• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel announces Iron Fist season 2

dy42J9s.jpg

jwk94

Even if the show got a new showrunner, that would mean I'd have to watch season 1. Not sure if I could do that.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
No thank you, the lead is just awful, he can't act for shit and ruins the show. This is the only Marvel show I don't enjoy.

Colleen and Harold were the best parts about Season 1 imo.

Biggest problem was the script. It was ROUGH. If they can even just fix that it would go a long way towards improving the show

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The show deserves a second season before we all write it off.

There is plenty of good stuff to build on.

The show needs 26 hours before people make up their minds? Nah

Even looking at the other Netflix Marvel shows, they might not have the budget to pull off Iron Fist. They all have to film in NY, CG is minimal across the board, and all the sets and costumes are boilerplate at best. As much as I dislike Gotham, at least it excels with its sets and costumes while filming in New York. Makes me think that even with a change in showrunner, Iron Fist would stay how it is.

Cuburt

The could have put resources towards a Daughters of the Dragon show or a Heroes for Hire show but, nope, Danny fucking Rand.

Shoeless

I think they can save it. I agree with the sentiment that Iron Fist is the weakest of the individual Defenders series so far, but there were still a few decent seeds here and there for something that could be interesting.

As long as they make the Danny Rand character actually grow and change, and do something worthwhile with Colleen Wing, this series can recover. If Danny Rand continues to remain the same as in season 1, then I'll walk away.

DrSlek

I'll give it a go. I love fractions Iron First that much that I want to stick with this in the hopes that it'll be good eventually.

Is Marvel aware of how poorly received this show was among the fandom? Or am I being misled by the GAF echo chamber? (iron Fist is the only MCU visual media I have not watched)

It was poorly received, but viewership was likely up in comparison to some of the other shows. Iron Fist was probably the easiest sell after Daredevil, being a martial arts adventure on the tin.

I'm down for second season if:

- No Buck, new showrunner who gets the character. (Let RZA do it.)
- Better writing
- Spend some actual time on choreography. A ton of time.

Cuburt

Hey, they could have even gave Shang Chi a show as a way to "reboot" Iron Fist with a way more kung fu focused show making better overall decisions from the beginning, but, nope, Danny fuckin Rand.

Shang Chi wasn't even in the first season, was he?

It was poorly received, but viewership was likely up in comparison to some of the other shows. Iron Fist was probably the easiest sell after Daredevil, being a martial arts adventure on the tin.

- Better writing

I still don't get how the choreography is so bad after stuff like Daredevil. Does Marvel's Netflix division not share talent between shows?

LotusHD

Banned
sounds like enough people watched it.

i'm alright with it getting a second chance for the critics.

i mean Gotham and AOS were garbage and apparently ya'll comic book show guys like those shows now ;)

AoS ain't garbage, and in previous seasons was never as bad as IF was. Also Coulson > Danny

Episode 1: Misty Knight shows up, she and Colleen Wing beat the living crap out of Danny Rand.

Remaining 12 episodes: DAUGHTERS OF THE DRAGON.

Please this...

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I skipped season 1 because I let gaf's venom influence me. Then I remembered gaf is wrong about almost everything and put it back on my queue. Might be time to watch it.

I still don't get how the choreography is so bad after stuff like Daredevil. Does Marvel's Netflix division not share talent between shows?

I think the rumor was production of Iron Fist was like crazy rushed and put together kinda at the last minute. If that's true it could go a long way in explaining some of the issues (though Buck is obviously a big part of the blame as well)

LotusHD

Banned
I skipped season 1 because I let gaf's venom influence me. Then I remembered gaf is wrong about almost everything and put it back on my queue. Might be time to watch it.

I mean, there's definitely a good chance you'll have much, much lowered expectations at the very least lol

Our "venom" (I mean, it got panned outside of GAF lol) would still be justified nonetheless.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ugh they know what they're doing with throwing Misty Knight in this. Guess I'm in. :/

you mean putting the character that has a long storied relation with Danny in the show? Yes, how dare they

Hot Garbage S2

Bring it, my partner and I watched it Mystery Science Theater Style.

Pro-tip: reimagine all scenes of the siblings being played by Kristin Wiig and Fred Armisen.

shaowebb

Not unsalvageable. Put him in a fucking mask ASAP though so you can body double out the shitty can't fake it actor from fight scenes. AND FOR FUCKS SAKE STOP TRYING TO HAVE HIM QUOTE OLD SAYINGS...Danny sounds like an idiot.

Just have him struggling to figure out what he should be doing and if its right. Thats the best you can hope for. He left Kun Lun to die, he's dating someone from The Hand and his company bank rolled them. Only thing that worked for him is that he only seems certain of his role in a fight. His role is to win. All else disappears. Make him train to be stronger and just turn it into that sorta thing. Him trying to figure out the Iron Fist powers and what it does. At least then the audience will get some effects to look forward to. If theres no one to fight, then just make him have scenes of using his powers in training to fill out episodes with action. Works in kung fu cinema all the time while you world build and set the stage of villains. Get strong, find out who you are along the way. Try to do the best you can, but question what your role is and whether its just or not. Martial arts protagonists are usually just training and showing action that way. They are entirely reactionary creatures and function best that way. Doubt your limits, face them, push beyond. The end. The villains stack odds, you build up him growing stronger, then the two meet and the audience is eager to see which force was strongest. Doesn't need to go too far from that old tried and true formula to work.

Danny is an awkward character. He works best thrown in the deep end and forced to fight opponents who are built up MUCH MORE THAN HIM. He is only made interesting by his supporting cast. The drunkard he fought was great. Bring up the other kingdoms. Have him targeted. Have the focus on building up cool villains. He'll be defined by that and how he reacts to what they put him through. He didn't work out last time for multiple reasons but he can be fixed.

hydruxo

They just need to get rid of Scott Buck and the show could potentially be turned into something decent to good. Finn was fine, just some bad writing overall.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

- Better writing
I don't know if I can trust RZA with a full length anything in 2017.

Top Bottom