• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ace has it ready. You like to jump the gun. :p

Late march/april my posting will slow down considerably I predict, because of finals.

Bravestarr_snickering.gif

z0m3le

Banned
http://epiccountdown.com/2011/wii-u-release-e3-2012 85 days till E3, Can't wait...

Ace if you keep the OP updated with new info in the next thread, I'll try to help you out if i see anything missing... I've read 380+ pages of this thread, and usually read every post. (since I'm at work usually when I'm on here) but yes, that would hopefully keep us on topic.

If anyone has a new thread ready let me know. If not I will do it.

ace is doing it.

I've got some freelance work for the next 6 weeks starting tomorrow, so my posting is going to be super slowed for those weeks. I'll just have to come back stronger, after.
KuGsj.gif

Gisk

Banned
I still like this design that Nibel made a long time ago:

wiiuosl6krp.png

I like this, but the designer in me says there's too much empty space on the left, unless the tiles are supposed to scroll past your mii.

The Wii U should just take the wii menu and make it so that the "channels" are re-sizable, and add folders. Its a pretty capable interface already, and is much better overall than the current 360 dashboard.

Super hyped for Speculation Thread 3!

I like this, but the designer in me says there's too much empty space on the left, unless the tiles are supposed to scroll past your mii.
There is a lot less empty space on that mock-up than there is on either the 360 dashboard or the XMB. I like the look of it and with some tweeks would be really sweet.

If anyone has a new thread ready let me know. If not I will do it.
Gotcha covered, man. :D

http://epiccountdown.com/2011/wii-u-release-e3-2012 85 days till E3, Can't wait...

Ace if you keep the OP updated with new info in the next thread, I'll try to help you out if i see anything missing... I've read 380+ pages of this thread, and usually read every post. (since I'm at work usually when I'm on here) but yes, that would hopefully keep us on topic.

ace is doing it.

I'll keep it updated with anything I think is worth it yeah. If I miss anything I'd appreciate the help.

z0m3le

Banned

The Wii U should just take the wii menu and make it so that the "channels" are re-sizable, and add folders. Its a pretty capable interface already, and is much better overall than the current 360 dashboard.

I agree! hopefully Nintendo sticks to it. I love how android 4.0 gives you the folders option, I really hope they do it like that.

Yeah, ideamens posts are full of blistering, glittering, crazy funk. I like them.

when did he join, anyway? And is he some dev janitor guy or something? He seems to know stuff!
he claims he is an ex journalist who still has some contacts, no one knows if it's true, we accept it regardless because we don't care :p

This is the one thing the Wii and 3DS OS needed/s badly. Being an ambassador on 3DS, with a few downloaded games, and some other stuff and you just feel the need for folders.

It would be nice to be able to set up category channels, and have sub channels in them.

Like say having SNES VC Channel, or N64 VC Channel. Hell or even going Adventure games channel, RPG Games channel. Basically let people organize shit how they want.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
If you want any graphics or tables of information, AceBandage, feel free to ask as I've got plenty of it.

Rösti;35927121 said:
If you want any graphics or tables of information, AceBandage, feel free to ask as I've got plenty of it.

Thanks, not sure what we'll need right now. Most of what will be in the OP will be stuff we learn between now and E3 (or thread 4).

Gisk

Banned
This is the one thing the Wii and 3DS OS needed/s badly. Being an ambassador on 3DS, with a few downloaded games, and some other stuff and you just feel the need for folders.

It would be nice to be able to set up category channels, and have sub channels in them.

Like say having SNES VC Channel, or N64 VC Channel. Hell or even going Adventure games channel, RPG Games channel. Basically let people organize shit how they want.

Adding to this, having a feature to search your games would also be nice.
When you have over 100 vc games on your wii, it becomes tedious to scroll through all of them. Plus, the touchscreen could act as a much better keyboard than the point and click one on the wii.

Edit: Its over, on to thread thr-wii!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom