• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA |OT| F2P starting in February! Were you expecting a parade?

Tesseract

Banned
mrPc7.png

fucking hell.

Salz01

Hey, I just noticed that there is a GAF Guild on my server. On Dragonfall. What does one have to do in order to get invited?

arimanius

Ok I'm confused. I just got off the newbie island and I thought the pvp would be open. Do you have to flag yourself first to be able to attack someone? Do they also need to be flagged?

edit* think I figured it out since I just got ganked. lol

You have to flag yourself (flagged = red name) then you can attack anyone even none flagged people. This sound correct?

jiien

Ok I'm confused. I just got off the newbie island and I thought the pvp would be open. Do you have to flag yourself first to be able to attack someone? Do they also need to be flagged?

edit* think I figured it out since I just got ganked. lol

You have to flag yourself (flagged = red name) then you can attack anyone even none flagged people. This sound correct?

Yep, you declare yourself an outlaw, and you can attack anyone. Also means anyone can attack you with no repercussions.

NeOak

Downloading the game now! :D

Just wanna confirm if the EU gaf guild is in fact on the server called "Essenia"?

Yes

Hey, I just noticed that there is a GAF Guild on my server. On Dragonfall. What does one have to do in order to get invited?

Search for the guild believe in the guild finder window then apply

Like Vaelic said. Check the Community Thread for more info: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=471546

Made it mid way through level 37 then I got my hands on a i5-3570k.

Been building the new computer out.

Have to admit Cultists Refugee is a pretty impressive dungeon.

Also, WTF is up with the open dungeon like zones that are packed with a zillion mobs? They're a PITA to do solo despite most of the quests being solo quests.

Tendo

I'm sold on this game. After being let down by SWTOR this seems more up my alley. 2 questions -

1) how group reliant is it if the population doesn't hold up over time?
2) where is the best place to get a digital collectors edition?

Yea had to quit my mystic, to much frustration when every time I put a hp orb down people eat them at full hp, I think I will continue playing it a month from now when more people have a grasp on the game.

MedIC86

Im stilll on the fence, game looks nice...but i dont know...i recently played SWTOR to max level but didnt have much incentive to play more after that...

Anyone who can sell it to me?

Visceir

I'm sold on this game. After being let down by SWTOR this seems more up my alley. 2 questions -

1) how group reliant is it if the population doesn't hold up over time?
2) where is the best place to get a digital collectors edition?

I'd say 70% of the content can be soloed and then there are dungeons and some BAMs that are meant for parties. But if you go take them on a few levels higher you can still solo them...it's just that you'd probably be too high of a level to benefit from the drops directly.

I bought the CE directly from their site.

As for if it's worth it...how I see it is that even if I stop after max level I would still get 100+ hours of playtime out of it and my money's worth

Yea had to quit my mystic, to much frustration when every time I put a hp orb down people eat them at full hp, I think I will continue playing it a month from now when more people have a grasp on the game.

Really, I've always had the opposite issue of people at 50% life running right past them back to the boss.

vaelic

Banned
Im stilll on the fence, game looks nice...but i dont know...i recently played SWTOR to max level but didnt have much incentive to play more after that...

Anyone who can sell it to me?

much better than star wars. I leveled to 49 in TOR and was BORED. The combat alone in Tera blows away TOR, plus the dungeons are incredible

dazzgc

Banned
bought the game. installing now. so what server is the gaf guild on? what are peoples overall impressions so far? is it challenging? i dont mind quest grinding, as long as i cant pull 6 mobs and finish the fight with full life.

does this seem like it will have legs? aion and other mmos died in the ass real fast. sw barely held its userbase peak for a month.

i hope the music at least somewhat holds its own against the visuals

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I most people don't grasp the way Mystic works. After I grouped with my first Mystic and they explained to me the way that class operates, it changed my opinion of it haha

vaelic

Banned
New PvP Server Added: Feral Valley

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/foru...opics/New-PvP-Server-Added-Feral-Valley-32631

Fond of your server's PvP ruleset but not fond of its login queue? Good news! We're adding a fourth PvP server, Feral Valley. This new server will be accessible at 12:00 PM Pacific on April 29 (otherwise known as shortly-after-this-news-post). You'll be able to make new characters on Feral Valley immediately. Want to continue your existing character? Not to worry, you can relocate your characters from Valley of Titans, Jagged Coast, or Basilisk Crag to Feral Valley when server transfers become available live on April 30, a free service as it helps to balance server populations.

