• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*SPOILERS* The Walking Dead TV show, leaks, and comic book SPOILER discussion thread

I dunno the way they showed Glenn seeing the photo's kinda screams to me that he wont be the one getting killed by Lucille.

If he had walked past the pictures with the camera focusing on the wide shot for a few seconds then yes I think he would have been killed this way completely.

I just think that someone who didn't see the photos will die that way.

Either way theres always the possibility of two people getting Lucilled (Glenn + someone else), that would be even more crazy than the moment in the comics.

http://comicbook.com/2016/03/08/final-three-the-walking-dead-season-6-episode-titles-description/
6x16 Something to Fear

ye7z1cw.gif
im hyped

UberTag

Fairly certain these spoilers have been debunked by the folks over at the Spoiling Dead forums. So don't get too carried away with your excitement. We all know we're getting a formal introduction to Lucille before the season is out.

Legit spoilers surfacing for Episode 13 this weekend seem to indicate a false resolution to the Saviors conflict being trotted out for the TV audience. Maggie and Carol thwart their captors. Episode ends with Rick blowing his hostage's head off after he says, "I'm Negan, shithead". Our heroes likely get tailed on their way back to Alexandria in Episode 14 after they believe everything is hunkydory.

Legit spoilers surfacing for Episode 13 this weekend seem to indicate a false resolution to the Saviors conflict being trotted out for the TV audience. Maggie and Carol thwart their captors. Episode ends with Rick blowing his hostage's head off after he says, "I'm Negan, shithead". Our heroes likely get tailed on their way back to Alexandria in Episode 14 after they believe everything is hunkydory.

I like this a lot. Works for me! I was hoping they'd play with different Saviors saying they're Negan.

dustyherb

Ya I'm betting Dwight with a group follows them back and we get the arrow scene in 14. Shit is about to hit the fan, Rick has no idea what he's gotten into.

bitbydeath

Anyone else think Carol is going to die soon?

1. The saviours have both Maggie and Carol captured. It seems unlikely both will be let go. Maggie is already prepped to take over the hilltop so unlikely to be her.

2. Carol is already long dead in the comics.

3. Carol has barely seen any screen time this whole season and with more characters being added all the time it would only get worse.

4. Carol is flashbacking on her whole life/kills which is never a good sign.

5. Carol is shedding her strength to fight.

LycanXIII

Anyone else think Carol is going to die soon?

1. The saviours have both Maggie and Carol captured. It seems unlikely both will be let go. Maggie is already prepped to take over the hilltop so unlikely to be her.

2. Carol is already long dead in the comics.

3. Carol has barely seen any screen time this whole season and with more characters being added all the time it would only get worse.

4. Carol is flashbacking on her whole life/kills which is never a good sign.

5. Carol is shedding her strength to fight.

I think Carol is going to be Holly and be infected or already a zombie once they make the switch. In the preview the woman mentions that a 2 for 1 trade isn't fair.

UberTag

While we know from filming spoilers that the equivalent to the Holly situation in the comics isn't happening now with Maggie & Carol (this took place 20 issues AFTER Lucille, incidentally), I can entertain a scenario where Tara & Heath fail to re-materialize from their 2-week supply run until Tara is "returned" from the Saviors as a walker sometime during Season 7 so she can munch on the arm of her girlfriend.

If I could put money on it I'd say it's going to be Morgan. I think it fits with the themes this season and the foreshadowing of Glenn is too strong, they feel like ways to throw the comic readers off the scent.

I'm just saying this because I need Glenn and Daryl on this show and I'm OK with Morgan having a tea party with Lucille. It's about time his pacifist policy took a bat to the face like a champ.

If I could put money on it I'd say it's going to be Morgan. I think it fits with the themes this season and the foreshadowing of Glenn is too strong, they feel like ways to throw the comic readers off the scent.

I'm just saying this because I need Glenn and Daryl on this show and I'm OK with Morgan having a tea party with Lucille. It's about time his pacifist policy took a bat to the face like a champ.

But we know Rick will come around and eventually imprison Negan instead of killing him. So something of Morgan's pacifist idealism will seep into Rick's psyche.

