• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K14 vs NBA Live 14 - Comparison (PS4)

Hollow

James Harden in 2K14 vs Kimbo Slice in Live
BZg18VkCMAAne4J.png:large

I'm laughing so hard.

bumpkin

I wish 2k Sports would bring back NFL & NHL games.
Yes, please. EA have bar-none the worst character modelers in the industry when it comes to sports games. Although NHL 2K got a little weird in 2K10 -- goalies looked especially off -- the presentation was always better than EA's. Seeing what they've done with NBA, I'd love to see 'em do NHL.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Dat Bradley stat line lol.

Best part is that they were playing the Rockets at the time, so I like to think, in the GIF, he's looking at GAF on his phone, sees the Harden comparison, then looks over at the floor and says "That doesn't look like James at all!".

The Ignite engine turned out to be a complete fraud.
FIFA looks just as bad, but has been rated very highly because under the woeful last-gen visuals it's still a great football game. PES14 on PS3 looks better (in terms of lighting) than FIFA14 on PS4. EA are really going to have to step up the visuals next year.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Are we playing the same Madden? Because it's not good, on both PS3/PS4 and I've spent a lot of time with both...And why do all Madden fan's say this? I had two friends who buy it every year who begged me to pick up the PS4 version saying it was way better than the PS3. It's not, at all.

Seriously

I have a buddy who tells me the game play is awesome and it looks SOOOO GOOOD. Granted it looks tons better than the PS3 version but a polished piece of shit is still a piece of shit none the less as the ps3 version was horrible this year (IMO). All i see is the same problems the game has had for the past 4 years and the same animations.

Watching that Ignite trailer is even more hilarious now as EA has done the previs videos 2 generations in a row with the same effect. Why release something like that if you cant get close to delivering. AND NBA IS EVEN WORSE THAN MADDEN CUZ THEY HAD TAKEN A YEAR OFF TO MAKE IT GOOD!!! lol

dreamfall

I really hope some poor soul who bought both titles can give us some great side by side shots of other star players.

Live's Harden is horrifying. I'm starting to wonder who they did get right... Irving looked ok.

Xater

I said it before and I'll say it again, the Ignite engine seems to be garbage. The only decent looking thing we have seen from it so far seems to be the upcoming UFC game but that might only be because they basically only have to render two guys.

DogMeat77

I kind of feel bad... not for EA but the employees who dedicated their time to this project. I'm offering half price hugs for the next week to anyone who worked on this. Come on down and claim them.

j8zSUQlOxAYER.png

Justified

The exclusive EA contract with the NFL is expiring next year correct?

Actually this was the last year.

Also remember the NFLPA was an exclusive deal with EA also, along with the NFL.

Im sure one will follow the other, hopefully the players can put some "pressure" on the NFLPA to not renegotiate exclusivity, and the NFL with follow suit.

Hilti92

Yes, please. EA have bar-none the worst character modelers in the industry when it comes to sports games. Although NHL 2K got a little weird in 2K10 -- goalies looked especially off -- the presentation was always better than EA's. Seeing what they've done with NBA, I'd love to see 'em do NHL.

I bet to differ. NHL 14 has some character models that are spot on. Nazem Kadri for example looks pretty well bang on.

Meier

Played the demo earlier today and I think it looked like shit. Same with FIFA, actually. EA's really dropped the ball.

I just wanted to point out that I completely disagree about FIFA. The PS4 version looks and plays fantastic. The presentation is a massive upgrade over last gen and they added a shitload of new animations. It can still be a frustrating game but that is mostly down to the nature of the sport. It plays really, really well.

Live is absolutely laughable though.

v1oz

NBA 2K14 could benefit from better animation. Something like NaturalMotion's Euphoria would really bring it to life.

GQman2121

Banned
This was in my email this morning.....

Checked the quote and it's from a piece covering a demonstration leading up to the games release. Polygon did not review next gen Madden as far as I can tell. That's where EA Sports is currently at regarding next gen.

The Goat

NBA 2K14 could benefit from better animation. Something like NaturalMotion's Euphoria would really bring it to life.

While there is definite room for improvement, I am absolutely amazed at times by 2K14. Just some of the random shit the players do, and how natural it all feels. Man, such an awesome ground work has been laid. Once cross-gen support fades, this game will really shine.

2K14 has me ready to hand over my $60 each year, for the foreseeable future. And I'm not even a sports guy in the least.

Apollo

Banned
Is that all you guys care about is graphics? I don't care for NBA live and always played 2K's basketball, but NBA 2K14 on next gen is horrible. Just check out operation sports with all of us bitching about the game. The game is missing a ton of features when they told us they wouldn't do that. The same bugs and gltiches are back in the game from the xbox /ps3 version. I thought this gen I wouldn't have to worry about players getting pissed off because roles. The game is so broke in all the modes that this game is only good for Quick Games. Oh let's not for forget about them putting Virtual Currency in all the modes. 2K needs competition badly or they will kill their own game.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.

Thats what i've been saying for years. I'm a disgruntled 2k fan because it's been like half a decade of the same legacy issues and limited upside that is largely driven by their dated character locomotion system. It's good for keeping the game looking pretty when you can force really long, really high detail animations. However, getting real motion synthesis technology in there would transform the game into a fucking Monstar.

Top Bottom