• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals, Discussion, and Nintendo Item Stock Watch 10

Sora_N

My FE is preparing for shipment, I'm not in a rush since I'm sick. The $50 price was too crazy so waiting doesn't matter to me lol.

Mathematics

Neo Member
Got the email late last night saying Amazon still "trying"to get a hold of FEW stuff (game and amiibo). I know Amazon shipping hell, but who the heck is their supplier for Nintendo stuff?

shira

t1508529600z4.png

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/-/11470309.aspx

IceIpor

anyone ordered FE SE from Amazon have their copy shipped?

Got the email late last night saying Amazon still "trying"to get a hold of FEW stuff (game and amiibo). I know Amazon shipping hell, but who the heck is their supplier for Nintendo stuff?

Nothing here. No movement on my order :S

On east coast here. I assume Canada's Amazon stock got shipped to BC first and has to be distributed from there.

Maybe even retailers were hit by Nintendo's wrath for that reviewer leak of Mario & Luigi.
Let's hope Mario and Xenoblade doesn't suffer the same fate.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Play Jackbox 4 with us tonight. :) :)

We need your drawing skills for Civic Doodle.

What time do you guys start?

I've been invited to a friend's house tonight but I'd love to play.

Kyolux

What time do you guys start?

I've been invited to a friend's house tonight but I'd love to play.

9 ET/6 PT (PM)

We usually got for about an hour or so, but it really depends on how long people stick around.

Yeah, around 9, maybe a bit earlier. Also, your friend can join too.

I'm hoping we get to give every game a shot. But we probably won't get to. We'll see I guess. We'd probably need closer to 2 hours to go through the 4.5 games.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
-1 even with the inspect element. Stalled on verified by visa page which eventually went to "does not ship to this address" *shrug*.

Thanks again leeman for the heads up. Much appreciated regardless.

No FE amiibo at my local EB, so I’ll have to wait for Amazon’s botched delivery.

They did have a ton of Zelda amiibos, though. SSB Link, and all the BoTW amiibos, including the Guardian and Zelda.

Also, I GOT A CAPPY! <3

leeman

Yet eb games is having 0 issues...

Well, my assumption is that all retailers received their shipment today. So, anything in-store would be there on day of. But for retailers shipping stuff out, I think all shipping will basically start today whereas I think most retailers used to get stock in advance so they could ship them to customers to receive on the day of. Did anyone's EB order ship before today?

cube444

Visiting my nieces tomorrow and they wanted me to bring the Switch over. Saw an EB Games today at Leslie/York Mills, walked in and bought another Switch.

Plan to surprise them tomorrow. :lol

jholmes

Did Videogameplus' Mississauga location close down?

Their website only mentions the North York Toronto location now.
I am not a big fan of that location's employees although I have not been to the Mississauga store in a long time.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/contact_us.php
https://www.facebook.com/Videogamesplus/

I do not like using their online store for purchases therefore I rather go in person.

Yeah, another video game store is moving in there but the sign on it says it won't open until November.

I went out of my way to stop by that mall on Sunday to pay them a visit, their absence came as a surprise to me too.

killroy87

Visiting my nieces tomorrow and they wanted me to bring the Switch over. Saw an EB Games today at Leslie/York Mills, walked in and bought another Switch.

Plan to surprise them tomorrow. :lol

Haha, the parents will just be like "that was their Christmas gift from us, but thanks for that"

Well, my assumption is that all retailers received their shipment today. So, anything in-store would be there on day of. But for retailers shipping stuff out, I think all shipping will basically start today whereas I think most retailers used to get stock in advance so they could ship them to customers to receive on the day of. Did anyone's EB order ship before today?

Received my SE from eb this morning.

cube444

Haha, the parents will just be like "that was their Christmas gift from us, but thanks for that"

:lol Thanks guys.

They are now 8 and 10 respectively. I got them into Nintendo and it's cute when they tell me stories from school where classmates of them say stuff like:

"Whoa. You're uncle plays Zelda with you? Cool!"

Corey31

Yeah, another video game store is moving in there but the sign on it says it won't open until November.

I went out of my way to stop by that mall on Sunday to pay them a visit, their absence came as a surprise to me too.

It's a second location for We Got Gamez. Their first location is in Ajax. I've been there many times. Good staff, amazing selection, prices are just ok.

SickBoy

The dock is still due next month IIRC.

My only concern is if the controller is 100% safe to use. The Nyko dock was just reported to fry the adapter:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/2934...ch-docking-kit-might-be-bricking-the-switch-c

USB controller should be safe right? Anyone use the controller yet for instance?

Any sort of report like that concerns me in a way that is totally unfounded. For example, I have a Google USB type C charger that I intend to eventually use as a travel charger for my Switch. I know it's probably the safest USB charger going, but even that puts a tiny seed of doubt in my mind.

leeman

Received my SE from eb this morning.

Nice! Well, maybe BB / Amazon just need to get their delivery systems figured out :p. Neither my Amazon or BB orders have even shipped yet... I would probably order more from EB (they always package things nicely) but they ship exclusively from ON and I live in BC so I am guaranteed waiting every time :(

Mr.Mike

http://www.foamforcash.com/

Cash for couches: Class-action foam settlement may net you $20

A few minutes of your time could mean cash in your pocket after a recent out-of-court settlement involving foam-based common household goods like mattresses, couches, chairs and carpet.

The payout stems from a $38-million settlement of class-action lawsuits brought against about a dozen manufacturers of flexible polyurethane foam, alleging that they formed a cartel to fix prices between 1999 and 2012, resulting in consumers paying more than they should have.

Office chairs count.

tsundoku

Legit, they SHIPPED my copy of Destiny 2 on Monday.

Not the Monday before the game. The Monday after. A full fucking week after. I talked to support on Friday, and they legit told me it was because I didn't have Prime. Thats why it was shipped so late.

And guess where they shipped it from? The distribution centre 20 minutes away from me.

Fucking lol.

Its just stupid toys but my chrom and tiki amiibos have apparently been out for a couple days and have no estimated ship date? like what the fuck? I was there when people were posting links that "the mario wedding" ones were up and they hadn't even realized that chrom/tiki were up. And I ordered mine like 10 full minutes before they went out of stock..

On east coast here. I assume Canada's Amazon stock got shipped to BC first and has to be distributed from there.

Maybe even retailers were hit by Nintendo's wrath for that reviewer leak of Mario & Luigi.
Let's hope Mario and Xenoblade doesn't suffer the same fate.

Looks like they're temporarily out of stock. Not like I preordered months in advance to avoid such a scenario or anything.

Oh well, I was planning to finish Nier Automata this weekend if anything.

I don't understand what is so fucked an wrong with their video game department that they can be constantly out of fucking stock on things they already took preorders on. Like. ANY CONSOLE ANY GAME. Its not just nintendo being wrathful? And it doesn't seem to be affecting other retailers?

Taro

Neo Member
Has anyone bought a switch from the U.S Amazon site and had it shipped to Canada? It seems to be cheaper even with the import fees.

Top Bottom