• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Seasons Livestream Reveal this Friday @ Twitchcon 4:30pm PST

jediyoshi

t1508542200z4.png

Toli08

Hope they give us reasons to come back and play this game. At the moment they took everything that was awesome about D1 and turned it full on casual/E-Sports.

Will never understand why they went to 4v4 for all modes. Now it's if you must be in a group of four and just team shoot. Pvp is basically gone from some of the funnest stuff around to one of the most annoying and boring sweat fests. Also bring back the rng roll screen from D1. It was always fun watching the worst player get the best gear. Now there is no reason to stick around after the match.

Hope they come of with major changes because at the moment this game is worse the Vanilla Destiny. Everything you do in the game is basically pointless or so easy that it's made for the casual crowd that only wants to play the story and bail.

Blam

What is the point of these seasons when the Base game still has a shitload of the stuff in Destiny 1 missing.

Where is my Custom Games? Where is quite a shitload of the changes you made to Destiny 1?

Tovarisc

Skepticism is good. Not giving Bungie a free ride anymore.

I'm in day 1 for PC. I know what content there is and I know I will get my moneys worth of enjoyment from it as D1 vet. I'm skeptical about how and if at all they can bridge gaps between e.g. now and DLC release in December.

Spoo

I'm in day 1 for PC. I know what content there is and I know I will get my moneys worth of enjoyment from it as D1 vet. I'm skeptical about how and if at all they can bridge gaps between e.g. now and DLC release in December.

I'm a huge Destiny fan. But I'm also furious at the direction the game has taken, and how so many of my friends have left it for greener pastures already.

If the "true" endgame of Destiny is friends, well, they all left because there's no grind.

Bungie needs to acknowledge their mistakes and do some serious heavy lifting. I know they *can* do it -- it's a question of will they, and in a timely manner.

D2's first Iron Banner was probably the most boringest Iron Banner ever.

I used to look forward to Iron Banner every month in D1, be a Space Wizard and Nova Bomb an entire Fire Team who were capturing Zone B. Chuck some shatter grenades into a crowd and fire into it.

now.. oh oh I'm 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 3 = I die.

in D1, I could survive a 1 vs 3 encounter in PVP.

but in D2, forget about it. It's all gunplay

Let’s see what they got.

Seeing how they did D1 I’m fully expecting “seasons” to be a slightly altered roadmap with things like IB or Trials coming in or out of rotation with maybe a new event or two, betting something PVE related. Probably a pvp patch too to tear up the meta because Bungie lovesssss only having one or two weapon classes viable at a time.

Oh and a influx of palette swapped gear because you know damn well Bungie ain’t putting anything major in here when it can be saved for an expansion. Maybe, MAYBE they will flip the switch on one or two new exotics also.

Prove me wrong, and make this game actually worth playing again Bungie without having to shell out $30.

Strakt

I used to look forward to Iron Banner every month in D1, be a Space Wizard and Nova Bomb an entire Fire Team who were capturing Zone B. Chuck some shatter grenades into a crowd and fire into it.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ArtisticCogentSharkSquadGoals

Toli08

It's actually mind boggling what they did to the pvp. They should of went with a 4v4 for competitive and kept quick play 6v6 and more based on fun and chaos. Instead they decided to chase the Esport crowd that won't come because the game was never designed for that. They turned the whole crucible into a trials sweat fest for no reason.

Zakalwe

Banned

If you can get out of this mindset you can still go on big kill streaks.

Partner up and you can still rampage. Chase assists, not kills. If you do this you can get a really strong rhythm.

I hated D2 pvp at first, now I prefer it considerably.

Still, I wish they'd introduce a 6v6 classic mode... it was a lot of fun and I really miss the larger maps.

Bold One

The current stream on mental health is quite interesting, thread-worthy even.

I don't understand streaming culture and the attachments that viewers have to their broadcasters.

JHall

catering to E-Sport crowd always ruins everything

A game running on P2P hybrid servers, no custom games or customizable options/settings, no spectator mode, clunky movement, glaring balance issues, a radar that allows you to ping players from across the map, and a multitude of others problems.

Just because they made this game 4v4 with high TTKs doesn't mean they catered to the E-Sports crowd. They made these decisions because it's easier to balance weapons and abilities. Plain and simple.

Spoo

Nobody's given them a free ride, The fans are hard if not harder than anyone towards almost everything they do.

I feel like I could certainly be accused of giving them the benefit of the doubt when they are totally undeserving of it. Probably big fans could say they've done the same.

A lot of the really harsh criticisms of Bungie in previous threads came from people who probably put a tenth of the the time big fans put into the game. And their criticisms weren't entirely invalid.

catering to E-Sport crowd always ruins everything
It’s funny as shit because the game is still 30fps and doesn’t have dedis lmao. Talk about not taking your “balanced” and competitive focused pvp seriously.

