• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

The_Kid

I've been going to FC for around a decade, and still enjoy it, but man if my first time at BLFC wasn't GOAT-con. Over 5,100 people, incredible!

BLFC is legit the most fun con. Staff know what they're doing, can drink can party more easily, the pg angle just isn't pushed as hard. It's great.

The_Spaniard

Netmarble
BLFC is legit the most fun con. Staff know what they're doing, can drink can party more easily, the pg angle just isn't pushed as hard. It's great.

With access to the pool areas next year, as well as some infrastructure changes, it could be better than ever.

The_Kid

So at BLFC I paid a photographer for a professional photoshoot. It was a blast. Here is a preview.

7NvTHId.jpg

judhudson

Awww....bit bummed to find out that I won't get to go to AnthroCon this year after all... Got a message from my friend whom I'm traveling with and his car is in the shop - apparently his transmission went out on him.

So those plans are scrapped. The fact that we both were looking forward to going, we're now just gonna find some scenery somewhere and do some photoshoots as we were hoping to get some done at AC as he's about done finishing his costume.

Well, at least there is Memphit Fur Meet (small localish con) and Midwest Fur Fest to look forward to.

Been playing with the Furry network in Titanfall recently due to having some good games with a player on that network. Now people are asking me what my fursona is. I don't have one. How do I fursona? Help me Furry-GAF, you're my only hope.

A fursona is as personal or as capricious as you want it to be. You also don't need one if you don't want one!

But if you're looking for suggestions, my advice would be to think of your favorite animals, imagine which one might be fun to have as a character of sorts, then throw out what you've come up with and be a coyote instead. ;3

Cepheus

Been playing with the Furry network in Titanfall recently due to having some good games with a player on that network. Now people are asking me what my fursona is. I don't have one. How do I fursona? Help me Furry-GAF, you're my only hope.

Go crazy. Pick an animal you like a lot or one that you think represents you in some way. My 'sona is a Maine Coon cat because they're huge (I'm tall) and they're super fluffy, and I love fluffy things.

The_Spaniard

Netmarble
I had very specific recurring dreams as a kid, then I discovered the fandom years later. Putting two and two together is how I figured it out and made my choice.

Kuugrr

Popping into thread to let y'all know that you are all rad and valid and awesome.

Learning that FurryGAF was a thing at all helped so much. It's cool that people can be people (or cool animals) however they like on this site as well is so heartwarming.

Keep on keepin' on, fur-iends. :03

Fancolors

Thanks! But nope, it's just a painting. It looks slightly 3D because I painted some occlusion.

Think I'll make some more trendy characters later;

Decided to spend my day at Furry Migration.

Now im just sitting at a table there like an anxious mess. I sincerely have no idea what i should do now... i whooped ppl at MK8dx, ate some subway, came back, bought volumes 4 and 5 of Dragons Hoard, and now I just cant decide what to do next FML

Breads

Banned
Just a tip about ref sheets.

If you're going to have a ref sheet try not to bog it down with a lot of info-text.

Likes/ Dislikes are fine but beyond that please consider that some artists don't like to adhere to supplementary material beyond your description for the commission and visual references. Some artists ignore in-image bios while others view text walls as red flags and are more prone to turn work using refs like that down. If you insist on having refs with a lot of text on it consider getting two versions of the ref sheet - one with the full text for personal use and one with just the likes/ dislikes to give to other artists.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Just a tip about ref sheets.

If you're going to have a ref sheet try not to bog it down with a lot of info-text.

Likes/ Dislikes are fine but beyond that please consider that some artists don't like to adhere to supplementary material beyond your description for the commission and visual references. Some artists ignore in-image bios while others view text walls as red flags and are more prone to turn work using refs like that down. If you insist on having refs with a lot of text on it consider getting two versions of the ref sheet - one with the full text for personal use and one with just the likes/ dislikes to give to other artists.

Well I don't really do that. Just the character's full body and clothing (or lack thereof) and maybe a couple of facial expressions.

Remembered my pill this time and had a lot more fun today as a result.

Even paid for a fursona commission, gonna give her shitty sketches + description when i get home. Down the rabbit hole i go...

The_Kid

Decided to spend my day at Furry Migration.

Now im just sitting at a table there like an anxious mess. I sincerely have no idea what i should do now... i whooped ppl at MK8dx, ate some subway, came back, bought volumes 4 and 5 of Dragons Hoard, and now I just cant decide what to do next FML

Aww I wish I saw this. I've been wandering around the con for the last couple days, could of helped ya.

Aww I wish I saw this. I've been wandering around the con for the last couple days, could of helped ya.
Well RIP. Lol

I might show up for a couple more hours in the morning before heading to work, not sure yet tho. I did meet a coworker and now plan to go to MFF though, just a matter of figuring out how to get there.

I had a lot more fun this morning because I actually remembered to take my med so I didnt have a mental breakdown again, just my usual nervousness. Set up my first ever commission, was perfectly average in 7 player smash bros, and then went to buy another tasteful comic before going to work.

Top Bottom