• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gal Gadot to Play Wonder Woman in ‘Batman vs. Superman’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
The reactions to this are so funny. Every single time someone is cast in these movies, people flip out and say it's horrible. I think by now these studios have seen how the comicbook movie universe needs to flow and are making decisions based on what they want to do in the future. When was the last HORRIBLE casting choice for any hero/villain? Nic Cage as Ghost Rider? Alba as Sue Storm? Berry as Catwoman?

We don't even know what the actual story of this movie is going to be. But don't worry, the internet is here to tell the studios how it already sucks and too crowded with characters and plot.

hwalker84

Am I the only one who read this thread title and thought

320x240.jpg

overcast

Lynn Collins seemed pretty perfect judging by those John Carter images.

This movie is going to be such a train wreck. 3 characters in the movie, introducing 2 of them (despite Batman being a well known property).

shira

Lynn Collins seemed pretty perfect judging by those John Carter images.

This movie is going to be such a train wreck. 3 characters in the movie, introducing 2 of them (despite Batman being a well known property).

Why would you want the stank from John Carter anywhere near your mega franchise

So is she going to beef up or just do mocap work?

She needs to beef up because she's a cow?

She's gorgeous but I don't know this walking skeleton physically makes as Wonder Woman.

gross. no thanks

This film and the selection of actors thus far. My God, this is a train wreck waiting to happen! Although I thought the same about MOS and even though the film was SHIT it made a ton of money

MikeOxbig

All things considered, Jamie Alexander was the right answer here. But maybe it's best to not have JA besmirched by what is likely to be a crummy character interpretation in a crummy movie by crummy talent.

Dysun

Casting for this movie is off the rails bad. I don't understand the thought process with casting Ben Affleck and now a girl who looks like she has a hard time moving a chair

aly

Heath is a terrible Joker choice!
Bale is a terrible Batman choice!

Gal is a terrible Wonder Woman choice!

Hm.

To be fair you have to look at the director and writer of these movies. Not to mention I think Wonder Woman's looks are a bit more important than the other two. Also Gal is not a very good actor.

ReiGun

Reviewing the characters, maybe, establishing their basic personalities. It didn't mean that we understood why Tony became Iron Man or who are the people Steve left behind. Those things are important to fully understand where the characters come from, and I do think that any of the avengers that had a movie have a huge presence over Hawkeye and Black Widow who didn't.

Reviewing WW and this new Batman will hinder the movie, of that there is no doubt. Maybe not outright kill the movie (Synder's shitty writing/directing will do that), but hinder it, definitely

That's what I meant. I guess I misspoke.

The point was, the Avengers movie spent the first forty minutes of its runtime giving you the sheer basics of what you needed to understand the characters. There was explaining; not super in depth explaining - they didn't give full a synopsis of each other the previous movies - but there was explaining.

For this movie, I would argue that having all these characters work would involve just establishing their personalities and making vague hints at their backstories. Wonder Woman could just be another hero whose appeared, but we don't really get into where she came from. All of this being said, of course, with no knowledge of what the movie's plot actually is.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
To be fair you have to look at the director and writer of these movies. Not to mention I think Wonder Woman's looks are a bit more important than the other two. Also Gal is not a very good actor.

She's a better actor than I thought Heath was at the time. I'll give you the director thing though, I'd just rather wait and see.

MrKnives

Also to be fair that was said about Heath too.

I've only seen her in the Fast and Furious movie and I thought she was absolutely terrible. Hopefully she doesn't have many lines

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So is she going to get training with The Rock? I always thought wonderwoman was buff.

MisterHero

Do you mean Artemis? I thought Athena was goddess of wisdom and sometimes war. Which still means she should be athletic, not bulked up. Like said she will be hitting the gym regardless in order to do stunts so she'll build more muscle but shouldn't look that different.
I usually think of Artemis as the Goddess of the Hunt, but you might be right though. Each god has a bunch of things attributed to them and I'm not up to snuff. Edit: Just checked, Hermes is the God of Athletics.

Anyways she'd be a tough mother and look good too.

Hari Seldon

The odds of me watching a historically accurate wonder woman movie are 0.0%. Now I might actually rent this movie solely for how hot this chick is haha.

aly

She's a better actor than I thought Heath was at the time. I'll give you the director thing though, I'd just rather wait and see.

Also to be fair that was said about Heath too.

