• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coachella 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjkeats

You can hear the noise from other stages while watching something at a certain stage? That's pretty bad.

The year Kanye West played, I was watching the stream and She Wants Revenge were about to start about halfway through Kanyes set, so I switched over for a second to and they were still setting up. You could hear the beat in the background.

McNei1y

Coachella definitely isn't worth it imo. It's pretty miserable. Just watch the stream in civilization and save the money for when some of these bands roll through your city.

Watching the Of Monsters and Men set right now. Pretty damn good. Just found out they are playing Fox Theater in Oakland soon, but it's already sold out =/

I watched that set late last night. They're really awesome. I've already purchased a ticket to see them in June. Also, Nanna is cute.

Linius

The best part about Of Monsters and Men is that trumpet girl they bring with them when playing gigs, she's a stunning lady. They're a fun band to see live.

Coachella definitely isn't worth it imo. It's pretty miserable. Just watch the stream in civilization and save the money for when some of these bands roll through your city.

Watching the Of Monsters and Men set right now. Pretty damn good. Just found out they are playing Fox Theater in Oakland soon, but it's already sold out =/

Coachella is cool if you want to tragically limp around and get dehydrated fast and listen to garbage indie bands

McNei1y

The best part about Of Monsters and Men is that trumpet girl they bring with them when playing gigs, she's a stunning lady. They're a fun band to see live.

Which reminds me, why do a lot of bands bring people on tour with them but don't consider them in the band? Like that trumpet girl for instance. She's been with them at every live show but they don't consider her part of the band.

Gorillaz

Didn't some guy say he was gonna buy tickets after seeing that screencap of hot girls on the stream? Maybe some guys got false hopes.

I think I said something about it in a joking way yesturday lol

but if Gorillaz came back and did a show at Coachella?

And Daft Punk was there as well?

Shiiiiit you best believe I would be looking up ticket prices.

Mainly for Gorillaz because I heard how it's a true experience hearing them have an orchestra and band going at the same time.

Linius

Which reminds me, why do a lot of bands bring people on tour with them but don't consider them in the band? Like that trumpet girl for instance. She's been with them at every live show but they don't consider her part of the band.

I think it's because one of the actual band members plays these parts on record but it would be too much for them to play it live. Just like some bands add an extra bass player to their live line-up to spice things up.

Personally I find it one of the most joyful experiences ever, but to each their own

Coachella is cool if you want to tragically limp around and get dehydrated fast and listen to garbage indie bands
I honestly don't even know where this is coming from. I don't know how you can look at the lineup and call it just garbage indie bands.

Gorillaz

Bands don't roll through my city >_>

See this is where I can kind of see a reason to pass on Coachella. On the Rap/hip hop side of things we have the usual lil Wayne, Nicki, Drake, 2 Chainz, Wiz and Big Sean, come through within the past 2 years along with Kendirck Lamar and Steve Aoki last Thrusday which was cool and2 weeks ago we had Muse (kind of regret not going)

The one thing I do like about Music fests like Coachella is that all of the other bands or bigger guys. Like Major Lazer and other electronic groups. That shit is what I would definitely go to see.

So the best part of this highly acclaimed band is some skanky bile inducing trumpet girl?

Obvious-troll-is-obvious-atsof-17301744-702-475.jpg

Daeda

As an European frequenting both concerts and festivals I really have to disagree. First of all al lot of these acts barely perform on solo concerts, and if they do, getting tickets tends to be difficult. This may be more true for us Europeans (where American music reaches our shores more easily than the other way around.. really, shame on you USA for not knowing Blur).

Secondly, when you want to see a lot of bands, festivals tend to be cheaper than to buy tickets for each act you really want to see. Plus you get a bonus.

But most importantly, the entire festival mindset is one of the best feelings in the world. Goint to a concert, its just an event.. you go there, you watch it, you go back. Festivals are multiple days of living in another world. The experience of being at one is impossible to capture with a livestream.

Anyway, Coachella seems like an awesome festival and Id visit if it wasnt so far from The Netherlands. Though, as an European, I really don't understand why you need a dedicated bar area.

As an European frequenting both concerts and festivals I really have to disagree. First of all al lot of these acts barely perform on solo concerts, and if they do, getting tickets tends to be difficult. This may be more true for us Europeans (where American music reaches our shores more easily than the other way around.. really, shame on you USA for not knowing Blur).

Secondly, when you want to see a lot of bands, festivals tend to be cheaper than to buy tickets for each act you really want to see. Plus you get a bonus.

But most importantly, the entire festival mindset is one of the best feelings in the world. Goint to a concert, its just an event.. you go there, you watch it, you go back. Festivals are multiple days of living in another world. The experience of being at one is impossible to capture with a livestream.

Anyway, Coachella seems like an awesome festival and Id visit if it wasnt so far from The Netherlands. Though, as an European, I really don't understand why you need a dedicated bar area.
yep, this guy gets it

and I think it's to prevent all the underaged kids from getting alcohol. It's just easier to separate it all out

Vice

Coachella is cool but the food prices are terrible. Too bad tickets sell out in minutes now or I would have gone this year.

Linius

Yep, you're totally right.

The heat alone in Indio makes it not worth it. Most people attending are staying at the cheap camp grounds and smell like shit. The heat again doesn't help this. Trying to enjoy a concert in these conditions doesn't work for me. GA tickets are also about $400 not including travel and food costs for the entire weekend. For $400 alone I can probably go to 6 or so concerts with most of these Coachella bands passing through the bay area. I'll pass.

And who the hell doesn't know who Blur is?

123rl

Anyone watching Gaslight on the stream now? Fantastic performance so far but I'ce seen them live 3 times now and they are one of the absolute best live bands

123rl

I really don't like the new album compared to their first two releases. It's a shame that they hardly play anything from Sink Or Swim now. It's like they're ashamed to play that album

sweet American slang is starting now, hope im not to late into their set.

YES , i also plan on seeing them live on wedneday for the first time in years!

Cool, where is it? I saw them in October at Manchester. They were there again last month but I missed out on tickets

I really don't like the new album compared to their first two releases. It's a shame that they hardly play anything from Sink Or Swim now. It's like they're ashamed to play that album

Cool, where is it? I saw them in October at Manchester. They were there again last month but I missed out on tickets

i loved Handwritten , different, but i enjoyed the hell out of it, and they are playing at the Neptune theater in Seattle, WA.

i loved Handwritten , different, but i enjoyed the hell out of it, and they are playing at the Neptune theater in Seattle, WA.

Oh crap thats not sold out yet?? I might have to go see them. Seen them once a couple years back at the Sodo, pretty damn good live show.
Going to see Bad Religion, The Bronx and Polar Bear Club tomorrow night.

btrboyev

Oh crap thats not sold out yet?? I might have to go see them. Seen them once a couple years back at the Sodo, pretty damn good live show.

Polar bear club are really fun.

Gaslight Anthem are not good live, and IMO Sink or Swim is their only great album.

dosnt look like it sold out yet, and last time i saw them was at the showbox in 08/09.

You can say that about a lot of things

Is there any reason to buy "insert something not essential for survival" unless you got money to blow?

Uhh...

I mean does anyone have first hand experience with it and are the perks worth it? I'm not trying to get into the philosophy of it all just value for money. A lot of times people call something VIP just to lure suckers to pay more.

Polar bear club are really fun.

Gaslight Anthem are not good live, and IMO Sink or Swim is their only great album.

PBC is the only band I haven't seen live. Both BR and The Bronx are good live, with The Bronx being more of a clusterfuck live (in a good way) than Bad Religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom