• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LttP: JoJo's Bizarre adventure. I was not ready.

So I just started watching this. Only 5 episodes in, but dear god, everytime I think the show sets the tone with over-the-topness, it seems to get even more crazy. I honestly don't know how the show can keep going at its rate. But, I'm here for the ride. It's really stupid but also really entertaining. I feel like they did a good job with the cheesy dub too.

Question, I got Phantom Blood and Battle Tendencies set. Has Viz announced any plans to release sets of the following seasons?

So I just started watching this. Only 5 episodes in, but dear god, everytime I think the show sets the tone with over-the-topness, it seems to get even more crazy. I honestly don't know how the show can keep going at its rate. But, I'm here for the ride. It's really stupid but also really entertaining. I feel like they did a good job with the cheesy dub too.

Question, I got Phantom Blood and Battle Tendencies set. Has Viz announced any plans to release sets of the following seasons?

Yeah, they'll definitely release the 3rd and 4th seasons(Both Stardust Crusaders).

OP when they get to Part 2
FxQrSgY.gif

munchie64

There's nothing I can say at this point other than enjoy the ride. If you're into it now I can only see ig getting better.

I love Phantom Blood.

I hope you're ready to say this again and again with every new installment

I love Phantom Blood. Never seems to get the respect it deserves with how it sets everything in motion and Johnathan vs. Dio fight being so personal that it lasts throughout the generations.

I wish they didn't rush through it as quickly as they did and gave it two more episodes.

trejo

If you're only 5 episodes in and you're already this hyped then boy oh boy are you in for a good time. Shit gets crazy and then some.

And then Part II starts and you'll still not be ready for it.

Repeat as necessary for all subsequent parts.

DrkSage

I also started watching jojo recently. Don't remember what episode I left off last week (thanks irma) but I'm already on
joseph joestar rescuing speed wagon
. I must say, it quickly grew on me, like as soon as the second episode ended and that song started playing... hooooooo bo-
med.png

Hoo boy OP, can't wait to hear when you get to Part 2. If you thought it was stupid but entertaining after 5 episodes, you ain't seen FUCKING NOTHING yet.

subbed

Edit: On a serious note though, if you haven't been spoiled yet on a 30 year old on-going manga, make sure you keep it that way. There's some stuff in Stardust Crusaders and Diamond is Unbreakable that's awesome to see if you're going in blind.

Brakke

Banned
It's the only good anime tbh.

Each of the Jojos is good. It's remarkable how many tone shifts this series attempts and NAILS.

FluxWaveZ

If you like Part 1, you'll love Part 2.

Part 3 can get divisive, though, because of the change to a very structured "Monster of the Week" format. Part 2 remains my favorite, being an anime-only watcher.

Part 3 can get divisive, though, because of the change to a very structured "Monster of the Week" format. Part 2 remains my favorite, being an anime-only watcher.
Characters and jokes are too strong in Part 3 tho

It only really becomes a problem when you get to part 4 which is the same format but you have losers like Koichi running around

Despite this though there's always a consistent goal that the heroes are working towards, and an evil that's ever-present. It gave the whole monster of the week formula a solid foundation to be presented on.

Top Bottom