• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch 1st year is killing my wallet

Same here OP. I have to force myself off the eShop. So far I have.

BoTW
Binding of Isaac
Mr.Shifty
USF2
Blaster Master Zero
Samurai Showdown 4
Metal Slug 3
NBA Playgrounds (refuse to play it till it gets patched)

I want a more games like Thumper and Garou. I'm gonna get ARMs and Splatoon.

GRIMREEFZ

Im concentrating on only Nintendo-ass Nintendo games. In that vain Ive only purchased BoTW and MK8 Deluxe - Which has been fine for me. I know there will be more to come and I haven't plenty to play else where. I hope you find a balance OP!

onken

I won't seriously consider buying one until Mario is out. Zelda is the only released game I want to play but I have so many other PC/PS4 games on my plate I'm not in any rush.

Checked my Switch eShop wishlist and it's basically at $240. Been trying to hold out for a Switch eshop card sale...but it's getting tough.
Still haven't played specter of torment yet since I kind of want the 3 pack but I also don't want to spend too much.
Wonder if Best Buy is still compelled to do a sale like that with how well Switch is selling.

Zemm

Releasing three multiplayer focused games one after another and in quick succession is so boring. Hopefully these are a one per generation type game, which is likely, then it's only Smash that needs a release in the future. I'm looking forward to some single player goodness. Hopefully some Animal Crossing news or at the very least a release date for Stardew Valley.

XandBosch

Checked my Switch eShop wishlist and it's basically at $240. Been trying to hold out for a Switch eshop card sale...but it's getting tough.
Still haven't played specter of torment yet since I kind of want the 3 pack but I also don't want to spend too much.
Wonder if Best Buy is still compelled to do a sale like that with how well Switch is selling.

Did the exact same thing this morning. My birthday is this week so I'm hoping for some cash to fund a lot of purchases lol. Wanting to buy:

Minecraft
Mr. Shifty
Snake Pass
I Am Setsuna
Wonderboy
Thumper
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Street Fighter

I've only bought Zelda and Blaster Master so far.

I want Monster World too eventually, but I played through it for the first time fairly recently on the Master System.

I want to get the pro controller but I keep seeing that the d-pad is awful and will often send incorrect inputs. Is this a unanimous problem or is it just a manufacturing flaw?

I want to get the pro controller but I keep seeing that the d-pad is awful and will often send incorrect inputs. Is this a unanimous problem or is it just a manufacturing flaw?

It's not. The pro is pretty good actually. With Zelda I can see the placement being a bit of a problem lol but other than that I had no problems. Anectodal though

kennyamr

Just bought Zelda here.
Waiting for Xenoblades and Project Octopath Traveler... and the addition of the Virtual Console.
Your turn, Nintendo, surprise me at E3.

Darko

2 snes 8bitdo controllers
2 nes pro controllers
2 switches one regular one neon
2 pro controllers
Mario kart digital and physical
Zelda
Snipperclips
Metal slug 1-3
Nba
Minecraft
Bomberman
Lego
Street fighter
That wipeout racing type game i forgt the name lol

Splatoon and arms up next :)

ScaredHitless

Neo Member

I picked up a Pro Controller on launch day and haven't run into those issues. Works great with everything, including Puyo Puyo.

Only hardware issues I've had are with the left joycon. Keep losing connection during Mario Kart races :(

Like others I'm treating the switch as a full on Nintendo machine. So all I have is Mario kart and Zelda and that is fine for me for literally months. Out of what may come in 2017 I'll pick up Mario this year and that may be it. Everything multi platform I'll pick up elsewhere.

13ruce

Banned
If only i could find a pro controller in my country ha....

Already pre ordered Arms and Splatoon 2 and got a bunch of Splatoon amiibo's and Splatoon 1 to be ready:)

Not only is the Switch bleeding my wallet dry, so is my PS4 lol.

So far this is what I've bought for my Switch:

-Pro Controller
-WaterField case
-BOTW
-1,2 Switch
-Snipperclips
-Lego City Undercover
-Puyo Puyo Tetris
-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
-USF2

Pre-orders:
-Arms
-Splatoon 2
-Fate/Extella

Bowler

Mostly the opposite with me. Bought a switch for zelda and that's about it. No interest on any of those other games, never been a MK fan, arms is maybe a rental. I'll get splatoon.

I haven't touched the switch in over a month, feel like Wii U all over again. Which is fine I buy Nintendo consoles just to play the few Nintendo exclusives every year. I own everything but a One, I have a pc for those games, and over 300 games on backlog so I need to be picky with what I play.

Sameboat.gif

Wamb0wneD

Like others I'm treating the switch as a full on Nintendo machine. So all I have is Mario kart and Zelda and that is fine for me for literally months. Out of what may come in 2017 I'll pick up Mario this year and that may be it. Everything multi platform I'll pick up elsewhere.

Treating this as a Nintendo machine and then ignoring ARMS, Splatoon and Xenoblade makes no sense to me.

DQ Hero

I have bought 7 games.

Zelda BOTW
Super Bomberman R
Blaster Master Zero
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Kamiko
I am Setsuna
Disgaea 5 Complete

I will buy Mighty Gunvolt and Azure Striker Gunvolt in summer but I don't plan to buy more games until Mario Odyssey is out. Maybe ARMS... but I am not a fan of competitive games and that's why i won't buy Splatoon 2 either. There isn't more of my taste the months ahead. I would like to buy Shovel Knight and Dragon's Trap if they get a sale, though.

Well, Disgaea 5 will require a lot of hours so I think i will be fine :D

Still only have Zelda but I have ARMS and Splatoon 2 preordered. I suspect I'll grab MK8 and Mario Odyssey as well. There's always the chance of 1 or 2 more games to round out the year.

cand

I live in Brazil where games are crazily expensive and yet cannot stop spending on switch.

This month I bought:
Fast Rmx
Thumper
Just dance 2018
1 8bitdo snes30
1 8bitdo sfc30

I already had;
Zelda
Bomberman
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Kamiko
Snake pass

I'm really itching to buy Disgaea 5 ...

trixx

Chile

PS4 Pro+Uncharted bundle is the same price as Switch+ MK8D or Zelda.
That's insane and not worth it.

The accessories and games are so expensive. I mentioned it before and to some friends.

At a certain point it's better to just get another switch. I mean a set of joy-cons+dock+grip is more than half the price. If only there was game sharing like xbox

Kiro

Just a nintendo machine + indies that are great on the go like shovel knight and soon to be hollow knight. Rime is on ps4

It's not. The pro is pretty good actually. With Zelda I can see the placement being a bit of a problem lol but other than that I had no problems. Anectodal though

I picked up a Pro Controller on launch day and haven't run into those issues. Works great with everything, including Puyo Puyo.

Only hardware issues I've had are with the left joycon. Keep losing connection during Mario Kart races :(

Thanks. I'll pick on up later so that maybe it'll less likely have the defect. I need those big buttons.

Pachimari

Treating this as a Nintendo machine and then ignoring ARMS, Splatoon and Xenoblade makes no sense to me.
Maybe he isn't enticed by those games? Nothing wrong with that. I treat my Switch like a Nintendo machine as well, and I'm definitely skipping Arms as it looks like crap, and Xenoblade cause I couldn't get into the original. And thus am only left with Splatoon 2 and maybe Mario Odyssey unless I skip that one too since I couldn't get into any of Galaxy 1+2 or Land/World.

Maybe he isn't enticed by those games? Nothing wrong with that. I treat my Switch like a Nintendo machine as well, and I'm definitely skipping Arms as it looks like crap, and Xenoblade cause I couldn't get into the original. And thus am only left with Splatoon 2 and maybe Mario Odyssey unless I skip that one too since I couldn't get into any of Galaxy 1+2 or Land/World.

I want to ask have you even tried giving ARMS a shot like trying the Testpuch.

I mean its opinion and all but I can't understand people automatically assuming a game is crap without trying it. If I had this mentality I would have skipped some of my favorite games.

ViolentP

I want to ask have you even tried giving ARMS a shot like trying the Testpuch.

I mean its opinion and all but I can't understand people automatically assuming a game is crap without trying it. If I had this mentality I would have skipped some of my favorite games.

Tried it, not for me. If it weren't for Binding of Isaac, it'd probably be next year before I picked up my Switch again. Not that I think it's bad, but as previously mentioned, I'm treating this as another Nintendo console.

Top Bottom