• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how bad is the Switch stock situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
1-2 months of waiting on amazon.fr. Fnac.com can't ship before April 15th. 0_o. I guess they already sold the next batches they'll receive. That sucks as a colleague is leaving my company and we wanted to offer him a Switch. Instead he'll get a gift card, not the same impact :-/

Does anyone know a place where I could find one earlier in France?

thatJohann

Don't buy a Switch unless you want your Joycons unresponsive

I got mine yesterday at Nintendo NY and it's perfect. In love with the thing. Joycon issue is pretty much fixed after the first launch units Nintendo had mentioned so no need to worry about that. The stock from yesterday at Nintendo NY was brand new off the factory so it's all been addressed already.

I got mine yesterday at Nintendo NY and it's perfect. In love with the thing. Joycon issue is pretty much fixed after the first launch units Nintendo had mentioned so no need to worry about that. The stock from yesterday at Nintendo NY was brand new off the factory so it's all been addressed already.

I assume all Nintendo NY had was grey, right?

Local retailer here in Portland, ME still hasn't got their pre-order shipment completely fulfilled... think they had a dozen pre-ordered and have only seen like seven. I'm almost done Zelda on Wii U by now so no reason to buy one at this point.

I think they're likely to sell more Joycons if people can only get their hands on the grey switch bundle

Doubt that's the thinking. Main reason probably is it's a lot quicker and easier to just produce one sku when they're trying to catch up with demand. So all the extra units being produced will be grey, while the pre-planned shipments will contain both sku's

Alchemy

Wondering how bad lines will be at Best Buy today before it opens, think maybe just camping out online and trying to get one that goes up at 10am PST would be safer?

kris.

Banned
Is iStockNow reliable at all? It says there's 10 grey and 2 red/blue consoles at a Wal-Mart 20ish minutes away from me. I might run there on my lunch break and see if I can snag one.

Futureman

I thought you got one at Best Buy? or did they cancel your order or something?

Either way sounds like more and more people have been able to grab a Switch. I got mine on Sunday and I'm about 10 hours into Zelda and loving it.

Same here dude (got mine at Best Buy in NYC). It feels so great. Love the thing. Just wish there was a better library out there right now. Zelda is incredible but I'd love a good short time game (not sure Binding of Isaac is that game for me, seems a bit pricey at $40).

AU Tiger

That brickseek inventory thing is not accurate

Several stores it shows with them in stock but each one I've called or been to in the last few days have not had any.

Gamestop has guys waiting for delivery each morning and are buying them all and scalping on craigslist/ebay.

:/

Best buy Lansing Michigan just put out 7 Nintendo switches I'm checking them all as I visit them for work today will keep my fellow Michigan people updated.

Tubie

That brickseek inventory thing is not accurate

Several stores it shows with them in stock but each one I've called or been to in the last few days have not had any.

Gamestop has guys waiting for delivery each morning and are buying them all and scalping on craigslist/ebay.

:/

I hope not all of them are scalpers :(

Sadly, If scalpers are willing to do that, it means they have been able to sell them at a markup consistently.

This holiday season is gonna be absolute madness, specially if they don't delay Mario.

I just hope Nintendo ramps up production as much as they possibly can.

Charadis

I thought you got one at Best Buy? or did they cancel your order or something?

Either way sounds like more and more people have been able to grab a Switch. I got mine on Sunday and I'm about 10 hours into Zelda and loving it.

I think he got another one yesterday, the first one had joycon issue, and misaligned serial sticker?

Bumhead

Banned
I've been out of the country for a few days but the situation in the U.K. still seems dog shit.

Amazon, Argos and Smyths are all drawing a constant blank for me.. although I believe I missed fleeting glimpses of stock at Amazon and Argos.

rj118

Meijer (OH, IN, IL, MI, WI) seems to be gearing up for a big Sunday restock. Employees at two separate stores said they'd be holding stock until then so that it coincides with the upcoming ad.

Sadly, If scalpers are willing to do that, it means they have been able to sell them at a markup consistently.

This holiday season is gonna be absolute madness, specially if they don't delay Mario.

Prices have gone down on the Grey Swtiches, consistent with the constant restock happening over the past two weeks, possibly for the end of the fiscal year. Neon prices have stayed about the same though. But yeah, this holiday is gonna be madness. Grab one now or in the summer if you are planning of getting the Switch this year. The holidays will be the worse time to get them.

Alchemy

Meijer (OH, IN, IL, MI, WI) seems to be gearing up for a big Sunday restock. Employees at two separate stores said they'd be holding stock until then so that it coincides with the upcoming ad.

Interesting, when I called a Walmart on Monday they said to check back on April 2nd. Looks like thats probably when the big restock is landing then.

The Best Buy I went to last night at 7 PM had 2 switches out, plus a sign that said switch in stock ask associate. Was surprised to see them still for sale so late in the evening.

But yeah, this holiday is gonna be madness. Grab one now or in the summer if you are planning of getting the Switch this year. The holidays will be the worse time to get them.

That's my logic for buying now( well, as soon as possible) as opposed to waiting till Mario comes out. I'm going to wait Mario right on launch and I expect hell trying to get a Switch during the holidays. Maybe there's the possibility of missing out on a bundle( like including 1,2 Switch as they should have to being with) but I couldn't give less of a fuck about that game even if it was free.

Falchion

Nintendo NY sold out of wristbands through at least tomorrow and another long line is expected then. I'm walking up to the Best Buy on 86th where some people from Gaf were able to grab some yesterday.

TS-08

Not to mention if the Pokémon Stars rumor is true, and/or they do a bundle of some kind.

Got a call from GameStop saying my bundle had come in, but it turned out they had just sent the Zelda guide earlier and in a huge box. Almost wish I had have waited on another normal shipment to Target or GameStop as they don't even have a tracking number for my Switch (apparently they sent the games separate as well).

chekhonte

Got a call from GameStop saying my bundle had come in, but it turned out they had just sent the Zelda guide earlier and in a huge box. Almost wish I had have waited on another normal shipment to Target or GameStop as they don't even have a tracking number for my Switch (apparently they sent the games separate as well).

I ordered one of those bundles also and it took a full week before my switch shipped.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
MK8D bundle will likely come when sales need a shot in the arm, but I think it's still too early for a bundle.

lol I dont see that happening at all. They do bundles to amp up the demand. But demand is already high right now. Releasing a bundle now would be like throwing gasoline on a fire.

TS-08

You guys do realize I was talking about the holidays right? We don't know that Switches are going to continue to fly off the shelves until then. Although I agree their holiday lineup could be strong enough and demand could still be high enough that it isn't warranted.

Ottaro

I bought mine from the toys r us restock last saturday. Not a launch unit and it had constant desyncing issues. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom