• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Thread of Scans, News and SSBB Bionic Commando XBLA/PSN

ethelred said:
Enjoying all the new trailers Square's been releasing for it? All the prior news blowouts? Cause the next one's going to be the best yet!

eh, who says Im holding out any hope...I can wait, although I would like to see a little of what to expect. They are pretty much hyping the game like studios do for a blockbuster movies

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Riskbreaker23 said:
so valkyrie of the battlefield has magic in it or is that a different game?

That is the villain girl (maybe a general of some kind) shown in the trailers.

Speaking of that, I want direct scans of Valkyrie of the Battlefield dammit. DigiCam shots don't do it enough justice.

duckroll

mclem said:
At the risk of being a big old killjoy...

Is there confirmation of *which* Bionic Commando is being remade? 'cause there's more than one. There's the NES one, which is the one everyone seems to remember with such fondness... but there's also the arcade game, which is... held in significantly less regard.

Licensing issues *may* mean that they're looking into remaking the arcade version rather than the NES one - look at Contra XBLA, for instance. I wouldn't get your hopes up too high just yet. (Of course, if there's conclusive proof that they're doing the NES version, then I take all this back)

It's a remake of the NES/Famicom version, done by GRIN, supervised by Ben Judd. It will include new hidden areas and connections to the new game. The reason why we know it's the NES/FC version is because it's a remake entitled "Bionic Commando Master D Revival Project" including Nazi imagery and all. The arcade version had none of those.

http://ruliweb2.empas.com/ruliboard/read.htm?num=37427&table=game_ps04&main=ps

Jiggy

At least the Star Ocean 2 "art style" change didn't ruin Ashton and Dias as much as it ruined Rena and Claude. Now to just hope Precis turns out reasonably okay so I can mostly enjoy the little emotion face things they added. (Which are a very nice touch.)

Enk

makes good threads.
BionicSweetness.gif

Here's the shot from the magazine. I'm really glad Capcom is still pushing on with their 2.5d games despite the dismal sales of Mega Man. Does this mean there will be other remakes from them in the horizon? (Mega Man 2 Powered Up please with sugar and sprinkles)

Grivenger said:
Dengeki will also have big FFXIII news in the next issue, and so will EGM too (yes, an American mag). So it seems like SE is about to start hyping the game. The last time western mags got news from SE at the same time JP mags was with... The Last Remnant.

ruhoh.gif

mclem

duckroll said:
It's a remake of the NES/Famicom version, done by GRIN, supervised by Ben Judd. It will include new hidden areas and connections to the new game. The reason why we know it's the NES/FC version is because it's a remake entitled "Bionic Commando Master D Revival Project" including Nazi imagery and all. The arcade version had none of those.

My worries are no more.

tetsuoxb

Enk said:
BionicSweetness.gif

Here's the shot from the magazine. I'm really glad Capcom is still pushing on with their 2.5d games despite the dismal sales of Mega Man. Does this mean there will be other remakes from them in the horizon? (Mega Man 2 Powered Up please with sugar and sprinkles)

WTF!? There are 2 people using wires in that screenshot!

tetsuoxb said:
WTF!? There are 2 people using wires in that screenshot!
Co-OP? Niiice. Looking forward to this hitting the Playstation Store. :D

Bionic Commando Remake Set for PS3
Downloadable remake to precede new Bionic Commando title.
by IGN Staff

US, January 16, 2008 - We'd have settled for just one Bionic Commando game this year, but it turns out that Capcom has more on the way! The latest issue of Famitsu has a first look at Bionic Commando: Master D Revival Plan, a 3D remake of the original Bionic Commando (known in Japan as Hitler's Revival).

Aside from the 3D visuals, the game promises to maintain the flavor of the original title, which presumably means pure side-scrolling gameplay. Capcom is adding a simultaneous two player mode, secret areas, and some elements that will connect the classic title to the new full 3D Bionic Commando.

The Bionic Commando remake will be released as a paid download through Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation Store. Pricing hasn't been set, but a Japanese release is planned for this Spring.

Souther

Banned
Ahhhhhh yes. Bionic Commando. Best NES game ever.

Maybe they can add a hidden game where you play a german solider infiltrating the US on a mission to assassinate Joe.

"Bad" guys have to win sometimes.

HOLY SHIT BIONIC COMMANDO POWERED UP

No6

Pureauthor said:
Insufficient people are getting excited about the only worthwhile news in this thread:
I still haven't finished the first one. Hell, I haven't even made it past Timberwulf or whatever the boss on L5 is.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Oh good it's a remake of the correct version of Bionic Commando.
Day one.

I absolutely love the NES Bionic Commando. It's one of my favorite games of all time. I can't wait for this and I hope they do the game and music justice.

I, for one, am glad that this is coming to XBLA/PSN and not one of the portable systems. I want to enjoy this on the big screen (DX Chronicles on PSP is great but honestly I think we all would have preferred it in HD on PSN)

Teknoman

Enk said:
I'm really glad Capcom is still pushing on with their 2.5d games despite the dismal sales of Mega Man. Does this mean there will be other remakes from them in the horizon? (Mega Man 2 Powered Up please with sugar and sprinkles)

Would be nice. Though I do like portable 2.5D titles more than anything, i'd snatch a XBLA/PSN/Wiiware Megaman Powered Up series game in a second (or any other good 2.5d game remake for that matter).

Vrolokus

Banned
duckroll said:

Had a bunch of stuff on my to-do list today, but just cancelled it all for a fapathon.

LiveWire

I AM JOHN! said:

breakin.gif

Snowball

Banned
Please japanese Famitsu readers, tell me that from the review, you can read that new Winning Eleven Ubiquitous (PSP) supports WIFI online play....

:O

Top Bottom