That isn't to say Morgan won't die (after all his own mentor died), I just think it'll happen in such a way as to reinforce the "no kill" rule in Rick.

dustyherb

I was thinking it was going to be Morgan the entire first half of the season especially cause of how much focus he was getting. But now I honestly just don't see it happening. No one in Rick's group has a strong relationship with Morgan not even Rick himself. So him getting killed by Negan wouldn't do as much damage to the group as say Glenn or Daryl.

The whole Rick spares Negan is obviously going to come into play because of Morgan I would assume. He's going to eventually have a impact on Rick but I don't see it happening till sometime in season 7. I suppose it's possible for him to influence Rick somehow in the next four episodes but it would be pretty damn rushed.

someday

Banned
Morgan is a frustrating character but I don't actually want him to be gone from the show yet. I think it's important to have someone like him, a strong warrior who chooses a different path out of strength and not weakness. Yes, it is at odds with what we are shown and told repeatedly, "kill or be killed" blah blah blah, but I don't see how the show can continue without adding some humanity to Rick. I like Rick well enough but I think he's gone too far since reaching Alexandria. Last season he was an embarrassment to his own group (remember Michonne knocking him out when he was covered in blood and yelling?). I like that he and the main group are strong but it would be nice if every once in a while blind violence wasn't the only answer.

Morgan is much better for Comic Nicholas' death. He should be the one infected by the Saviors weapons and give Rick his deathbed peace speech, him getting brained by Negan is stupid and nowhere near earned (both thematically and with story structure). It really has to be Daryl but since I think the show runners are cowards it will be Glenn, Morgan or Abe.

dustyherb

Morgan is much better for Comic Nicholas' death. He should be the one infected by the Saviors weapons and give Rick his deathbed peace speach, him getting brained by Negan is stupid and nowhere near earned (both thematically and with story structure). It really has to be Daryl but since I think the show runners are cowards it will be Glenn, Morgan or Abe.
Hmmmmm shit that makes perfect sense now. Morgan saves Rick from getting infected by the saviors weapon and is able to convince him that not everyone should be killed. Just like Eastman saved Morgan and was able to convince him there's a better path.

Plus not long after that is when Rick confronts Negan and has the chat where he cuts his throat. So Morgan dying at that point would be the perfect turning point for Ricks character. Plus we would be getting Lennie James for at least another season which is something I really want.

Leeness

More spoilers up for next episode and lmao.

Carol and Maggie: Two Women Army. Ladies ain't need no man to save them.

Love it.

dustyherb

Why does it have to be Daryl ? And how the fact that they would choose another character would make them cowards ?
I just can't see Daryl dying this soon. like no way is AMC going to kill their biggest original character when they want 6 more seasons or whatever out of this show. A lot of people seem to think that the writers don't have the balls to kill Daryl but I think it honestly comes down to the fact that Gimple and the writers have bigger plans for Daryl in the long run.
I can see Daryl taking up leading the saviors like Dwight did in the comics.

I really don't think they are afraid of killing him Kirkman isnt afraid of killing anyone. The writers have talked how they map out future seasons and big moments to come so if Daryl isn't getting Lucilled it's because he has more to contribute in future seasons. Not cause the writers are scared to off him.

Love it.
Here we go, from TSDF
- Carol gets religion. Carol’s uncanny ability to pretend to be somebody she’s not is highlighted again as Carol convinces her captors she is panicked, scared and in need of comfort from some rosary beads. Little do her captors know that these will make a great cutting tool and as always, Carol has a plan. (All those people who agreed that Carol was the one holding the beads in the 6B key art can pat themselves on the back.)
- "We are all Negan.” The iconic, comic line will be uttered by one of the female captors.
- Walker Trap. Never underestimate the power of two smart women to use the dead against their enemies.
- Shish-ka-Savior. You’ll never eat meat on a skewer again after you see what Carol does to one of the female captors. (Likely Alicia Witt.)
- Glad these Saviors were never at Gitmo. The Savior women’s pathetic attempt at interrogation does nothing to sway Maggie.
- Cigarettes will kill…people. Adding tar and nicotine to her killing repertoire, Carol mic drops her cancer stick in a most dramatic way after the captors send for reinforcements.
- Rick & Co will catch up to Maggie and Carol, but – sorry Rick – the job has already been done.
- Maggie & Glenn reunite, complete with Maggie’s declaration that she won’t leave him again. (I’m as feminist as anyone Maggie, but your little peanut needs safety.)

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

Love it.

Well that confirms that my mom is going to love this episode. I expect frantic text messages and happy emoji's all sunday night.

wenis

Jzr6j2i.gif

The saviors really fucked up by capturing Carol lol

Does this maybe lead any credence to Carol meeting Lucille? When the group is surrounded on the road and one of Carol's Wrath Survivors hops out of the van and points her out as the culprit... As much as I do believe Glenn will meet an unfortunate end I still want a crowd favorite to get it or just someone else to really throw off readers and tv viewers alike.

Why does it have to be Daryl ? And how the fact that they would choose another character would make them cowards ?

It's probably more of a personal opinion since I think Daryl is nothing character. He serves no purpose other than being a badass and a fan favorite. I think it would so awesome to kill him and really show how dangerous Negan is. Also the team needs a much larger loss than Glen, Daryl is emotional and will harm them tactically.

Just killing Glen is taking the "safe" route. Especially since every gossip website had an article of how Glen died in the comics during his fake death. God I wish that was real and it would remain unresolved for Maggie.

wenis

Also I watched Watchmen last night and I can't get JDM's voice reciting Negans lines out of my head now. the end is so far away.

It's probably more of a personal opinion since I think Daryl is nothing character. He serves no purpose other than being a badass and a fan favorite. I think it would so awesome to kill him and really show how dangerous Negan is. Also the team needs a much larger liss than Glen, Daryl is emotional and will harm them tactically.

Just killing Glen is taking the "safe" route. Especially since every gossip website had an article of how Glen died in the comics during his fake death. God I wish that was real and it would remain unresolved for Maggie.
It's only safe for comic readers. It sure isn't the safe route for the much larger general audience. Actually they've been stringing along the general audience this whole season. Glenn seems super safe to my parents, since he escaped death twice this season already

dustyherb

Does this maybe lead any credence to Carol meeting Lucille? When the group is surrounded on the road and one of Carol's Wrath Survivors hops out of the van and points her out as the culprit... As much as I do believe Glenn will meet an unfortunate end I still want a crowd favorite to get it or just someone else to really throw off readers and tv viewers alike.
I honestly think no but I think that's more me just hoping to god Negan doesn't bash in a females head. Especially one who was a victim of major psychical abuse.

bitbydeath

As much as I do believe Glenn will meet an unfortunate end I still want a crowd favorite to get it or just someone else to really throw off readers and tv viewers alike.

You don't think Glen is a crowd favourite?
He's been in since day 1 and is right up there with Rick and Daryl imo.

I honestly think it will be Glenn because the way that scene plays out in the comics is so fucking horrific, the horror of it will be amplified in the translation to the screen and I don't think they'll pass that up. The presence of Maggie is a big part of what makes it so awful. The horror and revulsion of watching Glenn screaming Maggie's name with his skull caved in isn't an emotional experience that can be produced by passing the scene to another character. It's precisely because we've spent so much time not just with Glenn, but with Glenn and Maggie as a couple, that it has to be him.

UberTag

Its was the bags on the head that made me think it was going to happen
Look at it this way... if Carol and Maggie get bagged together again, folks at home will go, "hey I remember the last time the Saviors tried this and we got to see Carol completely wreck them and add a bunch more folks to her kill list; what a great episode that was".

And if they go the Holly route then, it'll completely fuck with their heads. Won't that be fun?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I honestly think it will be Glenn because the way that scene plays out in the comics is so fucking horrific, the horror of it will be amplified in the translation to the screen and I don't think they'll pass that up. The presence of Maggie is a big part of what makes it so awful. The horror and revulsion of watching Glenn screaming Maggie's name with his skull caved in isn't an emotional experience that can be produced by passing the scene to another character. It's precisely because we've spent so much time not just with Glenn, but with Glenn and Maggie as a couple, that it has to be him.
Agreed, it's the sum of many things. I didn't even care about the comic version of both characters all that much, but shit was still one of the most traumatizing comic experiences to me back in the day. The couple in the show is way more loved by the fanbase in comparison, and they're played by two good and attractive actors to boot. I can't even imagine how it will translate to TV, if they go all out with how it's supposed to play it will be truly horrifying.

