• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III & Liberation: New images

Some of them are heavy bullshots, but remind that liberation is this good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH5Y8DjCNUo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jORWYhIImTc
The IQ is worse than I thought, still impressive for a handheld and the production values are off the charts of course.

I hope we can hide in snowmen and pop out and assassinate children and their fathers.
I'd love to assassinate a father accompanied by his children and have them bemoan his death, that would put some emotions into the game.

I think the bullshots look fantastic. But what generation do we have to wait for to get actual ingame graphics that look like this? ANd for that matter, could we just pop in old games and have them look as good? It makes me mad that Ubi can get away with this and fool so many customers. Are there any screenshots available from the AC games where you can mouse-over and see that actual ingame shot? I'm curious to see how gaping the differences are.
I expect the PC version to come reasonably close. ACII was pretty good in that regard, only things that itched me were shadows and LOD.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Eh, I expect PC to match these fairly easily. Here are some bullshots I created from PC Revelations (3 will obviously have higher quality DOF and other DX11 features on PC):

ibmguMUILSjUDA.png

ibgOrLBECSmj15.png

Tank

Neo Member
Does anybody think that there is going to be brotherhood/revelations-esque sequels for AC3? I Know that the development team said there would not, but what are the chances of UBI going back on that?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Does anybody think that there is going to be brotherhood/revelations-esque sequels for AC3? I Know that the development team said there would not, but what are the chances of UBI going back on that?

I'm hoping they decide to take a few years off after AC3, then come back next generation with a new story, protagonist, new modern day character etc. Then again they have put in a lot of effort with the new engine and it would seem a bit wasteful to have just one game use it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I just want them to drop the whole modern day bullshit pretense and just give us period pieces with the assassin theme. Ezio's trilogy would have been better if Desmond was just gone and dropping the modern day thing would allow us to see some dope time periods we missed feudal Japan.

Takao

Banned
I'm hoping they decide to take a few years off after AC3, then come back next generation with a new story, protagonist, new modern day character etc. Then again they have put in a lot of effort with the new engine and it would seem a bit wasteful to have just one game use it.

Anvil Next also powers Liberation, so it's two. I wouldn't be surprised if it's powering the new Prince of Persia either. I can see Ubisoft continuing to make Revelations/Brotherhood-esque games for PS3/360/PC/Wii U while another team works on AC for PS4/720/PC.

Eideka

Banned
Eh, I expect PC to match these fairly easily. Here are some bullshots I created from PC Revelations (3 will obviously have higher quality DOF and other DX11 features on PC):
So far only tesselation has been confirmed, I hope that other DX11 features are in.

I'm not sure how janky animation would show itself in stills ... ?

It's more the thought of everyone getting super excited about how the game looks in bullshots and then being completely deflated once they see the game in motion, that's all.

Ran rp

Anvil Next also powers Liberation, so it's two. I wouldn't be surprised if it's powering the new Prince of Persia either. I can see Ubisoft continuing to make Revelations/Brotherhood-esque games for PS3/360/PC/Wii U while another team works on AC for PS4/720/PC.

So no more Vita games?

Guesong

Great bullshots !

The last screen on the right (the young Connor) is interesting.

Could it be the tutorial ?

The devs did say in multiple interviews that the game would span over decades of Connor's life. Playing him as a kid and as a teenager for game elements introduction and general pre-Assassin's phase would be of no surprise.

Dibbz

lol at everyone shouting bullshots at the Vita version. Yeah the AA might be but everything else is pretty doable on Vita.

Teknoman

I havent seen a bad looking game from Ubi in awhile, so I know they'll both look great...but I just hope they're more challenging to play. Aside from finding all the hidden stuff, Assassin's Creed 2 was a cakewalk. Havent played the other 2, so not sure if having access to many more tools or followers helped in that aspect.

even if Liberation is fantastic, one AC is more than enough. if this wasn't a yearly franchise, fine, but i think the Vita would have just been better off with a port that supports Cross-Buy; i imagine the people buying Liberation over III will be few and far between

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You mean Ubulshoft? My favorite company when screencaps are involved.

Ubullshot. Sounds like an image editing suite, actually.

Oh yes, i always forgot. What's the use of DX11 in the game?

Ubi hasn't gone into detail other than to say there'll be a DX11 renderer and that the PC version has its own team. That said, tessellation is a lock, I'd wager -- I just hope it's implemented efficiently and not Crytek levels of haphazard application to the tune of "let's tessellate the shit out of concrete barriers as well as water the player under no regular circumstances will see".

Eideka

Banned
Ubi hasn't gone into detail other than to say there'll be a DX11 renderer and that the PC version has its own team. That said, tessellation is a lock, I'd wager -- I just hope it's implemented efficiently and not Crytek levels of haphazard application to the tune of "let's tessellate the shit out of concrete barriers as well as water the player under no regular circumstances will see".

Tessellation is confirmed :
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/ubisoft-reconfirms-assassins-creed-3-pc-dx11-support-will-feature-higher-resolution-textures/

To be more precise, the water – during the naval sequences – will be tessellated on the PC and will sport a new feature to simulate the water’s surface, called ‘approximation of subsurface scattering.’

Soft shadows, HBAO and bokeh would be nice as well.

GeoramA

Ubi outdid themselves here :lol

Really excited for Liberation, though. Getting the bundle along with LBP and Gravity Rush.

Dibbz

That foliage doesn't really come close to this:

acl14b3j6k.jpg

Well if I were able to downsample Uncharted like these AC shot sure it could look a lot closer. That's the main difference. With the lighting, polys, textures etc I don't see any reason to think that AC on Vita will not look like that (minus AA)

Goldrusher

These should be about 5" diagonally - Vita screen size - on the average PC monitor:

ugagkj2p.jpg

aclqek9j.jpg

I don't blame Ubisoft for adding a little polish to the screens, so that viewing them on a PC, matches the game in motion, on a Vita.

Dunno if it warrants a new topic, but some of us press attended a 3-day ACIII junket in Boston last week and our preview embargoes lift tomorrow, 9AM PST.

Irish

Dunno if it warrants a new topic, but some of us press attended a 3-day ACIII junket in Boston last week and our preview embargoes lift tomorrow, 9AM PST.

Hm... a 3-day junket? Damn.

Guess they probably showed off one of the indoor platforming levels as well as a bit of free roam/naval stuff.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
That foliage doesn't really come close to this:
SSAA adds a lot to the perceived quality of that foliage. I can't wait to see the real scene from the game from that exact location. Everything looks so nice and seamless on that screen, the way everything is lit, the clothes on the character. AA aside, I find it hard to believe it can be matched, but the game in this blurry video does look pretty crazy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jORWYhIImTc

Top Bottom