• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus update: Sony planning big changes

Eylos

Banned
Lock If old or fake

"The Sony Corporate Strategy Meeting briefing has shed more light on the company’s future plans, which appear to include a boost to the PS Plus service.

Sony management talked more on the subject, revealing that they wanted to make PlayStation Plus a more attractive prospect to fans to subscribe to.

These changes will be deployed to help grow subscriber figures, which apparently includes 70m monthly active users and 26.4 million PS Plus-paying members.

PS4 fans are in for a treat in 2017, with exclusive games that include The Last of Us 2, Gran Turismo Sport, Horizon Zero Dawn and more.

Other facts shared included PS4 users spending 600 million hours every week on the PS4, collectively.

While Sony didn’t go into a deep-dive on the subject, it was mentioned that they wanted to enhance the content offered through PlayStation Plus.

What this means is anyone’s guess right now, Sony has teased in the past that they might add new PlayStation VR games to the list too.

The PlayStation Plus June 2017 games lineup could soon be revealed by Sony.

PS Plus subscribers look set to learn what new PS4, PS3 and PS Vita titles will be provided as part of their paid-service in the next ten days.

While Sony usually reveal their PlayStation 4 Plus lineup in the last week of the month, there is a chance that something could be revealed earlierAnd if nothing materialises on the PlayStation Blog this week, fans can expect a big update by Wednesday, May 31.

Fans currently have access the PlayStation Plus May 2017 roster, this includes Tales from the Borderlands in all regions, with Abzu available to download in North America, while the European regions gets Alienation.

Other titles include Blood Knights and Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants on PS3, as well as Laser Disco Defenders, and Type:Rider for PS Vita and Cross Buy on PS4.

There have been no leaks concerning the PlayStation Plus June games list as of yet, so fans will have to wait and see what is announced later this month."

Http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/808027/PlayStation-Plus-Sony-June-2017-games

Tagg9

I'd take this entire article with a grain of salt.

PS4 fans are in for a treat in 2017, with exclusive games that include The Last of Us 2

Clearly, they don't know what they are talking about.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Haha what a non-article. Extrapolating one innocuous statement into a slew of baseless speculation and half-baked theorising.

PS Plus subscribers look set to learn what new PS4, PS3 and PS Vita titles will be provided as part of their paid-service in the next ten days.

While Sony usually reveal their PlayStation 4 Plus lineup in the last week of the month, there is a chance that something could be revealed earlier

And if nothing materialises on the PlayStation Blog this week, fans can expect a big update by Wednesday, May 31.

Says the same thing four times. Classic wordcount pad.

EDIT: Just seen that this has just passed 1000 upvotes on /r/PS4 as well. Express rolling around in that ad-revenue.

That articles says noting. It's just extrapolating paragraphs from a short quote from Sony's Corporate Strategy Meeting, before anyone jumps to conclusions.

Edit: What Savantcore said.

Mediking

Gotta admit... only have PS Plus because of online multiplayer.

I don't even really take advantage of sales or anything of that sort...

But I wonder what they could add to make it more appealing? I dunno...

Guevara

Knack finally coming!

I decided not to renew PS+ this year, so here's hoping they really do make it worthwhile again.

LewieP

I wonder if/when they plan to axe PS3/Vita support.

I would have thought that they'd want to add one PSVR title a month before long.

Mikey Jr.

Take that money. Fix the download speeds please!

Going digital is kinda hard when it takes an entire day to download a game.

Gator86

Yup, I had it on PS3 for the games. Have it on PS4 because it's mandatory.

FelipeMGM

Yeah, they just took all the info from here, doesnt mean much

DAimLu-XkAA2xlY.jpg:large

I'd take this entire article with a grain of salt.

Clearly, they don't know what they are talking about.
Yeah, all I'm expecting is more bullshit marketing emails about how Plus provides the best experience for gamers, and a low key blog post on they're realigning the service to be even better... by cutting the monthly games down to a single PS4 mobile port.

dl77

To be honest you can look up any big gaming gossip on google and you can guarantee that The Express will have cobbled an article together from other sites whether the information is accurate or not.

Lucifon

That quote sounds like a whole lot of nothing, and TLOU2 definitely isn't due this year. Seems to be mostly speculation.

68.gif

mclem

While Sony usually reveal their PlayStation 4 Plus lineup in the last week of the month, there is a chance that something could be revealed earlierAnd if nothing materialises on the PlayStation Blog this week, fans can expect a big update by Wednesday, May 31.

Surely if there's anything that's a particular departure from the norm for PS+, it'd be announced at E3, just a few weeks later?

It's not impossible, but this smells like speculation from someone who hasn't considered all the facts.

Edit: In fact, rereading it, I think I know what's happened: They've taken one small rumour and expanded it with a whole bunch of contextual information designed to look like it accompanies the rumour.

Edit2: The Express? Ah. That explains everything.

beastlove

I would imagine they will be keeping one eye on the ms Netflix style model (Xbox game pass?). This has the potential to really shake up the whole business model if successful

The PS+ Games have been kinda shitty for the last few months, I only keep renewing my subscription for online multiplayer and some deals (last Black Friday I destroyed the Playstation store thanks to that). I think they should improve the monthly games or if they continue to offer some lame games, at least the discounts should be more substantial.
Oh my what an innocent child I am, right?

Cudder

TLOU2 free on the service, 1 week earlier than planned retail release date, and only available for customers who buy the yearly subscription.

Kssio_Aug

"PS4 fans are in for a treat in 2017, with exclusive games that include The Last of Us 2 (...)"

Yeah... no. Bullshit. This line alone discredit the entire thing.

Same for me. I do take advantage of sales from time to time but it's the multiplayer requirement.

Top Bottom