You just know the Season 7 premiere is going to break records. Season 5's is the one to top, and that attracted people because 4 ended on the cliffhanger of the group trapped in a seemingly hopeless situation. But Rick wasn't scared and he had a plan...

This will be similar. The group captive, surrounded by the Saviors. The reveal of Negan, the brutal death of whoever gets Lucille'd. And then Rick's promise to kill Negan

Now that's going to bring people back next season

dustyherb

You just know the Season 7 premiere is going to break records. Season 5's is the one to top, and that attracted people because 4 ended on the cliffhanger of the group trapped in a seemingly hopeless situation. But Rick wasn't scared and he had a plan...

This will be similar. The group captive, surrounded by the Saviors. The reveal of Negan, the brutal death of whoever gets Lucille'd. And then Rick's promise to kill Negan

I was thinking about this as well. Everyone is going to want to watch what happens after Negan bashes someone's brain out lol.

It's only safe for comic readers. It sure isn't the safe route for the much larger general audience. Actually they've been stringing along the general audience this whole season. Glenn seems super safe to my parents, since he escaped death twice this season already

You're probably right, it's just my friends read the online blogs and discussions and learned of what happens to Glenn. So when they started hearing about Negan they totally expect it to happen as in the comics.

And count me in as someone who is kinda disappointed that the Holly scene isn't happening early. It would be a total shocker for a zombie Maggie to appear during a handover. The show needs a real gut punch before the Negan shit begins, especially since Abe is almost confirmed to not get the arrow.

Also, am I the only who wants Negan to go a little farther with Rick. Not killing anyone else, but I want him to smear the blood of whoever is killed to fuck with him for starting the war in the first place. Hell I think it would be great to have Negan stick his face in the open skull and give him the this is on you moment for extra viewer torture. I just really want the season to end with Negan having the last word over Rick. I want something that will top the Red Wedding.

dustyherb

And count me in as someone who is kinda disappointed that the Holly scene isn't happening early. It would be a total shocker for a zombie Maggie to appear during a handover. The show needs a real gut punch before the Negan shit begins, especially since Abe is almost confirmed to not get the arrow.
Someone else is going to get Abe's death no doubt so we still have some chances for a few gut punches. My only fear is that they are giving the death to Denise and I just don't think it's going to be a big enough impact if that's who it is. Still could be Tara also who would definitely cause some fans to be mad.

Wasn't Rosita rumored to possibly die in an episode as well. That would be pretty fucked up if 14,15 and 16 all had a major character death in it.

Someone else is going to get Abe's death no doubt so we still have some chances for a few gut punches. My only fear is that they are giving the death to Denise and I just don't think it's going to be a big enough impact if that's who it is. Still could be Tara also who would definitely cause some fans to be mad.

Wasn't Rosita rumored to possibly die in an episode as well. That would be pretty fucked up if 14,15 and 16 all had a major character death in it.
I'm just thinking of my parents. Whenever something happens and it looks like a major character is going to die, they get all agitated, sit up, pause the show and take a breather to process things afterwards. The end of this season is going to be an emotional meat grinder for them

Let me tell you, it sure is entertaining watching their reactions

dustyherb

I'm just thinking of my parents. Whenever something happens and it looks like a major character is going to die, they get all agitated, sit up, pause the show and take a breather to process things afterwards. The end of this season is going to be an emotional meat grinder for them

Let me tell you, it sure is entertaining watching their reactions
Ya it's the same way when my mom watches it. When she thought Glenn died during the dumpster incident she was beyond devastated. Jumping up, yelling, crying and all I can sit there and think is man the general audience is so fucked when Negan arrives lol. I can't imagine how people who know nothing about the comics are going to handle him.

Is Negan still in the comics or is there a new big bad? Just wondering how long they could keep Jeffrey Dean Morgan around. Will be become a regular?

Top Bottom