To help with this balance, we'll also be temporarily suspending new character creation on the Valley of Titans and Jagged Coast servers for accounts that do not already have characters there. These accounts may be able to enter the queue for those servers but will not be able to create characters on them. Accounts that have characters on those servers will be able to create new ones on them. Look for the new Feral Valley forum section in just a bit!

vaelic

Banned
tired of blurry npc nameplates?

Press O, go to "Video" settings, and scroll down to the bottom where you'll see the "Other" heading. Bump the "Lighting Enrichment settings down from 2 (which I assume you're at now) to 1. Putting it at 0 will make it look terrible, but the 1 setting just fixes the anti-aliasing and SHOULD clear your fonts up.

Jackl

Made it mid way through level 37 then I got my hands on a i5-3570k.

Also, WTF is up with the open dungeon like zones that are packed with a zillion mobs? They're a PITA to do solo despite most of the quests being solo quests.

After Labs and academy I'm loving them. I'm so used to recycled castles and caves it's refreshing to have a unique dungeon experience.

Managed to play up to level 7 earlier, pretty sure im on the USA server but it only to try out the game anyway so no big deal.

Combats pretty fun, I tried controller first but It felt abit "wrong" so I went with M/KB but I imagine once you get loads of skills it could get abit much.

Looks bloody good to me aswell and im playing on a laptop. Surprised it can even run it really.

Jackl

Another thing I have to comment on is how monsters post level 30 are not kidding around anymore. Even minions have a good bit of health, and normal monster have no quarrel with taking 25% of your health in a swipe.

And then theres the BAMs, sweet mother.

Jiien and BlazingDarkness probably wants to kill me for not helping but.. i've been taking pictures. more up close lol

i died laughing D:

sorry about the fps. forgot it picks that up lol

mileS

Done yesteryear. LE at max blurs the overall image to smooth over jaggies, I set mine to 1 and forced msaa from nv inspector eons ago to get an overall sharper image.

Forcing AA with my 5850 kills the framerate. I think I'll stick with option #2 for now.

Visceir

Yah, I was fine while I did CR runs but once I wanted to take a break and go enchant gear in town I crashed, and I knew fully well I would crash. It kinda sucks I'm cut off from part of the game because of those huge lines.

CR has been more generous to me than SM was. This far I've gotten the following golden items: heavy chest, 2x light boots, slayer sword and a ring.

The sword already has a +8% aspd bonus at +6, I want to reroll the stats a few times (with those 5 g scrolls) and see if I can perhaps get another aspd bonus and experience what the +16% aspd would be like...or +22% with the collector's item necklace. Yum.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I made the mistake of checking task manager.

QQ

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
What kind of endgame does this have?

Right now, there are events like the ones in RIFT where it's open groups of people versus invasions.

The political stuff.

Guild vs Guild silliness

Instances and Hardmodes. *there are about 4 you can do I think with 3 having hard modes?*
There is a cross server dungeon finder as well I think

MMOs are not for you then

I played WoW during the vanilla age and loved it along with a few others but at this point, I think the formula itself is what turns me off because they all feel the same with slight differences.

With TERA, the difference is the best graphics and combat in an MMO to date...probably the best mount system as well.

I just can't deal with anymore "go here kill x" quests for days until you do some fun raiding/pvp.

Even then, if you do PVP people with a much lower skill level can beat you just because they've played longer and have better gear. It just doesn't work for me.

I love the thought of belonging to a guild and being social inside a fantasy world but the general pitfalls outweigh the benefits for me.

What were you expecting?

The game itself is almost exactly what I expected. I guess what I wanted was to feel like I could get back into the genre with this one. I don't think I can.

I hope everyone else has fun and supports this game, however. It's really good.

It's Monday here : (

WHY

Tera-wise, I've gotten up to 35.5 and is swimming around having a beach holiday, with my friends in Mistmoor Island. What a holiday destination eh. Raining all day long at one end and sunny all the time at another.

: )

arimanius

Tweaked my AA using NV inspector and made the game lag a bit. Had to log out and try x2 instead of x4.

Now in a 85 min queue. That's what I get for messing around.

Kokonoe

Banned
I made it to level 10 today and still haven't experienced a party in this game yet. Is there a certain point where partying becomes the norm?

Top Bottom