• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Next COD is Indeed Called COD: WWII

Abelard

I hope they do something more interesting for the campaign then the usual Stalingrad/D-Day/Berlin thing. I would love a Campaign that entirely chronicles the 6 week defeat of France, or maybe the Canadian liberation of the Netherlands. Something more obscure, personal and intimate.

EBreda

I hope they do something more interesting for the campaign then the usual Stalingrad/D-Day/Berlin thing. I would love a Campaign that entirely chronicles the 6 week defeat of France, or maybe the Canadian liberation of the Netherlands. Something more obscure, personal and intimate.

I'm sure your character will face inevitable defeat in one of the scenarios. Just like BF1. Coincidentally.

antonz

Its going to have been 9 years since the last WWII game. As was said earlier there are going to be a ton of people who never even played the original Games who think Modern and future era are what the series has always been about.

Have a good mix of old battles and introduce some new ones etc. and I am all in. What would be really ideal is a Blend of European Theater and Pacific Theater. Very different wars

purg3

slept with Malkin
I'm ready to go back. Only concern is a retread on all of the major battles that have been done to death. It would be cool to see them on current gen tech, but I hope they do something different.

This is literally the only thing they could of done to convince me to buy a COD game.
Last one I owned was the first Black Ops. Cant wait for some WW2 COD

HoodWinked

i wonder if the ww2 setting might be where publishers are listening to the loud minority of gamers that want the older setting. and maybe most people just want the modern setting stuff.

but publishers/developers are put in a tough spot because the game has to start development 2-3 years ahead of their release so its very difficult the gauge what the audience may want then.

Its gonna be really interesting if we get to play as axis soldiers, as well as the British.

I'm really curious how this game would be vs WaW though. WaW with similar maps but more balanced perks and weapons could be good.

I don't quite understand the complaints about having had enough of WW2 games. Those particular things that were common in the games we got makes more sense, but there are so, so many locations, battles, vehicles, weapons etc that could be included that we haven't seen before. Surely we must have had more modern-day themed games than WW2 games by now, though?

3Dprinted

Neo Member
I'll buy only COD:WW2 Legacy Edition - if it comes bundled with Modern Warfare 2 i'm in, otherwise i'll pass. I could even buy a season pass only for the former, those streaks... best fps of a generation!

Salz01

I can't wait. We need a current gen WW2 shooter. Always wondered how it would look. BF1, came close to the period style but for me personally fell short. And we need to get away from stupid jump pack shit.

Top Bottom