Yeah, I agree that wait and see is probably the best approach, but I just have little faith Snyder. Didn't know people thought Heath was a bad actor. Just thought they were surprised at the choice. That is interesting.

Lebron

Hm.

Heath showed he was a good actor before and had talent.

Bale showed he was a good actor before and had talent.

Affleck is at least a decent actor in the movies he directs.

Gadot can't even do a good job in a F&F movie. Nowhere near the same situation

I do not know who this is. Also, why wouldn't Wonder Woman have an accent? She's from an ancient land steeped in Greek mythology.

They wouldn't be speaking the Queen's English or with Brooklyn accents.

I'm more curious about how they're gonna incorporate magic and shit outta nowhere. We've jumped straight from sci-fi to magic pretty quick.

gal-gadot-in-bed_99875-1400x1050.jpg

she looks diana-ish here. her wikipedia states she served as a sports trainer during her two year service with the israeli army, so it's not like she's someone without any experience of rigorous training. i have no doubt she can start eating and training for the role like every other actor/actress does.

i wont give up hope for this movie to be better than the first just yet. lynn collins would've been better, but what we have now...isn't tooooo terrible.

Hey, if she can put some muscle on, she'd be looking damn fine. There's potential. I don't know how well she can act. I haven't seen her in anything outside of F&F. Maybe she was chosen because she can achieve that look, has that sort of experience and bearing.

Antje Traue :(

She's going to need to eat so many hamburgers to pull this off. I can't remember her in anything other than F&F so her acting judgement will wait till the movie comes out.

Hm.

That is a bad comparison considering both Bale and Heath were really good actors before their roles in the Batman movies. I am actually sorta glad they are picking Gal for this role considering she is getting shoved in a movie where superman and batman are the main actors and she will likely be overlooked when she should not.

Wonder Woman deserves her own film not to play third wheel to superman and batman in movie. It is ridiculous that Wonder Woman can not get her own live action film. Even Marvel's Man-thing got his own live action film even though it was a low budget direct to dvd sci fi movie he still has his own movie and you can not say the same about Wonder Woman.

The odds of me watching a historically accurate wonder woman movie are 0.0%. Now I might actually rent this movie solely for how hot this chick is haha.

You are a terrible person.

Also, Snyder and Goyer are the definite weak-links. The cast is fine.

She's going to need to eat so many hamburgers to pull this off. I can't remember her in anything other than F&F so her acting judgement will wait till the movie comes out.

I think you mean Protein Shakes. She's playing Wonder Woman not Type-2 Diabetes Woman.

Fiktion

Banned
It occurs to me that this is exactly what Snyder did with Ozymandias in Watchmen.

He took the character that was supposed to be the epitome of sculpted human physicality, and then cast a human twig who never bulked up.

Abandon hope.

WB just let the rights revert back to Marvel already!

LMFAO, I seriously laughed harder than I should have at that.

For what it's worth, my choice would have been Hayley Atwell, previous Marvel appearances be damned. But maybe that's equally shit.

But she is supposedly tied to an Agent Carter TV show that is in the works.

As far as the choice for Wonder Woman, I'm sure there are others that look that part better that the current choice, but I reserve judgement until we see the direction and a 1st trailer of it in action. Maybe we'll be surprised and it works. Or maybe it will be the giant clusterfuck that is sounds like, and that may be entertainment all in itself.

Toxi

Banned
The funny thing is, Wonder Woman's just kinda buff. She's not some muscled terror like comic book Superman.

So it's hilarious that they still managed to pick an actor who looks too thin. Hope she can take the Christian Bale post-Machinist workout routine before shooting.

ReiGun

I really would love to know what kind of story they're building here. We just have a bunch of pieces and no idea how they all fit together. And since it's comic books, which everyone tends to overthink, we're assuming some massive affair where every character's backstory is needed to be explained in depth so the movie is going to obviously be bloated and whatnot.

I don't really even know what to think about this flick. I think Zack Synder is a decent director and I thought MoS was a decent movie so... cautiously optimistic, I guess.

While the average WWE diva is obviously a bad actress, their physique/build is about what I would have expected out of a Hollywood Wonder Woman.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Why girls develop body dysmorphia: the thread. When Ben Affleck gets cast as Batman it's instantly assumed he's going to get into the phsyique of the role, but with Gadot people are hung up on "she doesn't look right", like a few pounds is going to make or break the entire film (and as though it's remotely possible physically training for the role isn't going to happen).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom