• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGO3 Delayed to Oct. 6th (consoles), January 2016 (PC)

...Who wasn't expecting that at this point?
Way too little has been said about it. I honestly thought Konami was going to just scrap it to say money on it's upkeep.

A month out isn't bad.

Be very happy they acknowledged it exists and isn't cancelled.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Watch it get a stand alone and/or F2P microtransaction heavy release in the near future.

Scotia

Banned
Ah well. It sucks, but the main game will be able satisfy me for a while anyway. Me and my friends were excited to play MGO but as long as we get to play it at all is fine with me.

I wonder if the guaranteeing of Kojima Productions JP really messed development of MGO up.

Anyway totally expecting it to be a trainwreck now. Seems like another GTA Online situation of "lets push this thing outside the review window so it doesnt kill us"

Arklite

A month wait, not too bad. At least I can take my time finishing the campaign without worrying about running into launch day vets on MGO later.

SolidSnake305

Neo Member
Damn! I was expecting this especially with the limited showing of MGO. But I did not see Jan 2016 for PC MGO that is a little crazy.

I wonder if the guaranteeing of Kojima Productions JP really messed development of MGO up.

Anyway totally expecting it to be a trainwreck now. Seems like another GTA Online situation of "lets push this thing outside the review window so it doesnt kill us"

Yup.

Will Kjp even be around after December? How does a January launch make sense with what we know?

Boke1879

I'm just glad the Forward Operating Base system is in the single player experience. Gonna be nice to build up my base and invade/check out others as well.

Kind of like what happened with Grand Theft Auto V's online portion. I'm ok with this...because I was kind of expecting it.

And now no one that is interested in this part of the game will trade it. Konami is protected, partly, from the backlash from the Kojima falling out.

I'm making all of this up.

Yup.

Will Kjp even be around after December? How does a January launch make sense with what we know?

I think I saw that November is the month Kojima and the other senior staff are out of there but I am not sure.

I wonder what this means for on going DLC support for MGO as well.

Actually I wonder what the situation is like at Kojima Productions LA (or whatever its called now)

fritzo

I'm not upset actually. Not a lot has been showed, like others have said, and its a free update. That LA team is putting in work. A delay in this sense isn't a bad thing.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Be honest, are you actually buying MGSV for MGO3?

Some friends of mine and I were eagerly awaiting MGO3 as a fun diversion for a while to fill a gap in our multiplayer interests. Some of us had played previous installments and talked the others into getting excited about it, so it launching 4 months later is a huge buzzkill for everyone involved.

Jawmuncher

Doesn't bother me at all. Better to wait than to push it too early. If anything it should all work out GTAV online did that same thing and wasn't too bad.

Two Words

Releasing the Samoa later is what fucks up the servers. Everybody will be done with the game and waiting for the MP. When the MP releases at launch, a lot of people just play the SP first.

NastyBook

At least I can enjoy the SP at my own pace now. Won't have to worry about players that go straight to MP as soon as they get the game.

Fury451

Banned
This is more or less like what happened with GTA Online isn't it?

I don't really recall, but was there a lot of upset about that? It seems like the single player content will be enough to satisfy until this finally drops.

GenericUser

I'm ok with that. MGS5 to me is a single player gamer first and foremost. Nice that they attached a multiplayer component to the game and imo it really shows their effort to make that component serveable by delaying it for a short amount of time. Kudos.

Lemonte

nooooooo fu konami
5jJPapi.gif

Top Bottom