It’s a loot shooter about super hero space wizards, ninjas, and marines. Fuck balance, this shit needs to embrace the absurdity and go back to being about fun becaus it makes no damn sense for the type of game it is. Shit like Trials should be the exception not the norm for this game.

Is this supposed to be a defense?

Dude probably has a modified or elite controller so he could spam the dodge ability, and the decent nade he got off + the frantic dodging are the reasons he was able to beat down those (2) guys.

In all honesty I’m not that great but I’ve probably pulled off harder shit than that but I’d STILL agree you can’t win 2v1s 3v1s for the most part by outplaying people. You have to have some kind of edge (ability spam, heavy ammo, lucky nade, super, or element of suprise) otherwise you’re just gonna get team shot anytime you approach a situation outnumbered or out of position. It’s nothing like D1 where you could be so mobile and kill so fast that people had a real hard time reacting.

hydruxo

4v4 just sucks. It's slow and monotonous when everyone is using the same handful of autos and scouts. Plus like you said, 4v4 is so oriented around team shooting that if you try to lone wolf it, you're screwed no matter how good you are. In D1, you could go solo in a match all the time and do fine because with 6v6 the fighting was more fragmented. Really wish they never went to 4v4, or at the very least they should've just made it one or two modes and not forced everyone to stick with 4v4 for every mode.

4v4 just sucks. It's slow and monotonous when everyone is using the same handful of autos and scouts. Plus like you said, 4v4 is so oriented around team shooting that if you try to lone wolf it, you're screwed no matter how good you are. In D1, you could go solo in a match all the time and do fine because with 6v6 the fighting was more fragmented. Really wish they never went to 4v4, or at the very least they should've just made it one or two modes and not forced everyone to stick with 4v4 for every mode.

Was completely Unsatisfied with Iron Banner so far. Levels should matter, control should be more team based to capture instead of a single person. I don’t mind the 4v4 because it does focus on seeing where your team is and working together instead of line wolfing it. But I really wish IB could be improved.

Epcott

I hope it’s somethinf substantial. Due to the changes, I’m the only one in my clan still playing. Most have moved on to Fortnite and whatever.

renzolama

please bring back 6v6 in PVP.
please bring back Rumble.
please return Melee and Grenades to Destiny 1 level of fun in PVP

I suspect there's 0% chance of requests 1 and 3 happening ever, but probably a reasonable chance of 2 eventually

Edit: Well, it's possible they'll add back in a 'Mayhem' mode eventually that decreases cooldown speed significantly, so that might actually happen. It doesn't seem likely that they'll go back to 6v6 without a giant expansion / sequel though, that's a network infrastructure issue that would also require a lot of balance / map design considerations.

Froxenblade

Neo Member
All I want is to hear that the tokens/engram drops will be fixed/changed. The drop rates are so horrible right now. I redeemed all three of my characters Iron Banner tokens from the week on one of my characters and still was missing two of the armor pieces. Literally hundreds and hundreds of tokens. I got about 5 of each weapon, and a bunch of miscellaneous crap but the armor drops were few and far between. And when they did drop it was almost always the cloak for me.

misterck

All I want is to hear that the tokens/engram drops will be fixed/changed. The drop rates are so horrible right now. I redeemed all three of my characters Iron Banner tokens from the week on one of my characters and still was missing two of the armor pieces. Literally hundreds and hundreds of tokens. I got about 5 of each weapon, and a bunch of miscellaneous crap but the armor drops were few and far between. And when they did drop it was almost always the cloak for me.

That's how r'n'g works, I never played any iron banner until the Friday and even then I only played enough to earn 24 packages and the only weapon I didn't get was the scout and the only gear piece I didn't get for my hunter was the arms.

What better way to try and keep people playing than to keep that one thing they need from them.

renzolama

That's how r'n'g works, I never played any iron banner until the Friday and even then I only played enough to earn 24 packages and the only weapon I didn't get was the scout and the only gear piece I didn't get for my hunter was the arms.

What better way to try and keep people playing than to keep that one thing they need from them.

There are a lot of better ways to keep people playing

Here's hoping we get something meaningful. I love the game but yeah, I've essentially stopped playing at this point. There isn't really much of anything left for me to do until I guess December when the first expansion hits

GhaleonEB

Stream has started, Deej chairing.

Edit: the two developers are from the Live team, not the expansion team. Wonder if they'll do double duty.

Here's hoping we get something meaningful. I love the game but yeah, I've essentially stopped playing at this point. There isn't really much of anything left for me to do until I guess December when the first expansion hits
I'm in the same boat. Waiting for Osiris.

They mention Iron Banner....yeah they are going to need to do a lot better than that. IB had horrendous armor drop rates and the rewards for getting the 10 drop packages? Just a Emblem.

There needs to be a lot more pull to keep playing than that

Top Bottom