• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASIS

I usually want to come here after a session to discuss the game, but really so much shit happens I don't even know where to start.

Okay, here goes:

1) Akalla (or however it is spelled) is drop dead gorgeous. Might be the best area in the game so far.

2) I completed a labyrinth today, I thought it was better than Eventide Island, and eventide was amazing to begin with. Yeah I had a lot of fun.

3) Guardians
are so satisfying to kill with the ancient arrows. Now for revenge

4) I'm so broke, I keep buying arrows when I should be saving up money for tons of things.

5) 54 Shrines completed so far, about halfway through. I kind of don't want it to end. Going for the second divine beast tomorrow
in death mountain.

6) The story is actually really nice, very tragic, which I honestly did not expect. On that note, I have to say I really like how they handled the story. filling bits and pieces is awesome!

I have so much more but these will have to do for now. What a game!

oh. i was sneaking up on him to maybe jump on him and stab him in the heart, but it hadn't really occurred to me to just not fight him at all. i guess the cutscene intro kind of does lead into that. 🤔

I've just been trying to avoid avoiding enemies because i need to get better at combat. thanks guys.

jchap

oh. i was sneaking up on him to maybe jump on him and stab him in the heart, but it hadn't really occurred to me to just not fight him at all. i guess the cutscene intro kind of does lead into that. 🤔

I've just been trying to avoid avoiding enemies because i need to get better at combat. thanks guys.

If you have Stasis upgraded he is trivial

Joqu

Is there a way to track korok seeds anyway? With as many as there are the sensor function would be fair, finding them all would still be a ridiculous task. But I don't think you can do that?

bomblord1

Banned
Is there a button to drop weapons? I'm always stacked full of weapons, but when I make enemies drop weapons I wanna pick their weapon up, then immediately throw it at their heads to break it as a denial method.

Not sure if it's quite what you are wanting but if you use the quick select and scroll all the way to the left it completely de-equips your weapon and that makes the next one you pick up your primary. You need an open inventory slot though.

Thud

OK so I'm trying to collect
electrified
arrows so i can do the dungeon. but this fucking
Minotaur
destroys me on sight. i have six heart containers and I've tried a few different strategies.. he one-shots me instantly.

what do i do

Fight him.

Bring food.

Numb

Throws boomerang at one of those giant sleeping trolls
Hits and just falls to the ground
Starts raining and lighting is attracted where it fell
Runs around and troll goes near it and is hit with lightning then dies

Raven117

That
game pad
puzzle is pissing me the fuck off.

I don't have patience for this shit.
Its horrible. I knew what puzzle it was before i even clicked your spoiler.

There are ways to essentially move the board around where the ball drops in the last little alleyway,

Is there a way to track korok seeds anyway? With as many as there are the sensor function would be fair, finding them all would still be a ridiculous task. But I don't think you can do that?

They all follow the same sort of pattern. It gets kind of easy to spot them once you know where they usually are. It's gotten to the point where I can generally pin point where one is even if I'm looking at the area from a decent distance.

Someone I think wrote a mini-guide on what to look out for, but I can't find it.

How does the game sort your weapons?
I do not see any pattern. Type? pick up order? dmg?

No idea. I wish it sorted by damage, but it doesn't. It appears to be entirely arbitrary.

KayMote

Wow, I got very lucky today! I accidentally stumbled upon a pure white horse, which I loved at sight so I tamed it only to see that it was part of a sidequest that I totally forgot about! Furthermore I found another memory just by pure luck without the intention of searching for it! :D

Deku Tree

Once you get the set bonus for the
Ancient Armor
then ++
Ancient
Weapons are much more OP than even the Master Sword. Two hits vs. One hit to destroy a guardian octopus leg.

Completed my first Divine Beast (Vah Ruta). Pretty short overall, kind of like a bunch of shrines mashed together, but the puzzles were pretty clever. The Divine Beast being one hundred percent seamless with the outside world was genuinely pretty impressive to me. I was expecting to "enter" it like a Shrine with a loading screen and what not, but it entirely takes place in the actual working innards of a giant moving robot, which feels very real.

The boss was pretty cool, though I don't know what kind of
Ganons
these developers have been looking at because that was no
Ganon

KHlover

Banned
Ancient Armor
then ++
Ancient
Weapons are much more OP than even the Master Sword. Two hits vs. One hit to destroy a guardian octopus leg.

Yup, Those weapons tear through everything like tissue paper with the armor bonus.
Kinda want to see the damage an Ancient Arrow shot by an Ancient Bow does against Calamity Ganon with that armor equipped.

Really disappointed by my first dungeon. I appreciate that they wanted the dungeon to be naturally integrated into the world but for the most part it felt like a bundle of obtuse, and largely independent puzzles. I didn't feel that it was well designed at all. I'm talking about the
T Zora Dungeon

The whole dungeon featured 3 floors, and only a couple of fights. The boss fight was trivial but irritating during its last phase because I didn't have the appropriate resources to kill it easily.

Not to mention, unlike previous Zelda games the boss itself wasn't contextualised to the theme or environment, just a generic, if unique enemy.

Why bother with dungeons if they are just going to feel like a couple of shrines sewn together?

Kinsei

Banned
Completed my first Divine Beast (Vah Ruta). Pretty short overall, kind of like a bunch of shrines mashed together, but the puzzles were pretty clever. The Divine Beast being one hundred percent seamless with the outside world was genuinely pretty impressive to me. I was expecting to "enter" it like a Shrine with a loading screen and what not, but it entirely takes place in the actual working innards of a giant moving robot, which feels very real.

Ganons
Ganon

I figured that it was just
an essence of Ganon and not just a clone ala Phantom Ganon.

I do wish you could drop Bows and Shields without going into your inventory screen. Like, maybe they could have let you press a button when opening the quick inventory to drop something.

h0tp0ck3t

Ancient Armor
then ++
Ancient

Sweet I got the
pants
already. Time to work on the rest

13ruce

Banned

Ganons
Ganon

i find it pretty cool that ganon fuses together with guardians using Shiekah tech against the world

Vecks

Where does the Korok guy go to I have so many seeds to give

I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but for me, after my first encounter with him, I saw him at two different stables, heading north up central hyrule. At the second stable, I had him upgrade stuff, and then he told me he finally remembered where the forest was and went there.

ekim

Any hint for the
death mountain
dungeon?
How can I get the blue flame up to the marble?

guek

Banned
Korok seeds are so well done. Not only are they a worthwhile reward that keeps you invested in exploring as much as possible, the actual mini puzzles are so varied and fun to seek out. I love the fact that you can earn them in such varied ways. Most games, including previous Zelda games, place such collection quests behind identical tasks that eventually become tedious. I haven't had the problem with Korok seeds at all.

Red

What the heck does this button in Hyrule castle do. The one in the Guard chambers.

It looks like the pattern on the floor with the two torches. And the torches seem maybe like they would be a puzzle. But nothing changes when I press the button.

bomblord1

Banned
So apparently there was a Twitch Streamer today who was playing BOTW and fighting the final boss.

A blood moon happened and he revived at full health.

You can fight him, that's what I did, but I had played a LOT of the game and amassed a solid collection of weapons by the time I fought him, which he still managed to burn through most of. The game wants you to sneak around and just grab the arrows, and get out.

13ruce

Banned
So apparently there was a Twitch Streamer today who was playing BOTW and fighting the final boss.

A blood moon happened and he revived at full health.

Wat that is pretty cool actually.
The detail in this game is insane...
It makes sense tho the blood moon is when Ganon is at top power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom