question though: I now have two 3* Ichigos, of different attributes (purple/red). Which is better, or should I save both?

Milr

In general, 3*s won't be worth holding on to. You'll be feeding most of them off for ascending your better characters. That Orihime is an exception though, great link skill.

Congrats on the Chad!

Edit:

chrono01

No worries, I'm just under 300 ATK now and that's with the Special strategy. I still have a bit of the Soul tree for Aizen to fill out, not to mention ascending him from 70 --> 80 and then unlocking 80 --> 100. I'm spreading my crystals between Aizen and Uryu/Orihime, but Aizen is getting the most amount.

Also, glad to hear 3* will be common later. I'm desperate, so I used a nice amount of 2* today to take Aizen from 65 --> 70. It cost me, but I don't care! I'm looking forward to getting him to 80, just so I don't have to deal with the ascending. I'd much rather grind crystals.

Continued on with the Aizen re-roll and have a few good 4*s now as well.
IGN: Stider@GAF
ID: 41147093
Sounds good. I'll add you next time I log in.

Is your other Stider account still active, or am I free to remove him?

Edit:

Also, congrats on the Level 100, cw_sasuke and milr! Oh, and the other people here that managed that feat. I feel like I'm lagging behind, but I'm having character and/or yen issues. :/

RalchAC

My team with 5* Shinji, 3* Ishida and 3* Chad can't do shit in the Lieutenant League... So I've started to level up my free 5* Renji that I got defeating 1000 enemies. He is Purple, like my Shinji, but he should be strongest than those 3* units anyway. The people in my League have >200 attack.

Hopefully we get a rate up soon so I can unload my gems. Finish Part 2 of story mode too.

Is it worth to farm those cristals from the dailies? Or should I wait (as always) until I hit a wall in PvE?

I will add you ASAP too! Do you guys want a Google Sheet or something with our IDs?

Milr

Thanks chrono, feels good.

Attempted to grab a 3* Orihime for links from part 1 hard and failed hard (20-25 stam tickets).. probably get her in a summon whenever I use my orbs anyway, I guess.

Congrats, added

chrono01

I will add you ASAP too! Do you guys want a Google Sheet or something with our IDs?
It might be a good idea, since apparently it searches for the exact name when you do a search so you can't just type in "GAF" and get a bunch of us. :(

Stider isn't active anymore now that I'm using this one.
Sounds good. I added you last night and removed your former/now un-used account.

Uthred

Wonder will we get a new event after Kon ends, got about 10 3* after hitting it fairly hard. Not terrible but the struggle for ascension fodder is real.

linkent

It might be a good idea, since apparently it searches for the exact name when you do a search so you can't just type in "GAF" and get a bunch of us. :(
Everyone need to change their name to GAFxxxxx GAF infront.
So that we can search Gaf for members.

Aurizen

I'm saving up for some good 5* units I have about 500 orbs but I seen an event page in japan but they didn't have any of the 5* I want should I still wait? trying to get these guys

Vizard ichigo
Aizen
Grimmjow
White Ichigo
Ulquiorra

linkent

New Event: Shinji's Theater!
oZAathN.png

I'm saving up for some good 5* units I have about 500 orbs but I seen an event page in japan but they didn't have any of the 5* I want should I still wait? trying to get these guys

Vizard ichigo
Aizen
Grimmjow
White Ichigo
Ulquiorra

My most wanted there!

RalchAC

Sounds good. I added you last night and removed your former/now un-used account.

It seems in only recognises the word you tap if it's at the beginning of the name. So we could use something like GAF + Name.

GAF Ralch, for example.

This game doesn't have any guild system in Japan right? It would be cool.

Edit: I'm going to farm the new event like crazy. My Shinji is really close to level 60 so this comes in the perfect moment.

Stider

Was up to around 900 orbs so decided to do a few pulls, 3rd pull 5* Yamamoto :) Now hoping for lots of 3 and 4* drops in new event to level him and Aizen.

Milr

Vizard ichigo
Aizen
Grimmjow
White Ichigo
Ulquiorra
Might as well wait for a new gacha; should be soon. Going for a specific character in the current gacha is a total crap shoot.

Was up to around 900 orbs so decided to do a few pulls, 3rd pull 5* Yamamoto :) Now hoping for lots of 3 and 4* drops in new event to level him and Aizen.
Nice one! Great special for boss killing.

chrono01

Everyone need to change their name to GAFxxxxx GAF infront.
So that we can search Gaf for members.

It seems in only recognises the word you tap if it's at the beginning of the name. So we could use something like GAF + Name.

GAF Ralch, for example.

This game doesn't have any guild system in Japan right? It would be cool.

Edit: I'm going to farm the new event like crazy. My Shinji is really close to level 60 so this comes in the perfect moment.
Thanks, good to know. I might change mine so GAF is first, but Chrono@GAF just looks better. A guild system would be great, same we don't have one. We could even earn PVP points for the guild and get rankings. The possibilities. Maybe call them Squads?

Cool, how soon do you think the gacha will appear?
Soon, hopefully.

Not that I really need new members right now (I'm still working on unlocking the Soul Tree and ascending the ones I currently have), but it couldn't hurt.

RalchAC

Yolo pulled and got a new 5* unit! Kaname Tousen. I dunno how good he is, but he must be better than my 3* Ishida, so he is my new unit. Right now I have three 5* units in my team, but one of those is the free Renji so it's kind of cheating.

Thanks, good to know. I might change mine so GAF is first, but Chrono@GAF just looks better. A guild system would be great, shame we don't have one. We could even earn PVP points for the guild and get rankings. The possibilities. Maybe call them Squads?

Yeah. There could be some special PvP modes and bonuses for doing co-op with your buddies or something. I dunno. Seems like a game where it will work quite well, as opposed to Treasure Cruise, which isn't as social as this one.

Not that I really need new members right now (I'm still working on unlocking the Soul Tree and ascending the ones I currently have), but it couldn't hurt.

How are you doing with the Soul Tree? I managed to get my Shinji to level 60 and while I wait for the event to come, I've been doing the daily. I'm sick of it already lol.

On the bright side my Shinji's tree is over 50%. Attack needs to extra level ups, defense is finished, and I'm increasing his skill (which uses defense orbs.

Milr

Cool, how soon do you think the gacha will appear?
IIRC they come around at the beginning of the month, and in the middle.

Yolo pulled and got a new 5* unit! Kaname Tousen. I dunno how good he is, but he must be better than my 3* Ishida, so he is my new unit. Right now I have three 5* units in my team, but one of those is the free Renji so it's kind of cheating.
Awesome, now you're set for a while.

chrono01

Yeah. There could be some special PvP modes and bonuses for doing co-op with your buddies or something. I dunno. Seems like a game where it will work quite well, as opposed to Treasure Cruise, which isn't as social as this one.

How are you doing with the Soul Tree? I managed to get my Shinji to level 60 and while I wait for the event to come, I've been doing the daily. I'm sick of it already lol.

On the bright side my Shinji's tree is over 50%. Attack needs to extra level ups, defense is finished, and I'm increasing his skill (which uses defense orbs.
Congrats on the 5*!

As for the Soul Tree, I'm doing okay. Aizen is close to max (81%), I just need two more stamina, Soul Link Unlock, last Evasion unlock (need to be Level 100), and Level Cap unlock (need to be Level 80). Orihime and Uryu are at 66% and 59%, respectively. It's getting expensive gold wise, and I need to save some for ascending them. It looks like I'll be grinding the weekend dungeon non-stop again this week.

Top Bottom