• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 already in the wild

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
i8OJ3pYXV09j3.gif

Nice gif, but the frame-rate is making me nauseous.

LAA

"Already"? Was expecting this any day now, ha ha, if a person (or people) are getting X1's already it should be less surprising for PS4's to land in people's hands.

Looking forward to UI demo's and an unboxing :D

Out of curiosity, cause I'm not sure, do the US have access to the mega bundle? Box size may be a little different for EU maybe, but eagerly awaiting a mega bundle unboxing all the same.

Toki767

For his dad's reputation's sake, this kid should hold off showing anything about the PS4 until after launch. But I know you kids here are all..."Fuck that shyt, wanna see the UI.. etc. etc. "

Well I would hope that he got his dad's permission who in turn got Sony higher ups' permission to even show that he got the system early.

Fuck, it's happening sooner than I thought. Jealous doesn't begin to cover it...I can feel the bitterness growing within me...

Can't wait to see the UI video, hope it's as extensive as the X1 UI video.

Defunkled

That guy is Guy Longworth's son. Senior VP of marketing for Playstation.

So either hes throwing his pop under the bus (highly unlikely) or he's doing it tomorrow because you'll see more UI videos tomorrow as well.

I think this should be put in the OP. A lot of people seem to be missing it.

Good work, Darkside!

Ricker

Gamestop called me today,they have them but of course they just explained the way it's going to work on the 15th and that they will hold it for me for 2 days,that's it,since I am only a regular red Edge card holder(sigh ;) )....but yeah I guess they are getting delivered all over North America at this point and some people with connections might get them early.

Looking forward to some early XMB stuff and all.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Greatness Arrives.

I'll see you guys when I get mine... somewhere after Christmas probably.

For his dad's reputation's sake, this kid should hold off showing anything about the PS4 until after launch. But I know you kids here are all..."Fuck that shyt, wanna see the UI.. etc. etc. "

One would assume he had permission to do all this to go along with the family connections thing, there is also the fact taco bell people should be getting their ps4s soon anyways so there is no real problem with another "pre-launch" ps4 being in the wild

Hexa

Well I would hope that he got his dad's permission who in turn got Sony higher ups' permission to even show that he got the system early.

Maybe this is part of their marketing strategy. Just having a random guy showing off the XBone generated some great press for them, so maybe this guys dad saw that and was like "Maybe if my son does that it'll work just as well".

Charcoal

Best Buy is using empty PS4 boxes as part of their displays. It may be difficult to differentiate over the next week. But regardless..HYPE!

Top Bottom