• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nendoroid GAF |OT| Swap that frown for a Good Smile

Quonny

A6zsUJX.png

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
GIANT box from GSC came in today! Wow, there was so much padding in there for my Snow Miku Figma and Nendo :p I figured there were separate boxes inside, but no, just a ton of paper.

GIANT box from GSC came in today! Wow, there was so much padding in there for my Snow Miku Figma and Nendo :p I figured there were separate boxes inside, but no, just a ton of paper.

They are pulling an AmiAmi. It doesn't matter with GSC since they charge flatrate shipping anyway, but shops like AmiAmi that put a ton of packing paper in there definitely end up costing a good bit more in shipping. I mainly use Hobbysearch now.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
They are pulling an AmiAmi. It doesn't matter with GSC since they charge flatrate shipping anyway, but shops like AmiAmi that put a ton of packing paper in there definitely end up costing a good bit more in shipping. I mainly use Hobbysearch now.

I've actually never seen Ami use too much paper in their packaging. It always seems to be the right amount: not too much to where it would damage the item, but not so little that the item would get damaged. The boxes always seem to be a pretty good fit.

In this case? Well, the Figma/Nendo boxes weren't as big as previous years' Snow Mikus, so standard size boxes, but the box was like 2ft x 2ft x 2ft!

Femto.

I DID NOT KNOW THAT FULL ARMOR X WAS A THING! :(

Any places in the LA area I can go to get him at a non ridiculous price?

Don't feel like ordering from overseas.

Was on Plastikitty and saw the Roy Mustang Nendo, which pleases me immensely.

Gonna get my Alphonse and Roy for sure. May get Ed in the future... I hope they make a Riza Hawkeye Nendo as well.

BotW Link caught my attention but when I went to order him, Deadpool became my first.

I just moved recently so I haven't set up a place to pose them yet but I'll post pics once I do, can't wait to have Deadpool stealing Link's horse :D

Though I'm almost afraid to take Deadpool out of his box since it looks so friggin' awesome.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So yesterday I learned about "Nendoroid EZ". Not sure how I missed the news, but now it makes a little more sense! I was in a Gamestop that had a selection of figures and noticed a Sonic the Hedgehog Nendo sitting there for $34! I regret not getting it a while back, so I asked to take a look (since they had one out on display). To my surprise... it was a very bare-bones release and labelled under the "EZ" label as 002. He was missing some pieces though, so at that price I passed and will try and hunt down an original one at some point :/

I guess it's a neat idea for people who just want the basic figure, but I'd rather get it with everything. Looks like Wind Waker Link is 001. I think these might be western-only releases? I don't see them listed on the GSC site.

LiK

I finally opened DX BotW Link over the weekend and I'm actually disappointed with it.

First, there's no peg or hole in the figure and saddle so he can stay on securely. His head is quite top heavy and I wasn't able to have it displayed with the horse in a rearing up pose. I could hardly have him stay put in a regular horse standing pose. I gave up and just had him standing next to the horse.

Also, how come there are no holes for the Sheikah tablet? I noticed there are two small pegs on his belt but no way to attach the tablet itself. That actually bugged me.Are we supposed to somehow hang it on the belt? The assembly manual doesn't show any methods to attach it nor any of the pics on the box.

I dunno, I love the sculpt and accessories but some basic QoL things seem oddly missing which would've made posing it more fun.

Yarbskoo

I finally opened DX BotW Link over the weekend and I'm actually disappointed with it.

First, there's no peg or hole in the figure and saddle so he can stay on securely. His head is quite top heavy and I wasn't able to have it displayed with the horse in a rearing up pose. I could hardly have him stay put in a regular horse standing pose. I gave up and just had him standing next to the horse.

Also, how come there are no holes for the Sheikah tablet? I noticed there are two small pegs on his belt but no way to attach the tablet itself. That actually bugged me.Are we supposed to somehow hang it on the belt? The assembly manual doesn't show any methods to attach it nor any of the pics on the box.

I dunno, I love the sculpt and accessories but some basic QoL things seem oddly missing which would've made posing it more fun.

You were disappointed because he didn't have an ass peg hole?

That's just silly.

Top Bottom