• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Metalingus5150
(02-18-2017, 07:18 PM)
It's a Westinghouse 55 inch. I turned off all the extra processing already and it still does it.
I had another westinghouse before and it didn't have these problems.
Reallink
(02-18-2017, 07:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Metalingus5150

I bought a cheap tv. Everytime I pan the camera in a game, the picture darkens but goes back to normal when everything is still. Should I take it back?

Could be some sort of eco mode option not in picture settings, but buried in a general settings somewhere.
Maaaaaardy
(02-18-2017, 07:33 PM)
Fuck, waiting for my B6 is killing me!
NYR
(02-18-2017, 11:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Art Vandilay

I didn't realize it, but I'm sitting roughly 12 feet from the TV. Should I bother with a 55" OLED or just wait until I can afford a 65"?

I would wait for a 65 inch, 12 feet is a massive distance.
J-Rzez
(Yesterday, 12:26 AM)

Originally Posted by Art Vandilay

I didn't realize it, but I'm sitting roughly 12 feet from the TV. Should I bother with a 55" OLED or just wait until I can afford a 65"?

65" no question.
molnizzle
(Yesterday, 04:20 AM)
My local Best Buy got one of the 2017 W models set up to demo. Shit is tight. Surprisingly decent audio from the sound bar thing too.
gogojira
(Yesterday, 03:45 PM)
With the 2017 models coming in I keep waiting for the B6P to go on sale or even to $1799 which I saw a few weeks ago. It won't though. In fact, they're up to $2300 now lol.
MDave
(Yesterday, 04:21 PM)
Alright guys about to get a LG B6 55", have they released the firmware yet for the UK TV's that have bad input lag?
Kyoufu
(Yesterday, 04:22 PM)

Originally Posted by MDave

Alright guys about to get a LG B6 55", have they released the firmware yet for the UK TV's that have bad input lag?

Not for the B6, no.
MDave
(Yesterday, 04:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Kyoufu

Not for the B6, no.

Oh nuts! I figured they might have by now, wow. Well that purchase has come to a screeching halt. Is it just bad input lag in HDR mode, or also in non HDR mode in game mode? I could live with with non HDR for now if so.
finalflame
(Yesterday, 04:45 PM)
Selling the 65KS8000 today, ahead of moving up the west coast and not wanting to bring all my big stuff (furniture, TVs, large PCs, etc, all getting sold). Hoping to pick up a 2017 OLED further down the road once the LG and Sony sets are out and well reviewed.
Kyoufu
(Yesterday, 04:51 PM)

Originally Posted by MDave

Oh nuts! I figured they might have by now, wow. Well that purchase has come to a screeching halt. Is it just bad input lag in HDR mode, or also in non HDR mode in game mode? I could live with with non HDR for now if so.

Just HDR.
Endorphineforeverybody
(Yesterday, 07:26 PM)
Just some Info i (and hopefully you) found interesting. In the video below, talk about the new Panasonic OLED they mention the HDR 4k Game mode, Panasonic is claiming a 21 ms input lag according to the vid. For Oled EZ 1000/950. LED EX 780/700/600

https://youtu.be/OyfBHCuPha4

(Vid is in German btw)
Jigolo
(Yesterday, 07:42 PM)
21ms input lag on the new Panny OLEDs with HDR enabled? Can't believe it. Will wait for AVForums review
clarknova156
(Yesterday, 07:45 PM)

Originally Posted by J-Rzez

65" no question.

12 feet no question it's 65. I'm
About 7 feet from my 55 and that's even pushing it. If I had the extra grand I would have gotten the 65. 4K really deserves the largest size you can afford.
Gumbie
(Yesterday, 07:48 PM)
Is there anyway to rent new release movies in 4K on my KS8500? According to what I read online the fandango now app should be able to but when I look up movies through the app the only option I have is 1080p. I could always buy a roku 4k and use vudu but I was hoping I could do it with one of the built in apps on the TV.
ukas
(Yesterday, 08:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Jigolo

21ms input lag on the new Panny OLEDs with HDR enabled? Can't believe it. Will wait for AVForums review

I thought LG claimed the same thing on their '17 line?
holygeesus
(Yesterday, 08:32 PM)

Originally Posted by ukas

They did indeed. If the B6 can manage 28 I see no reason why the new sets can't hit that figure.
Kyoufu
(Yesterday, 08:35 PM)

Originally Posted by ukas

Originally Posted by holygeesus

They did indeed. If the B6 can manage 28 I see no reason why the new sets can't hit that figure.

When did they do that?
holygeesus
(Yesterday, 08:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Kyoufu

When did they do that?

At CES.

Edit - sorry didn't post my source.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/lg-w7-201701084420.htm

Vincent Teoh interviews some LG head honcho.
Last edited by holygeesus; Yesterday at 08:51 PM.
MDave
(Yesterday, 11:07 PM)
I went and got the C6. It's such a subtle curve its practically a flat TV! I'm happy with it, input lag is fine.
Thorrgal
(Today, 12:12 AM)

Originally Posted by Night Hunter

So, if the 2500$ listing turns out to be true, where does that put the C7 against the C6 one year ago?

2016 models were $4000 and $6000 for the 55" and the 65" at launch. So 2500/4000 at launch for the 2017 series would be fantastic. That's what I'm hoping for 'cause were I live is impossible to get the 65" B6/C6 for less than 3500