• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite product designs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jVJs3UveYLoCZ.jpg

I love the look of the BMW M3 Alpine White Edition.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I really wish MS hadn't given up on the Zune HD line so quickly. They really were great and have dramatically better sound than the ipod/iphone line.

"Quickly..." ehhh they stuck with it for like four or five years, Zune 1.0 came out in 2006 (I know, because I own one.)

For the record, Zune 1.0 was kinda cool, even if everyone knew squirting or whatever was a gimmick. The sync software was horrid though, a confusing reskin of WMP9 or something. Zune 2.0 in 2007 is what really made me love the product, everything was better.

Whoa. I thought my Chrome was just bugging out. That's really weird that they changed it. It definitely feels empty without it there for some reason.

It makes theming slightly more consistent but I believe the big reason was Google wants to reserve the plus sign for, well, Google+. Which kind of bugs me since I think Chrome, as a web browser, should try to be as independent from Google as possible (even if I'm a massive G+ user and Google user in general.) And by independent I mean, not slaves to marketing mandates like that, but still can have optimized versions of all of Google's apps.

FStop7

Banned
Barcelona Chair! An aspiring Mid Century Modern enthusiast perhaps? :D

I am actually not a big fan of mid century - with a few exceptions. Eames and Barcelona chairs I like because they're classic and timeless. But thanks to shows like Mad Men these days everyone over 30 is gathering the banged up old furniture extracted from their parents' homes and putting it on Craigslist as "mid century" with a stupid price tag. It's particularly bad in LA. I'm looking for furniture deals now and there is so much crap out there being sold as chic simply because it's old.

Pagani-Huayra-interior.jpg

p1_u4gs4tpfz_so.jpg

p1_uwusv35td_so.jpg

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I am actually not a big fan of mid century - with a few exceptions. Eames and Barcelona chairs I like because they're classic and timeless. But thanks to shows like Mad Men these days everyone over 30 is gathering the banged up old furniture extracted from their parents' homes and putting it on Craigslist as "mid century" with a stupid price tag. It's particularly bad in LA. I'm looking for furniture deals now and there is so much crap out there being sold as chic simply because it's old.

I have a passion for space age designs and curves, though I enjoy the products of Herman Miller and Knoll. I know your pain though. I am particularly unhappy with the amount of love the Danish "Teak" trend has been getting.

Meanwhile, one of my absolute favorite classics:

Maurice Calka "Boomerang" Desk.

2692922115_46912a94ff.jpg

1580257203_88f7688dd2.jpg

Aulatori

My wife loves the Panton chair so we ended up getting a few for our dining table.

YLITx.jpg

I was a bit skeptical at first, but I'll be damned if it isn't the most comfortable chair of its type I've ever sat on - the construction (first totally injection moulded chair) allows it to flex as needed when you sit on it along with its ergonomics. I imagine we'll have them forever and they can easily move around from dining chairs, to secondary seating, to even outdoors.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
any more pictures man? i have a 15" macbook pro antiglare and yours looks extremely good with the white table in the background!

Thanks!

For the moment, the lighting is always good in my house for about an hour around 3-4pm.

I will snap some more shots tomorrow. 15"? Lucky!

My wife loved the Panton chair so we ended up getting a few for our dining table.

YLITx.jpg

Love those! If I remember correctly, the price point is close to that of the Eames Dsr.

I prefer the Dsr, but Panton chairs have an unmatched appeal in terms of retro design.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
I will probably put this in the OP, but I realize some people live in more crowded and modern cities than others...

If you find a product that you have never seen, and want to know the name, or simply want to share, take a picture and post it here. I have a few building up that I think people on here would appreciate.

ZZMitch

I love these shoes, something about them always draws me when I need a new pair. I pretty much just get the same shoe over an over again just with different colors every year.

Nike-Air-Force-1-Womens-htm-3-white-white.JPG

I feel like I am from the future...
03-704.jpg

Love the look of this guy on my media center
4gb-consolegroupshot-580.jpg

and I love the look of the black matte xbox controller for some reason

It had a keyboard and it was still skinny!
Motorola-Droid1.jpg

Also Macbook Pro, but I bet that has been said a million time already.

Thanks!

For the moment, the lighting is always good in my house for about an hour around 3-4pm.

I will snap some more shots tomorrow. 15"? Lucky!

awesome! thanks so much! im a sucker for seeing unibody macbook pros in nice backgrounds - no idea why but they look spectacular!

yep 15"! i wanted my beloved matte (and high res!) screen and a discrete gpu. 13" doesnt have a 1440x900 display, was too small, and is "only" dual core, and the 17" is just too big and a little underpowered graphics wise for the resolution (1920x1200). 15" at 1680x1050 is juuuusssttt right for a laptop!

