• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

65cmVFN.png

Publisher: Square Enix
Developer: Square Enix
Platform: Playstation 4
Genre: Action RPG
Rating: ESRB E10+/PEGI 12
MSRP: $49.99/49.99€/£34.99
Release Date:
A1WUZFj.png
March 9, 2017
qaJIQmV.png
March 28, 2017
o8jsZxM.png
March 31, 2017
PEcz5Sb.png
March 31, 2017

For newcomers
PhkRTEf.png

Yes, you can jump in with this one.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX is combining two previously Playstation 3 exclusive HD collections, KH1.5 and KH2.5, into one big collection all neatly on a single Blu-Ray disc. It includes 4 playable games and 2 cutscene compilations (or ''movies'', both are 3 hours long!).

Standard Edition:
sJcHoZJ.png

Limited Edition:
zP5qgzG.png

Limited Edition includes an Official Disney collectible pin like the previous collections.

Games included:

jG9VvO8.png

Originally released in 2002 for the PS2 exactly 15 years ago today (happy anniversary!), Kingdom Hearts introduces the series main protagonist Sora as he teams up with Disney legends Donald Duck and Goofy to find his missing friends and save the world while at it. This version is based on the Final Mix rerelease with new content and balance changes.

PS4 Port
Runs at 1080p (4K on Pro) 60fps (30fps cutscenes) with fast load times. No major problems on this port. Some funky physics due to 60fps and minor sound issues. Difficulty trophies now stack unlike on PS3.

h66Ld9P.png

Originally released in 2007 for the PS2, Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories is a full remake of 2004 GBA game Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. In this direct sequel to the first Kingdom Hearts our heroes Sora, Donald and Goofy explore the mysterious Castle Oblivion and meet some of its fishy inhabitants.

PS4 Port
Runs at 1080p (4K on Pro) 60fps (30fps cutscenes) with fast load times. Like with all versions the cutscenes are low resolution due to them being pre-rendered. No major problems on this port. Difficulty trophies now stack unlike on PS3.

qEsTwAu.png

Originally released in 2005 for the PS2, Kingdom Hearts 2 picks up the story one year after the events of Chain of Memories. Along with continuing the adventures of Sora we are also introduced to a new protagonist Roxas who's everyday life seems to be more than first meets the eye. This version is based on the Final Mix rerelease with new content and balance changes.

PS4 Port
Runs at 1080p (4K on Pro) 60fps (30fps cutscenes) with fast load times.

NfXlSrK.png

Originally released for the PSP in 2010, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep serves as the prequel entry of the series taking place ten years before the events of Kingdom Hearts. The story focuses on three new protagonists: Terra, Aqua and Ventus and explores the origins of many key elements of the series. This version is based on the Final Mix rerelease with new content and balance changes.

PS4 Port

Runs at 1080p (4K on Pro) 60fps (30fps cutscenes) with fast load times. Very minor issues due to 60fps, overall the best port of the collection.

Cutscene compilations:

W7RHAYb.png

Originally released for the Nintendo DS in 2009, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days follows the life of Roxas before the events of Kingdom Hearts 2.

o6H4qKV.png

Originally released for the Nintendo DS in 2010, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded was a remake of Kingdom Hearts Coded which was 2008 Japan only mobile game. The story follows the events after Kingdom Hearts 2.

PS4 Port
Both of these cutscene compilations run at a relatively low resolution due to being pre-rendered.

FAQ

Q:What order should these be played/watched?
A:Kingdom Hearts->Chain of Memories->Kingdom Hearts 2->358/2 Days->Birth By Sleep->Coded

Q:Any more specifics on the port issues?
A:Speedrunner Bizkit has been working on more detailed list.

Q:So what the hell was that collection that released in January?
A:Kingdom Hearts 2.8 is a totally different collection with different games. Basically if you buy both 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 you have everything you need before Kingdom Hearts 3 releases.

Q:Where is Kingdom Hearts 3
A:Development is going smoothly for the 4th year in a row.

Q:I heard there is a mobile game that is like super canon.
A:Don't worry about it.

Q:pC/Switch/Xbox?
A:Very unlikely.

Q:So are these the best versions of the games available?
A:Despite some of the problems with the PS4 versions (especially KH2) I would say yes. 60 fps is nice and fast load times make a huge difference compared to PS3 versions.

Remastered Avatars
Celebrate the 15th anniversary of Kingdom Hearts with some avatars!

BgxKMny.png
DRDJ7a0.png
9yZgF4O.png
1qPb3KP.png
cs08BuR.png
pl9YxKr.png
EVlWljA.png
FgOUOAf.png
WF4q7DJ.png
nKERpgV.png
P0EUPqy.png
k3xwVVu.png
ZAbT0WY.png
a3Xedlg.png
nc8rzQR.png
TYv7ncR.png
VrwJAMR.png
z1V0Jsq.png
VhPsPoI.png
qIBUuae.png
JAbDx55.png
3tTGli4.png
JCIIDpx.png
27jadHz.png

Luigi87

Nice OT

One of my most anticipated releases, in spite of the fact that I've bought these games numerous times in the past <_<

I'll probably rush through 1FM. For me the real fun is gonna be a 2FM Lv.1 Critical run. Second time I'll do it, but this time I'm planning Kingdom Key only.

... and hopefully do the AS/Data fights this time as well, since load times? What load times!

Recommended order these should be played / watched in?

I fully support release order.
KHFM -> Re:CoM -> 2FM -> 358/2 Days -> BbSFM -> Re:coded

How good or bad is the port honest. I'm getting it tomorrow. It's not complete shite is it.

Also those pegi logos yuck

It's better for the most part but the save crashing bug on the KH2 port is concerning. That said it'll get patched eventually.

KH1, CoM, 358, KH2, BBS, Coded. Basically play them from top to bottom on the main menu. I would suggest playing 358 after KH2 though. Keeps a couple of twists from being ruined.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Wait. Rcoded and 358/2 aren't playable?

I mean I didn't want to play them anyway, but I totes thought they were ports. Shows what I know.

Skittles

How good or bad is the port honest. I'm getting it tomorrow. It's not complete shite is it.

There's some annoying issues with KH2 that'll eventually be fixed if they keep up the patch pace, but the rest of the ports are pretty great.

Man, I'm so stoked for this. I've still gotta beat Gravity Rush and Zelda, then check out Nier, but I'm hoping I can pick this up sometime this year. The thought of playing these in 60fps, and having them all on one disc, is friggin' cool.

Just do release order.
KH1 --> Re:COM --> II --> 358/2 (movie) --> BBS --> Re:Coded (movie)

I think the game select screen has them listed that way too.

You can do BBS before the movies if you want though.

It's arguably the best ports available. The only real problem child is KH2 and even then I think the very fast load times put it ahead of PS3 version.

Luigi87

Bizkit is play 2FM English v.1.0 right now (not 1.02)

He just played the scene of Beast's Castle linked in the OP and there was no stuttering. There also hasn't been any stuttering on opening chests (though he's about to test more chest opens it seems). He is playing on PS4 Pro however, where as KingdomHops played on a OG PS4 apparently.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Aqua, Terra, and Ventus have some of the best designs for protagonists. They all play off of each other really well, making good use of color, height, expressions, and even animations to work as the perfect complementary trio. They're heavily stylized without looking too goofy like some of Nomura's more infamous designs. I love them.

Was hoping to pick this up before or after work tomorrow at best buy. Wanted to use GCU and get points towards a gift certificate. But for some reason it doesn't allow me to do free in store pickup. I'm wondering if something is up. Usually best buy is good with being able to pre-order and pickup on release day.

Ready to play KH2FM for real this time. My PS3 had disc drive issues so the game would randomly restart so I could never enjoy it. I know that apparently the PS4 version has crash problems but i'm hoping it's not as bad as my previous experience.

Okay guys, going to go ahead and ask this: Is there a certain way I (or any newcomers) should play the games?

I remember people saying that 1 & 2 at least should be played on a certain difficulty? Can't really remember specifics, but I remember there being a big debate about it in one of the threads.

I can't wait to experience these for the first time lol. I remember playing the first game, but stopped because my save got corrupted on the ps2. Never got around to play 2 because I never finished one. Here's hoping I finally get to enjoy these in 60 FPS :)

Reset

Okay guys, going to go ahead and ask this: Is there a certain way I (or any newcomers) should play the games?

I remember people saying that 1 & 2 at least should be played on a certain difficulty? Can't really remember specifics, but I remember there being a big debate about it in one of the threads.

Play KH 2 and BBS on the hardest difficulties.

Stormus

If I have never touched these games before, would you recommend going back and playing them? I'm not a huge Disney guy, but I do enjoy a good ARPG (FFX is one of my favorite for example).

If I have never touched these games before, would you recommend going back and playing them? I'm not a huge Disney guy, but I do enjoy a good ARPG (FFX is one of my favorite for example).

The series is totally worth checking out. II and BBS are super fun ARPGs and KHI, while having a more simplistic battle system, has a real charm and sense of wonder that make it completely worthwhile.

Top Bottom