• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emo Music |OT| Non-Conforming as Can Be

myco666

Not emo related (I think) but I think some people here might be interested.

One Hidden Frame is coming up with new album and they released a new video from one of the songs. It is melodic punk / skate punk or whatever you want to call it.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Can't believe nobody's mentioned the Graduating Life/Mom Jeans 7" split yet, up on bandcamp:
https://momjeansca.bandcamp.com/

Mom Jeans new tracks are sweeeet, never listened to GL before but after this split I need to. I understand they have the same bassist now but I don't get if the bassist that recorded Best Buds was the same dude? Doesn't sound like him in that Little Elephant set they did anyway...

Cindres

Yeah, that's a great split. Even if Reddit is now calling them Meme Jeans. Fuck it, they're solid.

And here's some punk. Dead Bars. I've been a fan of the splits I've heard from these guys, but now they've finally put out an actual album. Anxious and catchy, direct punk: https://deadbars.bandcamp.com/album/dream-gig

Ahh reddit can get out, they did the same thing to JANK. Awesome new band so they get posted a lot then everyone starts to turn on them just 'cause they get posted a lot.

2 of the best damned albums of last year.

LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW

IF YOU DON"T I QUIT.

At least listen to the song To the Sun

https://grandview.bandcamp.com

LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW
LISTEN TO GRANDVIEW

IF YOU DON"T I QUIT.

At least listen to the song To the Sun

https://grandview.bandcamp.com

Talking to me? Added the album, listened to To the Sun first. Will listen to the rest in a bit. Is far so good!

myco666

New SN is great. Going to check that Grandview later as I am dropping into screamo hole now.

Gotta say that Pianos Become the Teeth is fantastic.

Talking to me? Added the album, listened to To the Sun first. Will listen to the rest in a bit. Is far so good!

I mean partly to you but to everyone lol

New SN is great. Going to check that Grandview later as I am dropping into screamo hole now.

Gotta say that Pianos Become the Teeth is fantastic.

PBTT, La Dispute and Touche are fucking awesome. If you need screamo recs let me know

BUt Lack Long After by Pianos is fucking crushing in the emotional and riff sense

myco666

PBTT, La Dispute and Touche are fucking awesome. If you need screamo recs let me know

BUt Lack Long After by Pianos is fucking crushing in the emotional and riff sense

Yeah those are definitely great bands. Could use some album recommendations on the past couple of years.

Yeah those are definitely great bands. Could use some album recommendations on the past couple of years.

Suis La Lune, Malisa Bahat, The Saddest Landscape, Old Gray, Acres (listen to their EP Acres and shit before more atmospheric screamo but great) and give Crooks a go.

Crooks isn't screamo per-se but damn are they good and they give off that vibe

myco666

Suis La Lune, Malisa Bahat, The Saddest Landscape, Old Gray, Acres (listen to their EP Acres and shit before more atmospheric screamo but great) and give Crooks a go.

Crooks isn't screamo per-se but damn are they good and they give off that vibe

Gone through discographies on most of those bands already haha. Acres and Crooks seem to be something I haven't checked yet so gonna check those.

Sorry, MJ. I'm not feeling Grandview at all. The vocals, specifically. There's this wavering between what sounds like a put-on northern UK accent (?) and, when really giving it, there's this production touch not working for me.

I'm really liking that new SN, though.

Sorry, MJ. I'm not feeling Grandview at all. The vocals, specifically. There's this wavering between what sounds like a put-on northern UK accent (?) and, when really giving it, there's this production touch not working for me.

I'm really liking that new SN, though.

It's okay! You gave them a shot and that's all I was asking for!

The new SN is great. Probably my favourite thing they've done since their first LP. As usual, I feel like the slower/sadder songs are the weakest, though they are much better than the (what I found) awful slow jams on Joy, Departed.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Sorority Noise is so good . . but the vocal mix is so off. Really taking me out of it and I can already tell how much I'd love the lyrics if I could actually hear them.

haveheart

Banned
Gone through discographies on most of those bands already haha. Acres and Crooks seem to be something I haven't checked yet so gonna check those.

Check out the Suis La Lune / Shirokuma split. Really great! Also, take a look at Dog Knights Productions, they're releasing some pretty good screamo / emo stuff.

myco666

Check out the Suis La Lune / Shirokuma split. Really great! Also, take a look at Dog Knights Productions, they're releasing some pretty good screamo / emo stuff.

I've been meaning to order stuff from Dog Knight store for past couple of months but I just keep spending my all my money on various hardcore/beatdown distros. Should really start to vary up what I buy.

edit.

Crooks ain't doing it for me. Love the instrumental work but I don't think the vocalist fits in and his voice has something that I don't really like. I do like Acres though.

C7shyA7VYAARK0N

Now that's a show

Cindres

Well sheeit that's a good lineup, super jealous.

My fancy green splashy Mom Jeans record just got dispatched, finally! Can't wait to spin that and listen for about the 150th time.

Cindres

My Mom Jeans record arrived and I just got a notification that Jeff Rosenstock's coming to the UK!

What a good day :D Playing in the town next to me on a Saturday night, fucking beautiful.

EDIT: Tickets bought, hyyyyyyyyyype.

Has anyone listened to this Remo Drive record? There's some catchy hooks but it's a little fuzzy for my liking.

It sounds like a pretty fun record so far. I like the fuzz but I think it's more successful when they slow it down or have a more complex lick.

When it's just a kinda fuzzy chug guitar riff, it starts to verge on a Nu Metal sound. nausea.emoji

akileese

I don't usually cross post, but I posted this is the Japanese music thread:

So it looks like after nearly 12 months Envy are back? Tetsuya is still not with the band anymore, but it looks like maybe Nobu is doing vocals. They've got a few shows announced, moved their website, and have new merchandise. Let's see where this goes!

It looks like it started about 10 days ago with the reissuing of old records on vinyl. Then there was new merchandise being issued with the tag line "We're Back", which is pretty straight forward. Then they announced a few new shows.

Cindres

And you're going, right?

Oh, and here's something to get you more hyped for Rosenstock, hot off the presses, newest Little Elephant session: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EzxGDSw6AU

I did message a couple of friends (mostly joking) but the closest we'll get is might wander past an hour or so before doors open 'cause I live near the venue. Probably just see thge photos the venue puts up a day or two after.

AHHH ANOTHER LIVE ROSENSTOCK RECORDING. Amazing :D

kiguel182

This Sorority Noise record is so good. No Halo is an amazing opener and the record keeps throwing gut punches and the melodies are awesome.

The themes are less relatable to me but none the less I love it. So good.

Cindres

This Sorority Noise record is so good. No Halo is an amazing opener and the record keeps throwing gut punches and the melodies are awesome.

The themes are less relatable to me but none the less I love it. So good.

I'll admit I find very little of the themes in emo music to be super relatable :p
I guess I appreciate that it means something to the writers..?

Top Bottom