Aulatori

Love those! If I remember correctly, the price point is close to that of the Eames Dsr.

I prefer the Dsr, but Panton chairs have an unmatched appeal in terms of retro design.

Yep, you're right they're pretty close. We tried the DSR as well, but the ergonomics on the Panton were really surprising and really sold us on it.

My personal preference is something closer to Moller chairs (love the warmth of wood), but that's what different rooms - and saving - are for! :p)

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
awesome! thanks so much! im a sucker for seeing unibody macbook pros in nice backgrounds - no idea why but they look spectacular!

The funny thing...after I made the transition to Apple products, my room just started to become more and more minimal and modern, so it eventually had an Apple store look. Eventually it got to the point where placing the thing anywhere looked staged. In terms of tech my setup is questionable but design wise I am very happy.

Yep, you're right they're pretty close. We tried the DSR as well, but the ergonomics on the Panton were really surprising and really sold us on it.

My personal preference is something closer to Moller chairs (love the warmth of wood), but that's what different rooms - and saving - are for! :p)

My favorite Eames chair design is the one used with the Dar and rocker. I had never sat in one before I walked into a store at a local club location, but they are incredibly comfortable!

Took a few pics since I knew this thread would be coming eventually.
6858947642_795f831318_c.jpg

zbeeb

Except it's made of glass, a product which breaks easily and creates thousands of tiny, sharp, byproducts.

That's what I love about them! Can't say I've ever dropped one.

Haha, funny how I posted the same thing just within a few minutes.

I want one so bad but $1,000+ for a clock is crazy.

Oh they are amazing, but such a ripoff. I've tried to find cheap(er) knockoffs with no success

I see alot of Mac Book Pros...really? It's a laptop. The Mac Book Air I can see, but the pro is pretty generic. It's subjective I guess. Well since I'm here.

UM6Xl.jpg

Rims could be better.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
you guys might like:

http://www.lovelypackage.com

sfw despite the URL, lol

Bookmarked! That "Rojo" coffee bag is really cool. Lots of nice stuff on that site.

I see alot of Mac Book Pros...really? It's a laptop. The Mac Book Air I can see, but the pro is pretty generic. It's subjective I guess. Well since I'm here.

When Apple released the legendary Macbook-Macbook pro aluminum case update sometime in 2007, or 2008, it sort of redefined how I think about minimalism as far as Laptops. The Air is great, but it was built off of this amazing design, not the other way around.

Anyway, Got some pictures at a local car show. 50's beauty, complete with a cheese burger, fries, and shake in the front. Haha

7005076295_9b63d7e0ed_c.jpg

aznpxdd

ASUS Zenbook. Gotta be the sexiest laptop available now.

ASUS-Zenbook-UX21E-DH71-angle-black.jpg

Audi R8. Such an awesome design, I will own this once the price comes down more.

audi-r8-v10-2.jpg

Motorola Motofone F3

nGOQ5.jpg

Basic phone with e-ink display made for developing countries. Really wanted one when I last bought a phone but they started jacking up the price and became hard to find.

Casio F-91W

Ic5Zm.jpg

The choice of Al-Qaeda terrorists, apparently. A classic. The ubiquitous blue-bordered one isn't pictured because this is the one I recently bought. Perfect size for my embarrassingly dainty wrist.

Google CR-48

WALry.jpg

Kicking myself that I didn't find out about this before it was too late and all gone. The perfect looking stealthy notebook computer. Subtle, matte black finish and no logos.

S-Wind

The PSOne. Again, mind was blown when Sony announced this. It started the tradition of upgrading and miniaturizing consoles. A trend that continues today.

SEGA (Master System --> Master System II, Genesis --> Genesis 2 --> Genesis 3, Sega CD - SEGA CD 2, Genesis + SEGA CD --> SEGA CDX) and Nintendo (NES --> smaller NES, SNES --> smaller SNES, and numerous portables) say: "WTF?!"

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
05vVz.jpg

UlEeB.jpg

6qflk.jpg

THHNU.jpg

WfGRC.jpg

The PEBL has a satin touch finish, and you just pull down the top layer and it unfolds magically. The hinge is this weird spring loaded thing you, you slide it down with your thumb and it unlocks and unfolds.

Wiktor

small_410_angle5.jpg

Classic Thinkpad line (no Edge nonsense) is the best designed laptop line. The only notebook brand where functionality is always absolute kind. And in the world where everybody goes for shiny silver thing, LED diodes, huge glowing logos and wild colors, those are the only notebooks that look classy, like a good tailored suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom