• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley for Nintendo Switch |OT| Starving for a Harvest

Holy cow this cutscene with Linus just almost made me shed a tear. Was just playing a dumb game in the saloon, walked outside and was hit by the feels. Are all cutscenes that intense?

So when the seeds become like a small plant you can't water them anymore ? I tried multiple times and no go. Soh whenn do we start to get the fruits ?

Also, the freaking crows keep eating my plants, and I have no option to build a scarecrow. WTF?

Kangi

Holy cow this cutscene with Linus just almost made me shed a tear. Was just playing a dumb game in the saloon, walked outside and was hit by the feels. Are all cutscenes that intense?

That's one of the more intense ones, but yeah there are a good handful of intense ones. Especially anything to do with
Shane

-GJ-

my cheat file has like 3 days worth of energy
DL5MA4oUEAAR6N-.jpg

I lost my Galaxy Sword doing this trick though

I wish I could find items that expand the Health Combat bar.
How?

Kangi

Abigail: "You sure know your way around a joystick! But I guess that makes sense..."

Don't give me sass chick I will steal your man

phanphare

Banned
my farm so far

nothing special but it's home

really enjoying this game now, took a little for it to click but once I got acclimated and could set goals for myself it's been great. got some bundles done, gave some gifts that seemed well received, need to go deeper in the mines. good stuff so far.

Berordn

BTW it's better to use non-quality ingredients for cooking right? Or is that only for processing?

I could be wrong, but I don't think quality has any effect on either. Cooked food has no quality modifiers, and most artisan goods increase in quality via aging in casks or luck, afaik.

sleepnaught

Had plans for a new section of my farm to go to pumpkins. Then
a giant meteorite lands smack dab in the middle and I haven't upgraded my pickaxe yet. Guess I'll have a chunk of Iridium or whatever it is in the middle of my plantation for a while.

So i might have stayed up all night playing this last night. Just started second year and my farm is slowly transforming into a beer and cheese production facility (with a smidge of mead). I could probably finish community center by fall if I wanted but fuck fishing for real. Wooing all the lads and lasses but Haley is basically a lock for marriage.

LegendX48

I have a very important question.......

Leah or Penny for romance? I was dead set on wooing Leah but Penny has that Cinderella thing going on and now I don't know what to do lol

Wallach

I have a very important question.......

Leah or Penny for romance? I was dead set on wooing Leah but Penny has that Cinderella thing going on and now I don't know what to do lol

Same two I wound up deciding between. Wound up going with Penny in the end, but those two were way ahead of the rest.

Brakke

Banned
Penny is good if you’re a white knight wanted to ride in and save her from her alcoholic mom.

Leah is good if you want a partner instead of a charity project.

LegendX48

Penny is good if you’re a white knight wanted to ride in and save her from her alcoholic mom.

Leah is good if you want a partner instead of a charity project.
Damn, little harsh on Penny there. Will probably stick to my original plan of going for Leah, plus I have two hearts with her, one more than everybody else lol

sleepnaught

So, here I am 15 hours into my farm and I just learned how big a mistake I made with one of my Professions. I chose Rancher instead of tiller because the Idea of raising a lot farm animals sounded neat. But now doing my research, I've noticed how much gold I've just flushed down the drain because I can't get the 40% gain for artisan goods. I feel like this point I'm wasting my time if I don't restart, but I've already put so much work into this save. :( damn shame you can't respec in this game.

Kangi

Tried to water my hops before remembering that I needed to pick them first, teleported into the nearby coop by hitting the button.

This game has some strange bugs.

sleepnaught

Really bummed about no zoom out options on a Switch. Being able to zoom out and see your whole farm was great. I hope it gets added in at a later date, provided Switch can handle it.

Melons brought in the bank and I bought a chicken coop. :D I have no clue how to raise animals properly in the game, so I hope they don't die or anything.

Shahadan

Melons brought in the bank and I bought a chicken coop. :D I have no clue how to raise animals properly in the game, so I hope they don't die or anything.

They don't, they just slow or stop producing shit if you treat them badly. Basically pet them everyday, feed them, and don't let them outside in the night

And build a silo for hay

spiritfox

They do have a chance to get eaten if stuck outside at night though. But they'll automatically go home at night so just don't close the doors if they're still outside.

this is my cheat file to test out cheats to see what works on Switch from the PC version, I did this by getting Stardrops from the naming trick
for example buy a chicken or cow and name it [434][645] you can use one number but I wanted to purchase 8 animals so the second number is an iridium sprinhkler.

as soon as the shopkeeper says the name of the animal you just purchased you get the items

if you want more go back to your barn and click on your animals to sell them and go back and buy new ones with new names, you can't buy 2 with the same name so use combo of numbers

a list of item numbers here

Warning: before you use this trick put any tool or sword away in a Chest at your farm because if you are carrying them sometimes they will turn into Stardrops and if you eat those goodbye Galaxy Sword :( You get new hoe or axe when you wake up but you'll have to upgrade them again so don't do this trick while carrying items you need they can glitch out

Lutherian

this is my cheat file to test out cheats to see what works on Switch from the PC version, I did this by getting Stardrops from the naming trick
for example buy a chicken or cow and name it [434][645] you can use one number but I wanted to purchase 8 animals so the second number is an iridium sprinhkler.

as soon as the shopkeeper says the name of the animal you just purchased you get the items

if you want more go back to your barn and click on your animals to sell them and go back and buy new ones with new names, you can't buy 2 with the same name so use combo of numbers

Warning: before you use this trick put any tool or sword away in a Chest at your farm because if you are carrying them sometimes they will turn into Stardrops and if you eat those goodbye Galaxy Sword :( You get new hoe or axe when you wake up but you'll have to upgrade them again so don't do this trick while carrying items you need they can glitch out

This still works on Switch ? To be honnest, the only thing I dislike in this game is the stamina level. I know Stardrops can expand it but damn...

This still works on Switch ? To be honnest, the only thing I dislike in this game is the stamina level. I know Stardrops can expand it but damn...

I found a few things I can't get to work but the rename trick works a little buggy but works

and there is so much to do in this game it is still fun even when you use this

EDIT: WOOW HOOO the Adventure Guild had a galaxy sword for sale! All is well with this file again :D

I was doing the fishing game for like 2hrs at the fall festival and my guy got stuck with the rod in the air...RIP 2000 star tickets... Had to force close the game and I'll need to redo the day 😭

elseanio

Is it ok to harvest crops on a "bad fortune" day?

I also made a mistake with my strawberries. I lined them up thinking the upgraded water can does 3 blocks horizontal, but it does 3 vertical :( can only water the end ones now, have to do the ones in the middle individually

Kangi

https://abload.de/img/fa8db98c-fe78-4503-abiszl.jpeg[img]

Has anyone else seen this? Seems crazy to me that it’s in there.[/QUOTE]

That there's a Stardrop at that festival? Or that someone put "MDMA" as their favorite thing?

(The Stardrop text references your favorite thing put in at character creation)

Haunted

I hate the idea of the stamina bar determining what I can or can't do during the day, so I'll definitely use this to extend it and play it straight otherwise.

Thanks for the tip!

Top Bottom