• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC DLC!!! (Play as Vergil)

Glass Rebel

ITT i found out that the PC version will be 60fps and is handled by the peeps who handled SSF4AE which eases almos all my concerns when it comes to technical stuff. Now let's hope for Steamworks or at least no GFWL.

I'm not 100% feeling the game just yet but I'm open to a surprise.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Rather than being a Gamestop exclusive pre-order bonus, shouldn't this be included with every new copy of the game? Like an online pass for a single player game? How much does Gamestop pay for these deals?

Yuterald

You do realize that Capcom would DLC the hell out of DMC5, right? This isn't some that developer has control over. This is Capcom, afterall.

Don't act like the original series was somehow above all this.

Hey, I'm not talking about whether or not some future Capcom game would have DLC. You said you're sooooo happy that Vergil has a unique scenario in DmC unlike how you played the same stages as Vergil in DMC3SE. Whenever you make a comparison to the classics you come off sounding like you want to forget about the first four games, like Capcom hasn't done it right until now. I'm not saying you believe this, but you certainly give off this bitter sweet relationship with the older games. I just feel like you're always trying to find ways to throw the old games under the bus whenever you get the chance. It's like if there's SOMETHING DmC maybe does right/better, you're quick to make us all aware of the shortcomings of the originals. Just sayin'.

ezekial45

Banned
Once again, pulling shit that used to just be a part of previous games in the series out so you can sell it separately. Vomit all over my shoes.

o_O

Are you fucking kidding me? People had to repurchase DMC3SE just to play as Vergil.

You lot are just lying now. This is fucking bullshit.

V_Arnold

PC version best version.

What do you think about the gameplay video, btw? I think that it captured some of Vergil's staple moves quite well. (Except for the mob that seemingly ignored any type of stagger, but that is usual in hack'n'slash games, for some weird reason..)

Jackpot

Banned
That's not Vergil.

This is Vergil.

769939-vergil2zt5.jpg

Not any more.

123d5f6.jpg

This is a real pic from the game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
No you don't. Capcom sold a "new" full-priced version of DMC3 to play as Vergil.

Vergil was developed post release as a playable character, and then added to a greatest hits version of DMC3 retailing at $20, not removed from the original game in order to post as DLC.

Glass Rebel

I gotta say, I like the Vergil gameplay a lot better than the Dante stuff so far, at least how it looks. Any recently released trailers from the main game out there?

Dahbomb

I just saw the trailer and performance aside this looks like a pretty nice DLC.

Different environments than before, more "hellish" and enemies that actually look different from the ones in Dante's campaign.

Also if you pre-order the game at Gamestop the DLC is free. It says so at the end of the trailer. Probably should put that in the OP.

DMC3SE also added difficulty tweaks and turbo mode. And I don't know if this is true but wiki also said bloody palace was added as well. Vergil's inclusion was pretty significant

ezekial45

Banned
Hey, I'm not talking about whether or not some future Capcom game would have DLC. You said you're sooooo happy that Vergil has a unique scenario in DmC unlike how you played the same stages as Vergil in DMC3SE. Whenever you make a comparison to the classics you come off sounding like you want to forget about the first four games, like Capcom hasn't done it right until now. I'm not saying you believe this, but you certainly give off this bitter sweet relationship with the older games. I just feel like you're always trying to find ways to throw the old games under the bus whenever you get the chance. It's like if there's SOMETHING DmC maybe does right/better, you're quick to make us all aware of the shortcomings of the originals. Just sayin'.
I'm not throwing them under the bus, more so that I'm saying that this isn't abnormal for the series. Capcom's DLC problems as of late has put everyone on edge and couple that with DmC's reputation, you see a lot of accusations go around - and it's also having series fans look at the previous games as if they were somehow above all this (they weren't).

jett

D-Member
Vergil was developed post release as a playable character, and then added to a greatest hits version of DMC3 retailing at $20, not removed from the original game in order to post as DLC.

Yeah, that's much better. In fact, that's exactly what the guy in my quote said. Actually, no. DmC threads have become insufferable in this forum.

Dahbomb

Do you think Vergill will also have access to the Angel and Demon stances or they'll use the triggers for something else?

Please comment on the gameplay, thanks.
Seems like he is just playing with one weapon and Summoned Swords.

Some new strings, a new aerial combo for Yamato ending, the new Judgment Cut as opposed to the classical one, new move where he stabs the ground, Helm Breaker type move (or is it an aerial combo finisher?), a charged Rising Hightime for Yamato, an altered Rapid Slash and finally the only formation of SS shown was Blistering Swords.

After my laughter subsided i peeped the gameplay video. I will say that Vergil's game play looks better than Dante's. Looking at this DLC trailer made me feel like this is a shiny new unreal engine, 30 fps (on console) DMC3, with worse control (no hard lock). Why not just make a remade DMC3SE with MT framework and OTF style switch? This whole situation is so funny to me. What the hell are these guys thinking?

I really doubt this is all the dlc we'll get. My cynical self expects something like bloody palace or even a classic dante skin to be available for 5 bucks each on day 1.

Yuterald

o_O

Are you fucking kidding me? People had to repurchase DMC3SE just to play as Vergil.

You lot are just lying now. This is fucking bullshit.

You know, I think people need to approach this whole scenario a bit differently. Sure, Capcom has been doing this for what seems like forever. They did it with Street Fighter II back on SNES/Genesis, and yes, they've done it with DMC3 with DMC3SE. The thing is, why do they CONTINUE to do it? It's a bad practice, no matter how you try and justify it. Maybe the younger generation that played/purchased all of these Capcom re-releases didn't know any better because they were, you know, young and ignorant. I wasn't even thinking about business practices, consumer exploitation, etc. when Capcom did this back with Street Fighter II. Even more so, my parents probably bought me Super Street Fighter II Turbo or whatever for Christmas. I had no control over my support of these horrible practics. But now that I'm older and more mature I can choose not to support it because it's bullshit. Enough is enough, you know what I mean?

Let's see here.

True, the SE edition was the one that added Vergil. That's cool. It's also in the past. So, logically, because of the technology we have, Capcom could add the character in for free/as a download.

But nope. We gotta pay for it. Probably a key, as well. But I'll hold judgement for that last part.

Dahbomb

I noticed that Vergil has new moves/abilities that he never had (aside from the ones I mentioned).

It seems that he has a Doppelganger style variant. It works very different from Dante's Doppelganger. Also the Doppelganger is seen throwing Round Trip.

Nice.

Capcom constantly shoots itself in its foot.

Watch this be on disc too.

Capcom why do you make it so hard to like you?

We'll my PR email says this at the bottom. Take it for what you will.

**Please note that this DLC is not on the retail disc and is only available via download post launch**

Also it's free for pre-orders so if you want it that bad, pre-order the game I say. Most people on here don't give a shit and shouldn't give a shit about the dlc either imo.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You know, I think people need to approach this whole scenario a bit differently. Sure, Capcom has been doing this for what seems like forever. They did it with Street Fighter II back on SNES/Genesis, and yes, they've done it with DMC3 with DMC3SE. The thing is, why do they CONTINUE to do it? It's a bad practice, no matter how you try and justify it. Maybe the younger generation that played/purchased all of these Capcom re-releases didn't know any better because they were, you know, young and ignorant. I wasn't even thinking about business practices, consumer exploitation, etc. when Capcom did this back with Street Fighter II. Even more so, my parents probably bought me Super Street Fighter II Turbo or whatever for Christmas. I had no control over my support of these horrible practics. But now that I'm older and more mature I can choose not to support it because it's bullshit. Enough is enough, you know what I mean?

I really don't understand how some of you can compare DmC's Vergil DLC to DMC3SE. You are aware that every successful PS2 game eventually turned into a Greatest Hits version value priced at $20? They decided to add a bunch of stuff to this Greatest Hits version for FREE. They rebalanced the game, added Turbo, Bloody Palace, and Vergil. They didn't have to do any of it because the Greatest Hits version was going to be released anyway.

And I'm calling that they'll be removed and sold as DLC day 1, what's so hard to understand about that?

This might be total bullshit but iirc apparently PSASBR dev has commented at an launch event that one reason Ninja Theory didn't want classic Dante costume in the game as unlockable was because they will add it later as DLC for DmC (and who knows, maybe both games).

I'd buy em xd

Top Bottom